Ultimate Solicitations for January, 2007

USM- Doc Ock is my favorite Marvel villain ever (him and Doom), and I seriously hope that it's him behind it all. That would make me feel so much better about Ultimate Doc Ock after the utter disapointment that was Hollywood. And by the way, if Norman is behind it, I will never read another Spider-Man title again. Well, I'll probably read USM up until Bagley leaves- but after that, I'm gone. Why? The Green Goblin is a good villain, of course; but he's behind EVERYTHING. I know he's Spider-Man's arch-nemisis and all, but come on! I got sick and tired of him being behind every single freaking scheme in the 616 universe, I hope it doesn't happen here. Using the GG for the main villain has almost become a deus ex machina, like time travel in the third Harry Potter book; don't know which villain to use? Use Norman!

UFF- I'm loving this title. Can't wait.

UXM- I stopped collecting this in individual issues at the end of Brian K. Vaughn's run, so there's no reason to start now.

Altogether, this looks like a great Ultimate month.

Can't wait for USM. UFF looks good too.

On a completely unrelated note, Volunteer Fire detective, it's nice to see a fan of A Series of Unforutnate Events.

"The world is quiet here."

E, you must re-explain how Ultimate Fin Fang Foom could be cool again. That sounds very interesting.

I didn't have any specific ideas or anything resembling a pitch, but it basically consisted of getting rid of the goofy bits and turning him into an actual threat - sort of like Godzilla but scary.

I just reread UXM 75, the beginning with Jean and Cyke and the maybe wedding ring. If they kill Cyke and Jean sees it was a ring, cue sad cheese ball music.

I think the team leader's going to bite the big one...I don't like it.

USM. Doc Ock is a fine villain for Clone Saga, he DID take the first blood sample of Peter's. And Ock and Norman aren't on talking terms so it's believable that Ock's behind it all and GG has nothing to do with it.

Still there's another twist in that issue we're not being told. My money's on Richard Parker working with Ock. It's not much of a twist, but who didn't see that Gwen was Carnage and that was a "big twist".

2007 starts off strong for the Ultimate Universe. Maybe sales will go up for all titles.

Seriously.

I mean I should automatically shudder at the thought of Ultimate Modok......but instead I'm intrigued and actually wanna see that. Same with Ultimate Mandarin or Fin Fang Foom.

That's who should have bee the villian of UIM2. Ultimate Mandarin, not Abominatrix. That would be all kinds of awesome.

As for Fing Fang Foom. . .I could dig it. Definetly potential there.

Not to get too far off topic, but a long time ago (I think before you joined) I made the case for how awesome Ultimate Fin Fang Foom would be if done right.

And I was dead serious.

Yes, I remember...

I even wrote it in my journal... E told a very funny joke today. I laughed about it later...

;-)

Oh?

I hear people think Doc Ock will actually be Richard Parker? What are your thoughts, board?

I don't think Doc Ock is Richard. That dude on the cover? Yeah that's Richard. Or a clone of the original with Doc Ockish arms.

I don't think Doc Ock is Richard. That dude on the cover? Yeah that's Richard. Or a clone of the original with Doc Ockish arms.

I thought the original arms were like melted or something. Or destroyed by shield at the least. Speaking of that, i'd like to see an explanation of how he was able to control the arms without them being on if it wasn't explained already

I thought the original arms were like melted or something. Or destroyed by shield at the least. Speaking of that, i'd like to see an explanation of how he was able to control the arms without them being on if it wasn't explained already

Well, Ock's had the arms for years, remember, even before the accident. He might have built some kind of remote control system into them while he was doing science experiments and when he did the whole creepy merging-with-arms thing the remote control became part of him.

The arms make sense in the movie, because they're designed as an AI that will act on their own to fix something in the radiation experiment (at least that was the impression I got--they were given AI in order to act on their own if they detected a problem, and when they malfunctioned they carried out their standing orders to continue the project). But in the USM book, Ock's more like a biologist, which does work for him being part of the cloning, but doesn't explain why he needs the arms. So it's like he just built arms earlier, or got some from Osborn, and he kept them because he didn't feel like reaching for stuff. Now I have this mental image of Ock creating those arms, which he could market for millions of dollars and being like "Screw it, I want to be the only one who can scratch their *** while vivisecting lab animals and drinking Diet Pepsi."

Okay, originally I just wanted to submit my remote control hypothesis, but now I can't stop thinking about the freaking arms.

How about Richardm, defenseless father, desperately trying to help his superhero son. Grabs confiscated Doc Ock arms off to rescue Peter from SHIELD is killed doing so.

this idea is bad ***!

It kind of works against my whole Richard isn't Richard theory but a great idea for sure!:D

Actually they did, in Ultimate Six Doc Ock theorizes that he has a very acute mutant powers to control electrical impulse (either caus or braught out by the Oz explosion the made Green Goblin). And due to the arms being attached to him he related his powers to them. So by that he should be able to control any machine but he has know idea how to use it, it only works subconciously with the arms.

And yes they were melted at the end of the Hollywood arc, but in Hobgoblin we saw in the bunker another pair of arms, take that for what its worth. Just a simple easter egg or a clue that someone is trying to bring the arms back

Actually they did, in Ultimate Six Doc Ock theorizes that he has a very acute mutant powers to control electrical impulse (either caus or braught out by the Oz explosion the made Green Goblin). And due to the arms being attached to him he related his powers to them. So by that he should be able to control any machine but he has know idea how to use it, it only works subconciously with the arms.

And yes they were melted at the end of the Hollywood arc, but in Hobgoblin we saw in the bunker another pair of arms, take that for what its worth. Just a simple easter egg or a clue that someone is trying to bring the arms back

THat's right. WHen that Luthor looking guy takes Harry that middle-o-no-where place?

Latest posts

Back