Ultimate Secret #3 (Spoilers)

Bass said:
I brought that up, and why there were so many. I don't remember him saying that, but I probably missed it.
Chatting about Einstein and there were so many because the kree were trying to make sure the launch stopped for good. They were beaten before, so every ship sent their killform.

In any case, I completely agree with you Guij. You said what I said, but with more force. Good for you. :D
HOW DO YOU LIKE IT NOW!

Guijllons said:
It's just like someone saying, "Britney Murphy, she's a right slapper" and me replying "Hey! that's my future wife you're talking about!".

I'll fight you for her.

You could be right, but I doubt it. I think it's just sloppy writing. Nothing that would ruin the series or anything, but surely a mistake.

UltimateE said:
I'll fight you for her.

You could be right, but I doubt it. I think it's just sloppy writing. Nothing that would ruin the series or anything, but surely a mistake.

I agree with this...but I'm not interested in doing anything for the rights to Britney Murphy...she looks like a pre-addicted crack-head. Not my type.

DIrishB said:
How about we test this theory? I put a loaded gun to your head with you under the impression I'm going to shoot and see how much fun you have. I'm sure you're not going to be wanting to go out for drinks at that point. Maybe change your underwear, but thats about it.

And Bass, they're still facing down the possible extinction of all life on their planet, I don't care who they are, kids or adults, they should be acting not as if its a Saturday night drive to the movies.

My point is they haven't seen or experienced the threat yet. That's why it isn't so scary from their viewpoint, for now. If I have a gun pointed to my head I'd be crapping in my pants because it's just a couple of centimeters near my temple. For the Ultimates, they know it's an alien threat, and they've beaten down the Chituari, but have no first hand experience of Gah Lak Tus itself. Honestly the worst thing they could do is sulk about it. That's not exactly good for morale, which should severely cripple their fighting capabalities. Also, it was downtime before Fury scheduled a conference to develop their battle plan.

I admit though that Johnny yapping about kegs while Reed was working with the Star Drive was a little too much considering that how busy Reed probably was. Ellis' depiction of Thor may be taking the laid-back hippie personality a little too much although we already know that Thor likes to drink considering one of his hangouts are bars.

cmdrjanjalani said:
My point is they haven't seen or experienced the threat yet. That's why it isn't so scary from their viewpoint, for now. If I have a gun pointed to my head I'd be crapping in my pants because it's just a couple of centimeters near my temple. For the Ultimates, they know it's an alien threat, and they've beaten down the Chituari, but have no first hand experience of Gah Lak Tus itself. Honestly the worst thing they could do is sulk about it. That's not exactly good for morale, which should severely cripple their fighting capabalities. Also, it was downtime before Fury scheduled a conference to develop their battle plan.

I admit though that Johnny yapping about kegs while Reed was working with the Star Drive was a little too much considering that how busy Reed probably was. Ellis' depiction of Thor may be taking the laid-back hippie personality a little too much although we already know that Thor likes to drink considering one of his hangouts are bars.

No one can quench or outdrink Thor's thirst.

cmdrjanjalani said:
My point is they haven't seen or experienced the threat yet. That's why it isn't so scary from their viewpoint, for now. If I have a gun pointed to my head I'd be crapping in my pants because it's just a couple of centimeters near my temple.

So you've had a gun put to your head before? I realize they haven't experienced it yet, as most likely if they had they'd be dead. Thats the point. Gah Lak Tus is described as anti-life, the opposite of God. Thats pretty heavy stuff. My point is given the gravity of the situation and the way Ellis wrote the characters' approach to it is just not believable or appropriate. Its my opinion, but I think it has merit in more than just being my viewpoint...you know, as far as real life social reaction/interaction goes.

For the Ultimates, they know it's an alien threat, and they've beaten down the Chituari, but have no first hand experience of Gah Lak Tus itself. Honestly the worst thing they could do is sulk about it. That's not exactly good for morale, which should severely cripple their fighting capabalities. Also, it was downtime before Fury scheduled a conference to develop their battle plan.

I'm not saying sulk about it, whats the point of that? I'm saying be appropriately worried, not everyone joking around the whole time.

If Thor were a real hippy he'd be swallowing sugar cubes soaked in LSD.

I don't really liked Ellis' Thor and Iron Man. They seem like 2-dimesional characters. But the artwork was awesome and the story progress a little. I can't wait for the smackdown in issue 4.

thee great one said:
I don't really liked Ellis' Thor and Iron Man. They seem like 2-dimesional characters. But the artwork was awesome and the story progress a little. I can't wait for the smackdown in issue 4.
NOOO!!

The artwork let down the characters because they were badly acted.

a little consideration please!

DIrishB said:
If Thor were a real hippy he'd be swallowing sugar cubes soaked in LSD.
Hey!!! Put it behind a SPOILER tag, next time you plan to mention any details from Orson Scott Card's upcoming Ultimate Thor origin mini-series.

Last edited:
Where do you guys get these issues before they come out?

I don't have the cash flow to pick up every issue (or any for that matter) but what I do get/have I know well. If I could get my hands on these issues....

Akilies said:
Where do you guys get these issues before they come out?

I don't have the cash flow to pick up every issue (or any for that matter) but what I do get/have I know well. If I could get my hands on these issues....

It's been out for like a month now.

Akilies said:
Oh...****

Sorry then

No need to be sorry - that's why we're here.

FYI: #4 comes out this week.

Re: a little consideration please!

compound said:
Hey!!! Put it behind a SPOILER tag, next time you plan to mention any details from Orson Scott Card's upcoming Ultimate Thor origin mini-series.

Sorry.

Ultimate Odin turns out to be the reincarnated consciousness of Timothy Leary. And it turns out Thor got his powers because his mom was bitten by a rabid hippie at Woodstock, but Leary's sub-conscious/Ultimate Odin intervened and granted the child wondrous powers, which would manifest after a stay in a mental instituion. Ultimate Thor spends his early toddler years traveling with his hippie mom alongside acts like Creedence Clearwater Revival and Terry Reid, before a forgettable stint as a roadie with ABBA in the late 70's, early 80's. It was this experience which later led to Thor's nervous breakdown. That and his latent homosexual feelings. Card will make that a running sub-plot of the series, with Thor having to overcome his dark desires in the bath-houses of mid-80's Europe. Guest-starring Wolverine!!

That was the outline Card wrote up anyway.

Latest posts

Back