Ultimate Solicitations for August, 2006

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for August 2006, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for Ulitmates Annual #2, Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual #2, Ultimate Fantastic Four #33, Ultimate Spider-Man #98, Ultimate Spider-Man #99, Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #2, Ultimate X-Men #73, Ultimate X-Men Annual #2, Ultimate X-Men Volume 6 HC, Ultimate Galactus Book 3: Ultimate Extinction TPB, & Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 16: Deadpool TPB.

Release dates & covers are subject to change - stay tuned to Ultimate Central for the latest news and updates.

ULTSANN02.jpg

ULTIMATES ANNUAL #2
Written by CHARLIE HUSTON
Penciled by MIKE DEODATO and RYAN SOOK
Cover by MIKE DEODATO

As the Ultimates clear the wreckage from the recent attack on the U.S., a monstrous evil from the past rises from the ashes to launch an attack when America is at her weakest. Featuring the return of the long-thought-dead bio-fanatic: Arnim Zola! And with the ranks of the Ultimates severely depleted, all that stands in Zola's path is the indomitable sentinel of liberty—Captain America and Sam Wilson, the high-flying Falcon! Cover to cover action!
48 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99
On sale 8/23

ULTFFANN02.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #2
Written by MIKE CAREY
Penciled by STUART IMMONEN & FRAZER IRVING
Cover by STUART IMMONEN

Something strange has happened at Nursery Two, the Baxter Building's Think Tank counterpart in Oregon. It's disappeared!, seemingly swallowed up by the earth itself! And if you think that heralds the return of the macabre Mole Man...go to the head of the class. Featuring an awesome exploration of a subterranean world that will simply take your breath away...if not your life!
48 PGS./Rated A ...$3.99
On sale 8/16

UFF033.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #33
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils & Cover by PASQUAL FERRY

"GOD WAR" Part 1 (of 6)
Seed Nineteen—a bizarre name for the most bizarre characters ever to enter the lives of the F.F.: Threshold, Fountain, Magnificent Brute, Dreamcatcher. These incredible entities hold the key to a cosmic conflict that has raged for untold millennia and now involves our quarrelsome quartet. You've never seen anything like it! We promise. And it debuts our new creative team: Mike Carey on script and Pasqual Ferry on pencils!
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99
On sale 8/30

ULTSM098.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #98 and #99
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY
"THE CLONE SAGA"

Spidey is reeling from the exposure of the Scorpion's unbelievable identity. But even that pales besides the string of revelations awaiting him such as: Who kidnapped Mary Jane and what does he/she want? Who does Spider-Man struggle against in the old warehouse where he fought his first battle? Who is waiting for him in the house in Queens he and his Aunt May abandoned recently? Your jaw will drop and your mind will go numb when you learn the solution to these mysteries. And the world of Peter Parker will never be the same. Parts 2 and 3 of 5.
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99
On sale 8/2 [#98], 8/23 [#99]

ULTSMANN02.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #2
Pencils & Cover by MARK BROOKS

The team that brought you last year's Ultimate Spider-Man Annual returns! And they've brought Punisher and Daredevil with them! While Foggy Nelson offers Spidey some legal advice, Police Captain Jean DeWolfe gives him some other advice...on how to take down the Ultimate Kangaroo! Will Peter Parker be able to navigate his way through this all-action moral maze? And more to the point...will Punisher just shoot him instead?
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99
On sale 8/9

UXM073.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #73
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Pencils & Cover by TOM RANEY
"MAGICAL
"
The mysterious Magician's standing with the X-Men is put to the test as questions about his past begin to surface. Did he lie to gain entry to the group? Do his actions belie his true motivations? Just what is this strange young man all about? Meanwhile, a tormented Jean Grey is having great difficulty dealing with the results of the Shi'ar testing. Elsewhere... Dazzler stirs. Part 2 of 3.
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99
On sale 8/9

UXMANN02.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN ANNUAL #2
Pencils by SALVADOR LARROCA with LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA

Dazzler--Alison Blaire, former X-Man--has awakened from her coma only to discover her life is in deadly peril! And even her former fellow X-Men may be powerless to save her as a betrayal within the ranks has left them shellshocked.
Plus: The 2-Page origin of Professor X's cat. drawn by Leinil Francis Yu!
48 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99
On sale 8/30

ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 6 HC
Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN & GEOFF JOHNS
Penciled by STUART IMMONEN, STEVE DILLON, TOM RANEY & AARON LOPRESTI
Cover by STUART IMMONEN

This deluxe hardcover collects ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 12: HARD LESSONS and ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 13: MAGNETIC NORTH, plus the rare #1/2 issue and other DVD-style extras. In HARD LESSONS, Ultimate Wolverine makes his explosive return! Storm travels to the Great White North to find her missing friend, but there's no time for celebration for the tempestuous and troubled duo! They're about to take on an all-new threat to the Ultimate Universe... Lady Deathstrike! Plus: When a dangerous young mutant immune to psychic control takes Charles Xavier and the rest of a Manhattan bank hostage, the Professor must lead a diverse group of humans in a risky bid to end the siege! And finally, witness the return of Ultimate Juggernaut! Juggie makes a play for the Gem of Cyttorak, the jewel that will make him truly unstoppable. Only two small things stand in his way: Rogue of the X-Men and Ultimate Gambit, the new prince and princess of thieves! This story will change the X-Men's status quo forever! And in MAGNETIC NORTH, Magneto returns! Emma Frost, Alex Summers and the X-Men's greatest enemy star in an epic new storyline! When teenage mutant Lorna Dane accidentally commits a horrific crime, will the X-Men protect her, or leave her to the fury of S.H.I.E.L.D.? It's mutant against mutant — brother against brother — as Cyclops and his X-Men risk their lives to take down Havok, who has unwittingly become a pawn in Magneto's deadly game. Guest-starring the Ultimates!
Collects ULTIMATE X-MEN #58-65, #1/2 and ANNUAL #1.
256 PGS./Rated T+ ...$29.99
On sale 8/16

ULTIMATE GALACTUS BOOK 3: EXTINCTION TPB
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Penciled by BRANDON PETERSON
Cover by BRANDON PETERSON

It's time for the coming of Gah Lak Tus! And his arrival could mean the end of all life on this planet! Not even the power of S.H.I.E.L.D or the brilliance of Fantastic Four leader Reed Richards seems able to stop its inexorable march to Earth. What role do the Ultimate X-Men have in this drama? And who on Earth is Misty Knight and how does she know the fate of our world may rest with — Ultimate Silver Surfer? Collects ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #1-5.
120 PGS./Rated T+ ...$12.99
ISBN: 0-7851-1496-3
On sale 8/2

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 16: DEADPOOL TPB
Penciled by MARK BAGLEY
Cover by MARK BAGLEY

Spider-Man teams up with his new girlfriend – the X-Men's Kitty Pryde, who gets a new super-hero identity for when she's not hanging with her mutant mates! Plus: Meet the dangerous Ultimate Deadpool – and the Ultimate Reavers! It's mutant action, with Spidey caught in the middle! Collects ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #91-97.
144 PGS./Rated A ...$15.99
ISBN: 0-7851-1927-2
On sale 8/9

For ALL the covers, though not yet with the solits, click here

ULTIMATE X-MEN ANNUAL #2
Pencils by SALVADOR LARROCA with LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
Dazzler--Alison Blaire, former X-Man--has awakened from her coma only to discover her life is in deadly peril! And even her former fellow X-Men may be powerless to save her as a betrayal within the ranks has left them shellshocked.
Plus: The 2-Page origin of Professor X's cat. drawn by Leinil Francis Yu!
Holy crap! We finally learn about the cat! :shock:

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Nah. Why clone Kitty too? That's involving her tooooo much. I hope it's just a female clone of Peter.
I mean not so much a clone in the sense we think of but more as in they took Peter bits, fertilized Kitty bits, and bam. Spider-Woman. Make sense with Bendis and the science thing, because it'd be similar to the "lesbian baby" idea that geneticists are tinkering with. Create what's essentially female "sperm" from one woman's genetic material, stick it into another woman's egg, and you have a child that's the biological product of both women. While Peter isn't female, it'd be easier to get random DNA than actual sperm, and they could synthesize something to stick into a host egg and create a new child from.

Last edited:
Ultimate Spider-Man
The Clone Saga sounds fantastic and DAREDEVIL & PUNISHER!

Ultimate X-men
Woo Dazzler and Nightcrawler.

Ultimates
More Cap and Falcon.

Ultimate Fantastic Four.
Sounds good enough.

How can Ultimates Annual come out BEFORE Ultimates V2 wraps up? Didn't Huston say in the interview that we'd be seeing where some of the characters ended up after the last issue?

for some reason, im REALLY liking that USM cover, don't know what it is, but its nice. and did anyone else notice its feet?

edit: and the USM A#2, if you look at it with a quick glance (or take your glasses off) DD looks like an angry little red Paraná, and the whiteness of the teeth make it look like little fangs.

Last edited:
FINALLY it looks like we're in store for some Ultimate goodness. I'm cautiously optimistic about this Clone Saga - at least they are making it sound good in the hype.

I forsee a future in about a year and a half when all of this ends up sucking and Proj revives this thread, quoting me from above.

Thanks for posting, Ice.

Wow, looks like a pretty exciting month...

The first thing that really looks good to me is USM. This may be the hype, but I'm really looking forward to the actual story. From what I've heard so far from Bendis, this should be one of those memorable arcs. Can't wait to see the answers to all of these questions...

Next, you may think I'm crazy... BUT the Fantastic Four looks really awesome. I can't wait for the Mole Man and whatever else Carey has planned... If these solicitations for the Annual and the first issue for his run is any indication, he's going to rock!

Ultimates Annual - I've seen this all before and I'm not sure who the villain is - but I'm really excited about it.

Ultimate X-Men - Doesn't looking inspiring or interesting in the least bit. I really hope Magician gets caught in one of those optic blasts...

E said:
FINALLY it looks like we're in store for some Ultimate goodness. I'm cautiously optimistic about this Clone Saga - at least they are making it sound good in the hype.

I forsee a future in about a year and a half when all of this ends up sucking and Proj revives this thread, quoting me from above.

Thanks for posting, Ice.

:twisted:

I'm confused about the Ultimates Annual. Is it going to reveal the ending? Or is it going to be vaguely hinted at? We'll see.

EDIT: Arnim Zola! :rockon:

Last edited:
Ultimates Annual #2 - I'm liking anything with Ultimate Captain America in it. And if he's teamed up with anyone Marh-vell, Falcon, whoever it always seems to add to the fun. I'm looking forward to this. And this Zola guy looks like he needs the Ultimate Treatment... Arnim Zola

Ultimate Fantastic Four Annual #2 - Carey's cosmic story doesn't have me interested in the least bit. The return of Mole Man definitely does and I'm still waiting for everything the Fantastic Four has encountered to tie in with Moley and his dealings in the underground dwellings that relate to Atlantis.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #33 - Carey's very hit or very miss. I'm not pumped for this but maybe he'll surprise us... maybe... :?

Ultimate Spider-Man #98 and 99 - A lot of mystery and :shock: moments. I like the cover but like E said, cautiously optimistic. Hopefully Bendis has been holding back for this arc.

Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #2 - Daredevil :twisted: / Punisher. Street Level crime is what Bendis does best. More DeWolff too. And Foggy. :D A side story not dealing with the clone saga craziness should be a nice break.

Ultimate X-Men #73
- Still my favorite monthly Ultimate Title. Magician will pass. I think it was at least be a safe bet that it will be enjoyable. Still waiting to see how Jean's handled.

Ultimate X-Men Annual #2 - Cool for Nightcrawler but what about Angel? And I hope Apocalypse begins to surface soon.... You know, just saying... :twisted:

Overall good Ultimate Month.

Why are they soliciting ultimates annual #2 before they solicit ultimates 2 #13? Where is the cover for Ultimates 2 #13 for the ending they just wouldn't give away the ending like that would they?

a fan said:
Why are they soliciting ultimates annual #2 before they solicit ultimates 2 #13? Where is the cover for Ultimates 2 #13 for the ending they just wouldn't give away the ending like that would they?
We all know how it's going to end. Good triumphs, evil gets it's *** kicked, Hank looks like a dick.

E said:

Assuming that you haven't burned all your comics and closed down the site by then.

Latest posts

Back