Ultimate Secret #4 (Spoilers)

Rhyo said:
Mmm, on top of the ankle bone for me. It DID hurt. The tattooist was this huge Japanese guy with a tonsure haircut. His name was Jingo. I didn't make the obvious joke, because he was holding something fairly sharp and because he had my foot placed firmly across his crotch. It was all rather surreal.

Lol, T . M . I . - sorry, I've been drinking...
For some odd reason, I found that entire description strangely arousing. :oops:

Rhyo said:
Let's just say that he wasn't going for an Eisner here and I suspect he wrote it with only one free hand and with his eyes on the paycheck.

It's light, amusing fluff with lots and lots and lots of evil dead aliens. Was the series worth $12 as a stand-alone? Ehhhh, no. The first two issues were very good, McNiven came up with a complete cool Capt Marvel. Were there things that happened in this series that will have been required reading for next series? God, I hope so, or I just blew $12. I've wasted $12 on worse things, though.

Like a tattoo. And that actually hurt. This mini didn't HURT.

Twelve bucks for a tattoo? Is that the going price in prison? Wal-Mart? It cost me $200 to get three bullet holes over my heart after my divorce.

Ellis said:
Bendis said:
I told Marvel I could do the (NEW AVENGERS arc McNiven is also illustrating) in three issues. I had laid out my scenes and had it all worked out… but writing isn't an exact science…. as I kept writing I thought of new ideas and new scenes, and scenes I had got tossed for new scenes and before I knew it I needed an extra issue. I tried to cram it all into the three issues, but it did not work.

I came to Marvel yarmulka in hand and told them I needed the forth issue. i knew things were tight for Steve but I didn't know exactly what the schedule was. We toyed with a fill-in or having Finch finish the story, but Steve's work is so unique that a fill-in would be glaring.

So though it was ultimately Marvel's decision to keep Steve on the story, I do take the responsiblity for it because I said I could do one thing for them and could not. I would have never done this to any of you on purpose and I am sorry.

For the record, Warren was unbelievably gracious about it…

He wrote this before he discovered all the dog**** in his suitcase.

I found this funny.

Latest posts

Back