Ultimate solicitations for June, 2005

E

Excelsior Club
Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for June, 2005, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #78, ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #20, ULTIMATE X-MEN #60, ULTIMATE SECRET #3, ULTIMATE MARVEL FLIP BOOKS, ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 1 HC, & ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 3: N-ZONE TPB.

This information, particularly the shipping dates, is subject to change or adjustment. Stay tuned to Ultimate Central for shipping date updates.

ULTSM078.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #78
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
Stand-Alone Story!
In the aftermath of their nasty breakup, Peter and MJ must deal with the difficulties of still being in the same classes with friends who are only too helpful in attempting to heal their friends' wounds. Plus, the introduction of a new character into the Ult. Spideyverse—Mark Raxton—friend or foe?
32 PGS./T+ Suggested for Teens and Up …$2.50

ULTFF020.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #20
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils and Cover by JAE LEE
"THINK TANK" Our special two-part saga continues as the fledgling F.F. find themselves helpless in a Baxter Building gone mad! Has young Reed Richards, the world's smartest man, finally met his match? Part 2 (of 2)

UXM060.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #60
Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
Pencils and Cover by STUART IMMONEN
It's the senses-shattering sixtieth issue! But for the tempestuous and troubled team of Wolverine and Storm, there's no time for celebration! They're about to take on an all-new threat to the Ultimate Universe... Lady Deathstrike! Part 2 (of 2).

ULTIMATE SECRET #3 (of 4)
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils & Cover by STEVE McNIVEN
All technological civilizations within 150 light years of Earth have been destroyed! Nick Fury knows the answer to the threat is aboard the alien Kree vessel orbiting above. But even with the aid of Captain Mahr Vell, wresting that secret from the Kree may be an impossibility. And that means: bye-bye, planet Earth.
32 PGS./T+ Suggested for Teens and Up …$2.99

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 1 HC
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, MARK MILLAR & WARREN ELLIS
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT & STUART IMMONEN
Cover by BRYAN HITCH
This deluxe hardcover collects ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 1: THE FANTASTIC and ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 2: DOOM, plus a hefty helping of DVD-style extras. In THE FANTASTIC, witness the beginnings of the Four - Reed Richards, Johnny Storm, Susan Storm and Ben Grimm - super-hero icons for the new century! When high-school genius Reed enrolls at a secret government-sponsored school for the most gifted minds in the world, he unwittingly embarks on the journey of a lifetime! In DOOM, Reed and his friends must learn to adapt to their amazing new situation. But before they can even begin to get accustomed, former classmate Victor Van Damme - who was transformed by the same experiment as the Fantastic Four - returns to exact his revenge! Collects ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #1-12.
320 PGS./All Ages …$29.99
ISBN: 0-7851-1458-0
TRIM SIZE: OVERSIzED

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 3: N-ZONE TPB
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Cover & pencils by ADAM KUBERT
It's the beginning of the FF's exploration of the mysterious N-Zone! Young Reed Richards wants to duplicate the accident that changed the four into the bizarre beings they've become and thereby reverse the process. But will his noble attempts at redress cause more harm than good? Collects ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #13-18.
144 PGS./All Ages …$12.99
ISBN: 0-7851-1495-5

NEW! MARVEL FLIP BOOKS

ULTIMATE MARVEL #1
ULTIMATE X-MEN #1
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by JOE QUESADA

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #1
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & MARK MILLAR
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by BRYAN HITCH
64 pgs / 3.99

ULTIMATE TALES #1
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #0
(First half of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1
(Second half of ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #1)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils by MARK BAGLEY
Covers by JOE QUESADA
64 pgs / 3.99

No Ultimate Iron Man, and no Ultimates 2. Hmmm...

Frankly after hearing the news of the expanded Iron-Man story I expected a delay, There would need to be rewrites obviously.
As for Ultimates.. Millar said that there were 6 in the bag.. well, that 6 is up now.. back to the old delays. Oh joy, and this is still 3 months away.

Man, and some thought/hoped for Wendigo in UXM. We got Lady Deathstrike instead! That's OK, cuz I just wanna see what's up with that.

BTW, any talk of that, there's a thread for it.

I wonder why no Ultimates 2...hopefully in July. :(

US - I find it funny how they say every technological civilation within 150 light years... I guess if that's the case they could just avoid Galactus by turning off all the lights and sitting there quietly until he passes....

UXM - I'm really disappointed it's not Wendigo. I think it's because I expect some massive characterization between Wolverine and Storm. With Wendigo it could've been a instinctive creature that didn't need much explaining but now we're gonna have to explain Lady DeathStrike in one issue.

Second Post, I think I need to post more often. Anyway, I think the explanation for the Ultimates is that since the 6th issue comes out on the last week of May, the schedule may have hit to where it will come out on the first week of July, I'm sure the same thing has happened with X-men, and I think it may have with Spider-man too before it was moved to 18 issues a year. Moving on, I think Deathstrike is an interesting foe. I also think the 4 arc sounds intriguing. My big question is, and if you've read my one other post this won't be shocking. Who is Mark Raxton(sp)? Is he from the old universe? and if so what is his story.

Mark Raxton is a spidey (ex)villain who is called "Molten Man". In the normal comic universe he's Liz's brother (i think). Anyways his skin is molten metal and he can heat it up. And he's slippery!

Looks like it's pretty sure that the new UFF villain in #20 is going to be Ultimate Mad Thinker.

Nurhachi said:
Mark Raxton is a spidey (ex)villain who is called "Molten Man". In the normal comic universe he's Liz's brother (i think). Anyways his skin is molten metal and he can heat it up. And he's slippery!
To clarify, Mark Raxton/Molten Man is Liz's stepbrother in 616 continuity, adopted by Liz's family and he was also a lab assistant for Spencer Smythe, the creator of the Spider-Slayers and father of Alistair Smythe.

Oh and his molten skin's slipperiness figures into fights with Spider-Man in that Spidey's webbing doesn't stick very well to Mark's skin. He can also project heat through his molten visage, probably because the stuff that made him into his molten form came from some kind of meteor.

I think it's partially my fault that everyone got so fixed on Wendigo. I'm sorry, you guys, that was my initial thought! Lady Deathstrike sounds good to me, though, and it sounds like a candidate for Wolverine's wife, if you ask me. We'll have to see what happens with her when we get to the point in UXM, but I'm interested to see where Vaughan is going to take her.

Also, USM is doing much for me anymore... It's odd; it's my favorite title, don't get me wrong, but it seems less enthusiastic than before, you know? I mean, Bendis is great on the title and all, but maybe we should get some new blood on there to see what they can do. Who knows, maybe that's the one thing that the title needs!

Ultimate Secret sounds good, I guess, however, that solicitation didn't translate "epic" to men, which I thought was what Marvel was trying to get at. We'll have to see, I'm going to reserve my thoughts until it comes out... I'm anticipating good art and a cool cover image, too!

Lastly, FF... Nothing new; I'm geared for what Millar's bringing to the table in July, though!

I think it's a bit odd that wolverine's wife would turn herself into a cyborg just because she hates him. Of course it's possible that they had a relationship (as I already mentioned), though I'm not convinced that it would be the best storytelling device. But, with Logan's and Ororo's possible relationship developing, it may actually be nice to bring in such a character from Logans past, or at least suggest it.

As for Ult Secret not seeming to be the epic expected, this sow burn of events unfolding is preferable to me than all the heroes in the world gathering together in a big hall to discuss battle plans in a homoerotic testosterone fury as we've seen so many times in the past. I'm interested in how the problems facing them would be resolved.

Yeah, FF does sound a little blah, but I always enjoy the issues, so I shouldn't have that opinion really. It's all in the writing.

Ult Spidey def needs new blood.

Guij, what if she turned out to be a mutant with a healing factor that implanted the claws in her fingers to become more of a weapon? I think that if Vaughan can extract the alien out of both Mojo and Longshot, he can certainly take the robot out of Deathstrike, however, this is better fit in another thread...

Well, I'm not asking for all of the heroes to show up in Secret, either, but I do think that, if this is going to be a trilogy, throw more at us all at once and then eventually resolve it in the end... That's how it should work, too. Whether tragedy or triumph by the end of the trilogy, I think there should be a good amount of confusion and cinematic action in the mean time!

few more thoughts...

I don't think she'll be a cyborg in the Ultimate Universe. But seeing how her powers are similar to Wolverine's tell me what you guys think of these two ideas.

1. It's Wolverine's sister (might add a nice twist to the whole plot with Wolverine's past)

2. They call her X-23 at some point and it's actually an ultimization of both characters.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Why wouldn't they give him a sister? This isn't 616 at all.
Well it's like saying why can't they give someone else a sister, or a brother. They haven't changed any family structure, and I, personally, think it should stay that way.

Am I the only one who noticed the flipbooks? WTF?

Latest posts

Back