Ultimate Solicitations for April, 2006

Re: Ultimate Solicitations for April, 2006.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Probably nothing. Probably Jean's "edgier" side wants Logan and that's what causes the conflict. Very original.
Oh, I didn't know you read the issue yet.

Fuzzy Birds said:
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 5: CROSSOVER TPB
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by GREG LAND

Mark Millar returns to ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR, and he's brought X-MEN: PHOENIX - ENDSONG superstar Greg Land with him! Even in their short careers, the Ultimate FF have seen a lot of amazing things – but nothing will prepare them for the world they're about to enter! Reed Richards has used his scientific genius to contact an Earth in a surprisingly familiar parallel dimension – and he's ready to visit! Plus: The shocking secret of the Storm family is finally revealed! Locked away at the bottom of the ocean for 5,000 years, Namor the Sub-Mariner's Atlantean tomb has been breached; now, he's back to rule a planet. This is a Namor you've never seen before with a vastly different agenda. This is Ultimate Namor! Learn about the ties between Atlantis, the Ultimate Inhumans and the super-races that existed before man ruled the Earth! Collects ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #21-26.
144 PGS./Rated A ...$12.99
Release Date: 4/05/06

Interesting that this is $12.99 and it collects 6 issues, and the vol. 4 TPB is the same price and only collects 3.

UltimateE said:
Interesting that this is $12.99 and it collects 6 issues, and the vol. 4 TPB is the same price and only collects 3.
Well one of those issues is a double-sized page count annual.

ourchair said:
Well one of those issues is a double-sized page count annual.

Even so, that's only 4 issues.

And is it really double-sized, or is it just a few extra pages? I don't remember.

icemastertron said:
Extra Pages. I estimate around 36-38 maybe?

I think all the annuals were around 40 pages, because I remember the X-Men one was around there, but it wasn't double a normal issue.

Does that mean they're charging too much for the smaller trade or not enough for the bigger trade?

Last edited:
Steve GMan said:
Does that mean they're charging too much for the smaller trade or not enough for the bigger trade?

I would say way too much for the smaller trade. $12.99 for 6 issues is a bargain. I think they are normally $14.99 for 6 issues.

Watch this be a typo in the solit and they will up the price.

Yeah I just noticed that all the Ultimate FF trades are 12.99 or something like that. That's weird, but good for most of them.

UltimateE said:
I would say way too much for the smaller trade. $12.99 for 6 issues is a bargain. I think they are normally $14.99 for 6 issues.

Watch this be a typo in the solit and they will up the price.
I thought it was a typo before, since they've screwed up on these things plenty of times before. The RARE 3 issue trades are supposed to be $9.99, since its only 96 pages. Than again, they're raising prices almost everywhere. :?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back