Ultimate Solicitations for August, 2006

I don't know about the UXM Annual... I like Dazzler and I can't wait to see what Kirkman does with her in the issue, but I'm worried about what Kirkman WILL do, you know? I don't know.

Goodwill said:
I don't know about the UXM Annual... I like Dazzler and I can't wait to see what Kirkman does with her in the issue, but I'm worried about what Kirkman WILL do, you know? I don't know.
I forsee a conversion to another Scientology-derived fake religion?

Taskmaster said:
As for the UXM, it seems odd; Magician is fighting alongside the team on the previous cover, but now they are trying to kill him. It's confusing. He would be an interesting character, but I don't like how Kirkman is handling him, whihc is pretty sad, since Kirkman created him.

FYI...the covers rarely EVER actually relate to the story inside. Least nowadays. Then again, this is coming up on the end of Kirkman's run (supposedly...it was nine issues right? Or has that been extended?), and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the character turn on the team for whatever reason and either end up dead or in SHIELD custody...either way, he's set up for a future reappearance as a villain.

Taskmaster said:
As for the UXM, it seems odd; Magician is fighting alongside the team on the previous cover, but now they are trying to kill him. It's confusing. He would be an interesting character, but I don't like how Kirkman is handling him, whihc is pretty sad, since Kirkman created him.
Well look at the solit. Things aren't turning out well for him, or at least, they won't.

DIrishB said:
FYI...the covers rarely EVER actually relate to the story inside. Least nowadays.
But it does go with the solit, if you look.

DIrishB said:
Then again, this is coming up on the end of Kirkman's run (supposedly...it was nine issues right? Or has that been extended?), and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the character turn on the team for whatever reason and either end up dead or in SHIELD custody...either way, he's set up for a future reappearance as a villain.
You forget he's going to stay on the book "for the forseeable future"?

Magicians got mentally unstable written all over him. He's definitely headed toward a snap. He might not turn evil, but things will get ugly.

Last I checked wasnt Angel still hot for Dazzler? If Kurt and Dazzler hook up, could this lead to some tension for Angel? Possibly a reason to stay off the team longer term, maybe fall in with the wrong crowd, end up duped by a guy by Apocalypse and become death?

Or it could be that Kurt kisses Dazzler and she responds by inserting her fist into his face.

Covers aren't always accurate. I mean, there's the AXM one of Logan and Emma playing tonsil hockey and it's Emma making Scott see himself as Logan.

jtg3885 said:
Or it could be that Kurt kisses Dazzler and she responds by inserting her fist into his face.

Covers aren't always accurate. I mean, there's the AXM one of Logan and Emma playing tonsil hockey and it's Emma making Scott see himself as Logan.

Could be wishful thinking.. but i just would like to see a sort of ultimate fall of mutants story that touches every title like the one in the 616, see the whole Archangel deal and what not..

About Kurt and Dazzler, seeing the beginning of UXM #70,
I'm thinking Dazzler hears Kurt through her coma and falls for him.

Ultimate Spider-Girl pic

This is how Spider-girl will be like in UU kinda looks like venoms suit.And i gues here she's not Peters kid(Duh)Kida looks like Shadowcat tooo...

ULTSM098_400_col.jpg

Re: Ultimate Spider-Girl pic

Iceshadow said:
I like it, are those her pale fingers or part of her gloves?

Think so.She kinda looks like Kitty(look at the hair) and the suit looks like Spider-Woman's(Julia Carpenter)

Precisely, Old Faithful. ;-)

I think the Kangaroo is part of a supervillain team called the League of Idiots or something... I can't remember the REAL name but it's to the same effect.

Goodwill said:
Precisely, Old Faithful. ;-)

I think the Kangaroo is part of a supervillain team called the League of Idiots or something... I can't remember the REAL name but it's to the same effect.

What is his powers? Jumping?

The Kangaroo is a villain who started in the 1970's, who looked disturbingly like He-Man. That's right. He-Man.

He was Australian, and he liked kangaroos.... The guy wasn't even bit by a radioactive kangaroo or anything. His special powers are jumping. Seriously, and he used that to kickstart (hah) a boxing career. It seems his past parallels Spider-Man's start in wrestling closely, yes? Sadly, it was not to be... He injured a guy in the ring and ended up getting charged with crimes, and then arbitrarily became obsessed with hunting Spider-Man. I think at one point he got cybernetic kangaroo legs or something.

Years and years later, the Kangaroo showed up on a joke squad who were just trying to kill Spider-Man (I think it was actually called the League of Losers, Goodwill), but I think that Kangaroo was a different guy.

What would you guys do without me?

I don't know. I'm getting sick of the joke characters. Bendis seems to think it's hilarious to just throw in lame Spider-Man villains. It was funny the first couple of times, but come on, Bendis. The joke's old. Kangaroo! I know! Hah! Move on, you bastard!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back