Ultimate Sinister

The Overlord

Am I the only person who thinks Ultimate Sinister is a better character than 616 Sinister?

I prefer 616, but the best Sinister story I've read is the UXM. I like the old costume and the X-Factor stuff he was in...

I was disappointed that they made Ultimate Sinister so much of a thug. I did like that he was a good fighter and that he used guns, but I would have liked it if he had had some hench men to do some *** kicking.

I think the whole henchman deal weakens the strength of the character. For Sinister, I appreciated the fact that Vaughan made him this guy who didn't care if he got dirty. We need more of those villains.

OK, I like Ultimate Sinister as a character but I don't like him as the Ultimization of Sinister?

Sinister is all about the scheming. Its what he does. Its who he is. Without it, its just not Sinister.

That said, I quite enjoyed his appearance in UXM. I like the character as is, I'm just disappointed that he didn't keep the parts I so liked from 616.

Caduceus said:
That said, I quite enjoyed his appearance in UXM. I like the character as is, I'm just disappointed that he didn't keep the parts I so liked from 616.
I thought the same thing. It would've been better if they were. Least we still had some good moments.

The character that was Ultimate Sinister would have worked better as Ultimate Scalphunter. For some reason I think it was just a cheap move to bring in potential readers for Vaughn's run. Damn good storyline though.

Do we know for sure that Ultimate Sinister is still a live? I don't know if any writter has really answered this question, but I always assumed that it was purposefully left up in the air for a future writer to decide one way or the other.

MaxwellSmart said:
Do we know for sure that Ultimate Sinister is still a live? I don't know if any writter has really answered this question, but I always assumed that it was purposefully left up in the air for a future writer to decide one way or the other.

You can't kill yourself by choking yourself, he is still alive.

Goodwill said:
Yes, and this would also prove that Apocolypse is only a figment of his imagination. ;)
No, all it proves is that Sinister tried to choke himself because he believes Apocalypse told him to.

If I try and choke myself because I think you told me to, that doesn't mean you don't exist.

Goodwill said:
Well, if I was in the same room, why wouldn't I just chock you myself?
Who said Apocalypse was in the same room? Too many ways around it, like astral projection.

This is kind of a stretch, but her it is. What if they explained apocalypse as being real, but he didn't really visit sinister. They could say that Sinister say read some acient scroll about apocalypse and then imagined that he was really being visited by him.

MaxwellSmart said:
This is kind of a stretch, but her it is. What if they explained apocalypse as being real, but he didn't really visit sinister. They could say that Sinister say read some acient scroll about apocalypse and then imagined that he was really being visited by him.

Yeah, that is a stretch. I just reread the Sinister arc and, while I still haven't decided my thoughts on Apoc., I really wish the artist on that arc had stayed on for more. BKV and him were probably my favorite (well, one of my favorite) teams on Ultimate X-Men. Let me put it this way: I started to read Ult. X-Men again with this arc and just loved it altogether.

902 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rockon: :rockon:

MaxwellSmart said:
This is kind of a stretch, but her it is. What if they explained apocalypse as being real, but he didn't really visit sinister.

Sounds like something Claremont would write.

I really hope that there really was some connection between Sinister and Apocolypse. Sinister looks like he needs Apocolypse to become what he has longed to be, which is a mutant (perhaps that is the best way to put it... He was talking about getting to the top of the food chain), and has made changes genetically because he needs to prove himself to his master. I don't know, I'm just hoping that Apocolypse's connection to Sinister does not perish.

Latest posts

Back