Ultimate Secret #2 Discussion (Spoilers)

Pietro said:
I am new, and thanks to both you and Ice. This place seems great. I've been lurking for a few days. Alot of other message boards totally attack new members for some reason, so I was a bit hesitant to register, but whatever. I want to talk about comics. And this place seems like a good place to do it.
And I have a question. We mainly talk about Ultimate comics here, of course. Is there a sister message board where the mainline Marvel comics are discussed? Or is this kind of a separate entity type thing?
As has been said, we've got boards for both Ultimate and Mainline Marvel.

I've been trying to get boards for non-marvel series, or atleast a Vertigo board since alot of the people here have been turned onto them, but no luck so far. :(

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't see any reason for a fight... maybe if more Kree show up. How many more issues till this arc is up?

Just 2, which is why it's so baffling that it's taking 3 months for the next one.

Well is the Kree Killform the only kind of Kree? From reading this issue and the last, I didn't think so.

But it's entirely possible that there will be more fighting because the Kree will probably get upset with Marvel for screwing with their plans. We'll have to "stay tuned", though.

Last edited:
Goodwill said:
Well is the Kree Killform the only kind of Kree?

From my understanding it is a Kree weapon, not a Kree at all. Mahr Vell is a Kree.

did anyone pick up on Marh Vell's words right before he destroyed the kill form. (not exact) "my trial-father built you"

I said this earlier half in jest, but the whole Carol Danvers info flood gave me an idea. MwoF said the conversation -- the infamous Cree Indian conversation -- she had with Fury sounded staged. And others believe Danvers has some Kree connections (not to mention those Kreel-like eyes).

There's obviously some underlying tension between Cap Marvel and Danvers. What if SHE is the herald sent to scout planets for Galactus, or the head of a scout patrol from which Cap Marvel had defected? Is it out of the realm of possibility that she's the Silver Surfer?

I just can't get past the idea that SS will make an appearance, and it'll be a shocker.

Parthuman said:
I said this earlier half in jest, but the whole Carol Danvers info flood gave me an idea. MwoF said the conversation -- the infamous Cree Indian conversation -- she had with Fury sounded staged. And others believe Danvers has some Kree connections (not to mention those Kreel-like eyes).

There's obviously some underlying tension between Cap Marvel and Danvers. What if SHE is the herald sent to scout planets for Galactus, or the head of a scout patrol from which Cap Marvel had defected? Is it out of the realm of possibility that she's the Silver Surfer?

I just can't get past the idea that SS will make an appearance, and it'll be a shocker.

Well I had my own theory on Surfer and I really hate the idea of mixing ultimizations like that. I mean really hate the idea of mixer ultimizations. But it's an interesting theory as always. If she was Kree there'd be no way that rocket would be going up though she had all the access to stopping it before the launch.

Got this issue today. I really liked it. Captain Mahr Vell kicked ***. Not only is he a badass alien, but he has a great sense of humor. And the scene with the FF was brilliant too. I'm really interested with what all that Drake equation stuff might have to do with the story. Oh and Johnny and Ben making a still: :lol:

moonmaster said:
I'm really interested with what all that Drake equation stuff might have to do with the story.

I thought that was pretty well explained. Basically Reed is looking at an equation which should give some clue as to how many alien species there are out there, and wonders why we haven't seen more than just the Chitauri. Right then and ther, he gets the call to deal with a couple new ones.

UltimateE said:
I thought that was pretty well explained. Basically Reed is looking at an equation which should give some clue as to how many alien species there are out there, and wonders why we haven't seen more than just the Chitauri. Right then and ther, he gets the call to deal with a couple new ones.

I don't mean to be picky but you know what's out of continuity... Reed doesn't even care about what's goin on in outer space because he's too busy with inner space... ya know what I'm on about?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't mean to be picky but you know what's out of continuity... Reed doesn't even care about what's goin on in outer space because he's too busy with inner space... ya know what I'm on about?

No...explain...

UltimateE said:
No...explain...
I know that it's normal for Reed to dabble in other projects but right now isn't he working on the whole N-Zone thing? It would've made more sense if he talked about that Drake Equation after Fury had spoken to him. Not make it seem like he was already working on the project that wasn't yet assigned to him. It's just a little nit pick and really doesn't matter though.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I know that it's normal for Reed to dabble in other projects but right now isn't he working on the whole N-Zone thing? It would've made more sense if he talked about that Drake Equation after Fury had spoken to him. Not make it seem like he was already working on the project that wasn't yet assigned to him. It's just a little nit pick and really doesn't matter though.

It really doesn't, especially since we know that this story is in the distant past and what is going on in UFF is current.

TheManWithoutFear said:
all right. Just dabbling in the idea a bit.

E, Can we speculate on #3 here?

As it relates to #2, yes.

First of all, Mooney is wrong. I'm a terrific person.

Secondly, Ultimate E is right - action doesn't mean fighting. For example, dialogue is supposed to be verbal actions, not exposition and pointless jibber-jabber.

Thirdly, Captain Mahr Vehl is the greatest superhero who ever lived. You know it's true. Accept it. He is perfect. And he's got a watch that turns him into a superhero.

That is all.

Marvel is certainly one of the more interesting and cooler characters off the bat. He reminds me a lot of Reed Richards, however, I'm sure there are differences there... He seems to have a little Ben in him in terms of what kind of humor he has, which is certainly appreciated from such a heavily written science story.

Latest posts

Back