Ultimate Solicitations for July 2005

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Ultimate solicitations for July, 2005

Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for July, 2005, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #21, ULTIMATES 2 #7, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #79 & #80, ULTIMATE X-MEN #61, ULTIMATE IRON MAN #3, ULTIMATE MARVEL #2 FLIPBOOK, ULTIMATE TALES #2 FLIPBOOK, ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 11: THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME TPB, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 13: HOBGOBLIN TPB.

This information, particularly the shipping dates, is subject to change or adjustment. Stay tuned to Ultimate Central for shipping date updates.

ULTFF021.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #21
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by GREG LAND
"CROSSOVER" Part 1 (of 3)
Ultimate Starts Month begins here! Mark Millar returns to Ultimate Fantastic Four, and he's brought X-Men: Phoenix Endsong superstar Greg Land with him! Even in their short careers, the Ultimate FF have seen a lot of amazing things – but nothing will prepare them for the world they're about to enter! Reed Richards has used his scientific genius to contact an Earth in a surprisingly familiar parallel dimension – and he's ready to visit!
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50
On-Sale 7/6/05

ULTS2007.jpg

ULTIMATES 2 #7
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by BRYAN HITCH
"WOLF IN THE FOLD"
Ultimate Starts Month continues as a new chapter of the saga of the Ultimates begins to unfold! As Captain America leads the team into action, the mysterious traitor makes a move that will forever alter the life of one of the Ultimates...in the most horrifying way possible. You must not miss this issue!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$2.99
On-Sale 7/13/05

ULTSM080.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #79 & #80
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY
"WARRIORS" Parts 1 & 2 (of 6)
Ultimate Starts Month continues with the launch of an all-new, all-action story! The Gang War to end all Gang Wars begins! The Kingpin is in retreat--and that kind of a power vacuum won't last long. It's about to be filled by a figure of unabashed dread in the underworld: Hammerhead! PLUS, the Ultimate debut of several Marvel characters, including Moon Knight! And Spidey thinks he's had trouble before... but nothing has has ever made him declare – "Peter Parker" no more!
32 PGS. (each)/T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50 (each)
#79 On-Sale 7/6/05
#80 On-Sale 7/20/05

UXM061.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #61
Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
Pencils and Cover by STUART IMMONEN
"MAGNETIC NORTH" Part 1 (of 5)
Ultimate Starts Month sends Emma Frost, Alex Summers and the X-Men's greatest enemy into an epic new storyline! When teenage mutant Lorna Dane accidentally commits a horrific crime, will the X-Men protect her, or leave her to the fury of S.H.I.E.L.D.?
On-Sale 7/13/05

ULTIM03.jpg

ULTIMATE IRON MAN #3 (of 5)
Written by ORSON SCOTT CARD
Pencils & Cover by ANDY KUBERT
Sci-Fi visionary ORSON SCOTT CARD (Ender's Game) and superstar artist ANDY KUBERT (1602) tell the tale of Tony Stark. Don't miss this amazing chapter where Tony meets Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes for the first time!
32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$2.99
On-Sale 7/27/05

ULTIMATE MARVEL #2
ULTIMATE X-MEN #2
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by JOE QUESADA
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #2
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS &
MARK MILLAR
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by BRYAN HITCH
64 pgs / 3.99
On-Sale 7/6/05

ULTIMATE TALES #2
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #2
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #3
Pencils by MARK BAGLEY
Covers by JOE QUESADA
64 pgs / 3.99

ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 11: THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME TPB
Pencils & Cover by STUART IMMONEN
It's the ultimate reality show as mutants convicted of capital crimes are released on an island where contestants hunt them down. Longshot has survived longest, and the X-Men are sent to rescue him — until they become part of the game themselves! With one of their teammates a captive on the island of Krakoa, the malevolent media mogul called Mojo demands the X-Men return Longshot to his headquarters or Angel will soon have a harp to go with his wings! Meanwhile, does Longshot have a "Dazzling" not-so-secret admirer?
Collects ULTIMATE X-MEN #54-57.
96 PGS./All Ages …$9.99
ISBN: 0-7851-1659-1
On-Sale 7/13/05

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 13: HOBGOBLIN TPB
Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY
It's the terrifying debut of the Ultimate Hobgoblin as Harry Osborn returns to Midtown High harboring a dark secret that will affect the lives of all those around him – especially his best friend, Peter Parker. And where does Harry's father – Norman Osborn, a.k.a. the Green Goblin – fit into all this?
Collects ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #72-78.
168 PGS./All Ages …$15.99
ISBN: 0-7851-1647-8
On-Sale 7/27/05

TheManWithoutFear said:
ULTIMATE STARTS!
ULTIMATE X-MEN #61
"MAGNETIC NORTH" Part 1 (of 5)[/B]
Ultimate Starts Month sends Emma Frost, Alex Summers and the X-Men's greatest enemy into an epic new storyline! When teenage mutant Lorna Dane accidentally commits a horrific crime, will the X-Men protect her, or leave her to the fury of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

So she does break Magneto out..

Last edited:
René said:
TheManWithoutFear said:
ULTIMATE STARTS!
ULTIMATE X-MEN #61
"MAGNETIC NORTH" Part 1 (of 5)[/B]

So she does break Magneto out..
We'll see. Let's not jump the gun so quickly. But if it is that, I can't wait to see why.

My prediction if it is that: She finds out that Magneto is her father, and goes crazy to get him back, after not having her "real" father all her life.

I dont think she's gonna be Magneto's daugther in this universe, and what would happend if Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch find out? I dont want her to be Magneto's daugther, maybe she cant control her powers that well just yet.

Sounds like i'm gonna be pickin up UXM again......HAVOKS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!last decent take on the character was MutantX,and the last GREAT take on the character was AOA.....bout freakin' time!

iceman said:
covers? COVERS!
Here now are the solicitations for all Ultimate books. These are sans cover. Covers will be added as soon as they are available.

(But you can see UXM #61 in its respective thread. :wink:)

icemastertron said:
Ok, why didnt anyone notice this earlier.

NO Ultimate Secret #4 of 4 and NO Ultimate Extinction #1 of ???
that is what i was going to ask.

I highly doubt Lorna will be Magneto's daughter in UU, this is a recent development in 616 and will soon (probably) be retconned.

I also think Magneto uses Lorna...somehow......don't...know..how...though. Hmmm

UltimateE said:
No artist? :?

They haven't even signed up an artist for this mini yet? Wow, if thats true, we won't see an Ultimate Extinction issue until probably closer to the end of the year, September at the earliest. I don't mean to jump the gun but realistically speaking, especially because the only Ultimate ongoing which tends to ship on time is USM, the others every few months tend to be a few weeks late--I realize sometimes the release date is pushed back for whatever reason by the publisher or whatnot with no fault of the artist, but if no artist is even signed yet to draw this book (and its mid-April already), and with the factor that they probably won't start releasing the mini until at least almost three issues are in the can (at least if they're smart)...like I said, not until September (I know that was a bit of an extreme run-on sentence, but I'm too lazy to care...least I'm honest). I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong (this is my most anticipated Ultimate event of the year, so I'm definitly looking forward to this first issue), but Marvel's rarely-on-time publishing history speaks for itself.

As to the other titles, I'm really pumped for July in terms of Ultimate comics. Been looking forward to the Warriors arc coming up in USM, as well as the new Magneto arc in UXM. And this info about Lorna Dane, Havok, and Emma all show up is sounding very interesting, especially considering the return of Magneto. UFF I'm also eagerly awaiting, as I'm hoping it might help make sense of the somewhat screwed-up continuity as this arc has been rumored to do.
Ultimates 2 #7...I'm reserving judgement. I don't think we're going to find out who the traitor among the Ultimates is in this issue, nor any of the next several issues. I'm hoping we get to see more of Thor and Loki's interaction. I knew the Loki plot wasn't going to be resolved in #5, so it looks like Loki may play the role of major villain throughout the series. I could be wrong, but with #6 being an Ultimate Defenders oriented issue, I doubt that plot is going to even come close to being resolved. And #7's preview doesn't seem to hint at Loki playing a big role in that issue either. I'm hoping we see Loki and another evil super-whatever team up--for instance Loki manages to even manipulate Ultron (and we know Pym's been working on him...I bet he makes some mention of the robot in #6) into destroying the Ultimates...or even worse, attack a major population center and have it leaked to the press that Ultron is an AI robot constructed under SHIELD supervision by Hank Pym (if this is the case I expect Pym to kill himself by the end of this arc...not to be morbid, but seriously, the guy's already a wreck). This coupled with the Hulk fiasco would pretty much kill the Ultimates PR wise. Maybe Millar is going out with a bang...an Ultimates Disassembled, if you will. Its possible they might get away scott-free like they did with the Hulk in the first arc (course, the public found out eventually, so...). It seems like the team is always going through roster changes (started with Captain America, Iron Man, Giant-Man, Wasp, and eventually Thor...the Hulk was never really a part of the team), with first people joining (Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch), and then the black ops team joining the public (Hawkeye and Black Widow). Then we had former members get fired/kicked off/imprisoned by the Ultimates (Hulk and Giant-Man)...and now, we have a whole United Nations offering of flag covered spandex wearing Europeans. Who can keep track anymore? Seriously though, I expect Millar to kill off at least one pretty major member of the team, possibly Thor later, or even Hawkeye or Black Widow (especially if she turns out to be the traitor).

Either way, July looks like a good month.

Latest posts

Back