Ultimate Solicitations for April, 2006

Fuzzy Birds

Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for April 2006, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for Ultimate Extinction #4, Ultimate Fantastic Four #29, Ultimate Spider-Man #93, Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #3, Ultimate X-Men #69, Ultimates 2 #11, Ultimate Fantastic Four vol. 5 TPB, Ultimate Tales Flip Magazine #11, & Ultimate Marvel Flip Magazine.

Release dates and covers subject to change - stay tuned to Ultimate Central for the latest news and updates.

ULTEXT04.jpg

ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #4 (of 5)
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils & Cover by BRANDON PETERSON

As the Fantastic Four's Reed Richards and the X-Men's Professor Xavier frantically search for a last-ditch defense against Gah Lak Tus, the bizarre Silver Surfer is in a life-and-death struggle with Captain America himself! Plus, much more on the mystery of Moondragon...or is it Moondragons?
32 PGS./Rated T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99
Release Date: 4/12/06

ULTFF029.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #29
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by GREG LAND

Get the body bags ready—because somebody doesn't make it home! The secret of the Super-Skrull is revealed as we find out what's really been behind Thor's ascendancy to the White House! Meanwhile, it looks like Ben Grimm's last stand, as he tries to save mankind from an alien menace! And on an Earth where all six billion people have a super power—with the exception of poor Ben—is that a curse or a blessing?
Part 3 (of 3)
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99
Release Date: 4/26/06

ULTSM093.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #93
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY

It's the Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Spider-Man versus Ultimate Deadpool and his deadly band of Reavers—for all the marbles! And wait'll you see where the battle takes place! Deadpool's identity revealed and the relationship between Peter Parker and young Kitty Pryde hits an important milestone!
32 PGS. /Rated A ...$2.99

ULTWOLVSHLK03.jpg

ULTIMATE WOLVERINE VS. HULK #3 (of 6)
Written by DAMON LINDELOF
Pencils & Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU

The preliminaries are out of the way, and now it's time for the battle of the century between one hirsute X-Man and one Jade Giant. It ain't gonna end pretty. Written by the Emmy award-winning co-creator of the hit show LOST, Damon Lindelof, and drawn by superstar artist Leinil Francis Yu! If you thought issue one was unbeatable, wait'll you see this one!
Release Date: 4/19/06

UXM069.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #69
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Pencils & Cover by BEN OLIVER

"PHOENIX?" Part 1 (of 3)
Hot artist Ben Oliver (Vigilante) joins the terrific Robert Kirkman for a new 3-issue arc! The mysterious mutant called Magician is plunged into the world of the X-Men, adjusting quickly and making new friends fast. But there is something deeply sinister about the newcomer. Something only young Kitty Pryde notices. Let's hope she hasn't noticed too late. Meanwhile, is Jean Grey really the cosmic entity called Phoenix? And if so...what can be done about it...?
Release Date: 4/05/06

ULTS2011.jpg

ULTIMATES 2 #11
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by BRYAN HITCH

"GRAND THEFT AMERICA"
The penultimate issue of volume two gives us answers to long-standing mysteries and brings us closer to the epic conclusion to "Grand Theft America"! With the traitor revealed and the Triskelion in ruins, the remaining Ultimates must unite to defeat an invasion force bent on establishing a new world order. But with the team shattered, who will lead the charge? Part 5 (of 6)
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$2.99

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 5: CROSSOVER TPB
Written by MARK MILLAR

Mark Millar returns to ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR, and he's brought X-MEN: PHOENIX - ENDSONG superstar Greg Land with him! Even in their short careers, the Ultimate FF have seen a lot of amazing things – but nothing will prepare them for the world they're about to enter! Reed Richards has used his scientific genius to contact an Earth in a surprisingly familiar parallel dimension – and he's ready to visit! Plus: The shocking secret of the Storm family is finally revealed! Locked away at the bottom of the ocean for 5,000 years, Namor the Sub-Mariner's Atlantean tomb has been breached; now, he's back to rule a planet. This is a Namor you've never seen before with a vastly different agenda. This is Ultimate Namor! Learn about the ties between Atlantis, the Ultimate Inhumans and the super-races that existed before man ruled the Earth! Collects ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #21-26.
144 PGS./Rated A ...$12.99

ULTIMATE TALES FLIP MAGAZINE #11
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #20 & 21

Pencils & Covers by MARK BAGLEY
64 PGS./RATED A ...$3.99

ULTIMATE MARVEL FLIP MAGAZINE #11
ULTIMATE X-MEN #11

Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by ADAM KUBERT
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #11
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils & Cover by STUART IMMONEN
64 PGS./RATED A ...$3.99
Release Date: 4/5/06

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ultimate Marvel April 2006 Solicitations

Gorgeous Peterson cover for UEX, although the issue itself sounds like a repeat of the last solicit.

UFF.... meh. I've got no idea where that stuff with Ben comes from, I thought this arc was supposed to focus on Johnny? On a similar note, the last issue of Marvel Zombies will apparently lead into the first issue of Frightful over in UFF.

Deadpool actually looks very cool, now I only hope Bendies nails the character.

UWvH cover looks a bit blah.

Ben Oliver on UXM!!! I loved this guy's stuff since his Authority Human on the Inside. Story sounds like it's heating up too.

Ultimates!! What a cover, so simple, yet still powerful. Is Thor really coming back!?! I don't know, but I can't wait to find out.

Fuzzy Birds said:
ULTEXT004_cov.jpg

ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #4 (of 5)
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils & Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
As the Fantastic Four's Reed Richards and the X-Men's Professor Xavier frantically search for a last-ditch defense against Gah Lak Tus, the bizarre Silver Surfer is in a life-and-death struggle with Captain America himself! Plus, much more on the mystery of Moondragon...or is it Moondragons?
Moondragons? I like it. Another cult. The rest sound cool.

ULTFF029_cov_col.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #29
Written by MARK MILLAR
Get the body bags ready—because somebody doesn't make it home! The secret of the Super-Skrull is revealed as we find out what's really been behind Thor's ascendancy to the White House! Meanwhile, it looks like Ben Grimm's last stand, as he tries to save mankind from an alien menace! And on an Earth where all six billion people have a super power—with the exception of poor Ben—is that a curse or a blessing?
Part 3 (of 3)
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99
Someone doesn't make it home? And then Reed saves them useing one of his gadgets... Not even looking forward to it.

ULTSM093_400_col.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #93
Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY
It's the Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Spider-Man versus Ultimate Deadpool and his deadly band of Reavers—for all the marbles! And wait'll you see where the battle takes place! Deadpool's identity revealed and the relationship between Peter Parker and young Kitty Pryde hits an important milestone!
32 PGS. /Rated A ...$2.99
Now it's Reavers again? Cmon!! Actually that's a good thing. Deadpool's identity revealed? I don't like the sound of that? It better be Wade. But look it's Ultimate Deadpool :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

ULTWOLH003.jpg

ULTIMATE WOLVERINE VS. HULK #3 (of 6)
Written by DAMON LINDELOF
Pencils & Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
The preliminaries are out of the way, and now it's time for the battle of the century between one hirsute X-Man and one Jade Giant. It ain't gonna end pretty. Written by the Emmy award-winning co-creator of the hit show LOST, Damon Lindelof, and drawn by superstar artist Leinil Francis Yu! If you thought issue one was unbeatable, wait'll you see this one!
This is just gonna be so much kick *** action!! I wouldn't surprised if Statham showed up out of nowhere.

ULTX069_cov1.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #69
Pencils & Cover by BEN OLIVER
"PHOENIX?" Part 1 (of 3)
Hot artist Ben Oliver (Vigilante) joins the terrific Robert Kirkman for a new 3-issue arc! The mysterious mutant called Magician is plunged into the world of the X-Men, adjusting quickly and making new friends fast. But there is something deeply sinister about the newcomer. Something only young Kitty Pryde notices. Let's hope she hasn't noticed too late. Meanwhile, is Jean Grey really the cosmic entity called Phoenix? And if so...what can be done about it...?
More Cyclops/Wolverine tension!? YES!! I was hopeing these two would square off again. Kitty disappears so do Magicians? Kitty finds out magic isn't real and is afraid to tell Iceman because he might cry?

ULTMTSV2011.jpg

ULTIMATES 2 #11
Written by MARK MILLAR
"GRAND THEFT AMERICA"
The penultimate issue of volume two gives us answers to long-standing mysteries and brings us closer to the epic conclusion to "Grand Theft America"! With the traitor revealed and the Triskelion in ruins, the remaining Ultimates must unite to defeat an invasion force bent on establishing a new world order. But with the team shattered, who will lead the charge? Part 5 (of 6)
[/QUOTE]:shock: *Faints*

Don't for get "Marvel Zombies." Even if it dose not have an Ultimate title. It dose tie into it. first it starts after "Crossover". And this Issue ties into the upcoming Ultimate Fantastic Four's Story "Frightful"

MARZOM005_cov.jpg

MARVEL ZOMBIES #5 (of 5)
Penciled by SEAN PHILLIPS
Cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM
Is it wedding bells—or an Undead extravaganza!?! The world-devouring Galactus makes his way to Earth to discover the dominant life form is—Marvel Zombies! Can the zombies defend their world from the Big G or will they meet their end in a planet-wide conflagration? The answer will shock you in this conclusion that ties into Ultimate Fantastic Four: "Frightful," beginning next month!

So the mini. tie back into the Ultimate Fantastic Four. So maybe the Zombie FF escape, and we'll get that big fight between The UFF & the Zombie FF after all!

Last edited:

UE
Great Cover. I love it.

UFF.
Another fantastic cover. This sounds like fun.

USM.
I'm kindly iffy on his outfit.

UXM
That is an ugly cover.

UWvsH
Meh. But I love the book

U2
YES YES YES

i'm geeking out soo hard over USM & Ultimates 2...whats up with deadpools cuffs though?

Fuzzy Birds said:
ULTMTSV2011.jpg

ULTIMATES 2 #11
Written by MARK MILLAR
"GRAND THEFT AMERICA"
I can't wait, Should be ****ing awesome

Re: Ultimate Solicitations for April, 2006.

The Ultimate Extinction cover kinda pisses me off.

The UXM cover, as I said, gets me pumped because I want to see more Wolverine Vs. Cyclops. But what's Logan have to do with the Phoenix? Nothing? Thought so.

The UFF cover... just as "cool" as the last one.

The Ultimates cover... nice concept but nothing special.

Ultimate Hulk Vs. Wolverine... Are those Wolverine's claws going through Hulk? Pretty badass.

USM....:rockon:

Last edited:

Ultimate Extinction: Galactus still hasn't shown up? Plain cover. Oh, and look E: 4 (of 5). :D

Ultimate Fantastic Four: Sweet cover. Did they switch this around with the Johnny arc?

Ultimate Spider-Man: Same old Deadpool. Confused about Marauders/Reavers.

Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk: Cool cover. They replaced solicit information with hype.

Ultimate X-Men: Yes! No Steve Dillion! :D

Ultimates 2: Hell yes.

Marvel Zombies: Interesting to see this ties into Frightful, so this probably confirms the Frightful Four are zombies.

whats with the big square out of zombies?:sure:
also, yAY no STEVE DILLON its like my birthday 8 months early!

is the USM cover the first one that DOESN'T have spidy on it.

Latest posts

Back