Ultimate Solicitations for February, 2006

Maybe Ellis doesn't know the difference between Vision and Silver Surfer.

Vulture? With Iron Man? Bendis is stealing my plots! :D

And something else I was going to say...

So I'm guessing the whole point of the new UFF arc is that Reed screws with the timeline so that, in the altered present, Thor is the new prezzie?

ULTIMATE EXTINCTION
Ugly cover but this sounds promising.

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN
I liked the vultures look and this sounds good.

ULTIMATE X-MEN
I hope Sabertooth comes back

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR

This sound like gold. The cover sucks.

ULTIMATE HULK VS WOLVERINE
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:
ultxm067_400_sm.jpg

That fourth claw on Sabertooth is really idiotic. It makes my top three of "Things that makes no sense in the Ultimate Universe".

Where the hell does it retract? At least Wolverine's claw are roughly lined up with his wrist and set between his knuckles.

Sabertooth's claws are line up directly with the knuckle (they go through them?!) and the one lined up with the index clearly has nowhere to go when he sheaths it.

It's just silly. He has one claw too many. Wolverine's claws are firmly in "suspend your disbelief, it's just a comic" territory but Sabertooth has busted through that and is into "Was Millar taking advices from a 5 year old when he made that decision?" territory.

PS : For those who wonder, my list is :
1 - Magneto not catapulting Colossus into space as soon as he saw that the big lump of metal was resisting
2 - Those freakin' claws
3 - Elektra beating the crap out of Spider-Man

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
ultxm067_400_sm.jpg

That fourth claw on Sabertooth is really idiotic. It makes my top three of "Things that makes no sense in the Ultimate Universe".

Where the hell does it retract? At least Wolverine's claw are roughly lined up with his wrist and set between his knuckles.

Sabertooth's claws are line up directly with the knuckle (they go through them?!) and the one lined up with the index clearly has nowhere to go when he sheaths it.

It's just silly. He has one claw too many. Wolverine's claws are firmly in "suspend your disbelief, it's just a comic" territory but Sabertooth has busted through that and is into "Was Millar taking advices from a 5 year old when he made that decision?" territory.

PS : For those who wonder, my list is :
1 - Magneto not catapulting Colossus into space as soon as he saw that the big lump of metal was resisting
2 - Those freakin' claws
3 - Elektra beating the crap out of Spider-Man

Colossus resisting Magneto just showed how strong Colossus was. He could actually resist a magnetic field. Also, Magneto was distracted. The other two I'll give you, though. :wink:

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I would add that having more blades doesn't make you more lethal, it makes you less.

It augments your surface of contacts and thus diminish the pressure you can apply on any one claw.

Optimally, you'd use only one and apply all your strenght on a very small point of contact. But I can understand drawing Wolverine with three, it looks somewhat cooler than just one. Four claws, though, just looks too crowded on one fist so it both looks less cool and less efficient. You can forgive inefficience in comics as long as it looks good, but if it doesn't even looks good than it result in : :roll:

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
Optimally, you'd use only one and apply all your strenght on a very small point of contact. But I can understand drawing Wolverine with three, it looks somewhat cooler than just one. Four claws, though, just looks too crowded on one fist so it both looks less cool and less efficient. You can forgive inefficience in comics as long as it looks good, but if it doesn't even looks good than it result in : :roll:
You're totally missing the point. Sabertooth went out of his way to show up Wolverine. It can look stupid and still make sense. Sabertooth is making himself look foolish by adding a claw.

TheManWithoutFear said:
You're totally missing the point. Sabertooth went out of his way to show up Wolverine. It can look stupid and still make sense. Sabertooth is making himself look foolish by adding a claw.
What he said. And if I remember correctly, Sabes even said something like that when he showed them to Logan way back when.

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #27
ULTIMATE WOLVERINE VS. HULK #2 (of 6)
ULTIMATE X-MEN #67

And yeah, the whole 4 claw thing was to make Sabertooth look like even more like an idiot. He wasn't thinking combat effectivness.

Regardless, it's great he's still got them. I wouldn't have wanted them to disappear. It'll be cool to see him around again... I wonder what Kirkman will do to explain his head getting chopped off/what happened to him in SHIELD custody if he was there...

Probably no SHIELD custody but he definitely took a while to grow that thing back... I hope we see some gruesome flashback images. It'd be cool if they showed him like mentally retarded being taken care of cause he has half a brain developing and is a vegtable and then he becomes his old self when it completely grows back and slaughters them.

Last edited:
Cool stuff.

The only thing thats throwing me off a bit is the cover for Ultimate Extinction #2. It looks like all the characters are in the process of a prostate exam or something with the wide-eyed looks on their faces. This I assume, was the artist attempting to go for a look of terrified bewilderment, and getting uncomfortable resignment instead.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Probably no SHIELD custody but he definitely took a while to grow that thing back... I hope we see some gruesome flashback images. It'd be cool if they showed him like mentally retarded being taken care of cause he has half a brain developing and is a vegtable and then he becomes his old self when it completely grows back and slaughters them.

That sounds similar to the opening of Halloween 5.

But I'm looking forward to good old Sabes showing back up.

DIrishB said:
The only thing thats throwing me off a bit is the cover for Ultimate Extinction #2. It looks like all the characters are in the process of a prostate exam or something with the wide-eyed looks on their faces. This I assume, was the artist attempting to go for a look of terrified bewilderment, and getting uncomfortable resignment instead.
:lol:

I seriously hope that you're not speaking from experience!

Ultimate Extinction - Worst art to touch the series!!!

Ultimate Fantastic Four - I hate time travel scifi

Ultimate Wolverine Vs. Hulk - Nothing new. To early to see if Lindelof has any skills.

Ultimate X-Men - I'm pessimistic about "Date Night," but Sabertooth might be enough to stir things up.

Why is everyone critical of Ultimate Extinction's cover? I think it's cool... It's a different coloring job than last issue's cover, but we can't complain.

Goodwill said:
Why is everyone critical of Ultimate Extinction's cover? I think it's cool... It's a different coloring job than last issue's cover, but we can't complain.
Color? Color has nothing to do with this.

Wolverine looks all wrong, Thing looks too weird like he is, and everyone else is ok. Not Brandon's best work at all.

icemastertron said:
Color? Color has nothing to do with this.

Wolverine looks all wrong, Thing looks too weird like he is, and everyone else is ok. Not Brandon's best work at all.

I'm not too keen with his Ultimate Thing. All the books sound interesting to me. In USM, I hope they finally tell us where all those animal-themed bad guys come from. They all seem to have similar backgrounds and would make sense if they were all connected. Ultimate Vulture is also not a thug villain (unless they decided that he won't be Adrian Toomes), so I hope they flesh out his character more. UFF is also intriguing, but I'm not too comfortable with all the zany adventures the UFF have considering the realism of the Ultimate Universe. Can't wait for Ultimate Extinction and I really want to see how Lindelof's story would turn out in UW vs. UH.

Latest posts

Back