Ultimate Solicitations for November, 2005

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for November, 2005, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for Ultimates 2 #9, Ultimate Fantastic Four #25, Ultimate Spider-Man #85, Ultimate Spider-Man #86, Marvel Milestones: Ultimate Spider-Man, Ultimate X-Men, Micro Man and Mantor the Magician, Ultimate X-Men #65, Ultimate Marvel Flip Magazine #6, Ultimate Tales Flip Magazine #6, & Ultimate X-Men Vol. 12: Hard Lessons.

Release dates and covers subject to change - stay tuned to Ultimate Central for the latest news and updates.

ULTIMATES 2 #9
Written by Mark Miller, pencils and cover by Bryan Hitch.
"Grand Theft America." With the devastating revelation of the traitor in the Ultimates, the team is reeling in shock! But even that sad situation can't stop wedding bells from ringing for Tony "Iron Man" Stark and Natasha "Black Widow" Romanov. Make sure to bring your invitation‹to action! Part 3 (of 6).
32 pages, $2.99, in stores on Nov. 9.

ULTFF025.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #25
Written by Mark Millar, pencils and cover by Greg Land.
"Tomb Of Namor" Q: Who's buried in Namor's Tomb? A: The Fantastic Four are about to find out! Fathoms beneath the sea, the quartet explores the lost continent of Atlantis‹and find more than they expected! Especially Sue.... Part 2 (of 3).
32 pages, $2.50, in stores on Nov. 30.

ULTSM085.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #85
Written by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils and cover by Mark Bagley.
"Warriors." The Gangwar comes to its shattering conclusion‹this is one ending you don't want to miss! Who lives? Who dies? Who will betray Spider-Man?! And what happens when the spark of romance is rekindled between Spidey and the Black Cat? Let the fur fly! Part 7 (of 7).
32 pages, $2.50, in stores on Nov. 2.

ULTSM086.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #86
Written by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils and cover by Mark Bagley.
"Silver Sable," Part 1 of 5. The head of Roxxon Oil sics the world's greatest mercenary, Silver Sable, on Spider-Man to learn why the webspinner has targeted Roxxon on his nightly patrols. How violently Ms. Sable wants to handle the situation is strictly up to her. Spinning out of the Ultimate Spider-Man video game (written and designed by our longstanding team of Bendis and Bagley!), Ultimate Silver Sable might be the most dangerous foe Spidey has ever faced! Plus‹ Who is Ultimate Omega Red?
32 pages, $2.50, in stores on Nov. 16.

MARVEL MILESTONES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, ULTIMATE X-MEN, MICROMAN & MANTOR THE MAGICIAN
Written by Brian Michael Bendis, Geoff Johns, Harold Delay and Al Gabriele, penciled by Mark Bagley, Aaron Lopresti, Paul Quinn and Al Gabriele, cover by Aaron Lopresti.
From the Mighty Marvel Digital Archives come two rare tales from the early Ultimate Universe! Danny Rand -- the Hero-for-Hire known as Iron Fist -- makes his Ultimate debut in Ultimate Spider-Man #1/2, and Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch come to grips with Magneto's seeming death in the never-before-reprinted Ultimate X-Men #1/2! Plus: Thrill to the Golden Age adventures of Microman and Mantor the Magician from Human Torch #2 (Fall 1940).
48 pages, $3.99, in stores on Nov. 16.

ULTX065.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #65
Written by Brian K. Vaughan, pencils and cover by Stuart Immonen.
"Magnetic North." It's the shocking conclusion to the Ultimate X-Men's biggest adventure. In a story that pits brother against brother, friend against friend, it's Magneto versus the X-Men in final battle--inside the Ultimates headquarters, the Triskelion! Part 5 (of 5).
32 pages, $2.50, in stores on Nov. 23.

ULTIMATE MARVEL FLIP MAGAZINE #6
ULTIMATE X-MEN #6
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by JOE QUESADA
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #6
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS &
MARK MILLAR
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by BRYAN HITCH
64 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP … $3.99
ON-SALE 11/2/05

ULTIMATE TALES FLIP MAGAZINE #6
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #10
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #11
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils by MARK BAGLEY
Covers by JOE QUESADA
64 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP … $3.99
ON-SALE 11/2/05

UXMVOL012.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 12: HARD LESSONS TPB
Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
Penciled by STEVE DILLON, STUART IMMONEN & TOM RANEY
Cover by STUART IMMONEN
Ultimate Wolverine makes his explosive return! Storm travels to the Great White North to find her missing friend, but there's no time for celebration for the tempestuous and troubled duo! They're about to take on an all-new threat to the Ultimate Universe... Lady Deathstrike! Plus: When a dangerous young mutant immune to psychic control takes Charles Xavier and the rest of a Manhattan bank hostage, the Professor must lead a diverse group of humans in a risky bid to end the siege! And finally, witness the return of Ultimate Juggernaut! Juggie makes a play for the Gem of Cyttorak, the jewel that will make him truly unstoppable. Only two small things stand in his way: Rogue of the X-Men and Ultimate Gambit, the new prince and princess of thieves! This story will change the X-Men's status quo forever! Collects ULTIMATE X-MEN #58-60 & ANNUAL #1.
120 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$12.99
ON-SALE 11/16/05

Last edited:
so I guess since Tony and Natasha are still getting married in Ultimates 2 #9, they probably aren't the traitor(s). Seems kind of wierd they'd be getting married at a time like this though. Crazy genius billionaires and their money-grubbing wives are strange.

Namor looks like a cross between a Vulcan and an Indian from "Last of the Mohicans". Dude has great quads though, must do a lot of squats down in his tomb. No big surprise that the 616 Namor/Sue relationship is going to be played up in this one.

The cover to USM #85 isn't anything special. More evidence though that the mystery girlfriend is indeed Black Cat. Anyone want to take wagers on who lives, who dies, and who stabs Spidey in the back? Pretty obvious the hand and tentacle on USM #86 cover is Ultimate Omega Red.

Ultimate X-Men looks ok, not much info we didn't already know in terms of the summary, and the cover is just ok.

And it looks like we can expect both the USM #1/2 and UXM #1/2 issues in the Marvel Milestones issue, which is cool. Not sure I care about Microman and Mantor story though. It'd be pointless for me to get this anyway since I already have the #1/2 issues.

Anyway, looking forward to November.

Last edited:
Ultimates 2: To be honest. . .I have no idea where Ultimates is going to go after the Traitor reveal. I guess Loki's gonna be the main villain (IF he's even real). I'm also kinda hoping for that Asian Ultimates team to fight the US Ultimates. The wedding should be. . .intresting. I wonder if it'll last? Wonder what the cover looks like. . .

Ultimate Spidey #85: I'm pretty damn sure Black Cat is Spidey's new g/f at this point. I guess we'll find out this Wednesday. As far as who dies and who betrays who. . .I'll be PISSED if Bendis kills off Iron Fist or Shang-Chi. They ROCK! Kill off Hammerhead. . .again. Cover is more of the same.

Ultimate Spidey #86: OMEGA RED! WOOOOO! And finally getting into the Roxxon Corp stuff. Wonder where that's gonna go. And whaddya know. . .It ties into the video game! I guess it's DEFINETLY canon now. Not that I mind, the game is gonna be FREAKIN' AWESOME! Although the cover looks like Spidey vs Ultimate Hellboy. . .

Ultimate Fantastic Four #25: Ultimate Namor is SUCH an improvement over 616 Namor. This is my most anticapted arc for FF now. Can't WAIT to see this. I'm even excited about Ultimate Invasion now!

Ultimate X-men #65: To be honest, I'm still unsure how this entire story is gonna play out. We've only seen the first issue of this arc. Lots of mutants is good, but. . .where is it all going? Guess we'll see!

Lynx said:
Ultimates 2: To be honest. . .I have no idea where Ultimates is going to go after the Traitor reveal. I guess Loki's gonna be the main villain (IF he's even real). I'm also kinda hoping for that Asian Ultimates team to fight the US Ultimates. The wedding should be. . .intresting. I wonder if it'll last? Wonder what the cover looks like. . .
"IF" he's even real? Did you not read Ultimates 2 #5? :sure:

icemastertron said:
"IF" he's even real? Did you not read Ultimates 2 #5? :sure:

There's no solid proof.

I'll probably just download the half issues.

ProjectX2 said:
Why?

Damn time limit...
If my scanner was hooked up, I'd show you. But sadly, my dad's been 'busy' to deal with that.

Anyways, as it's been said, from just looking at the solit, it seems that Tony and Natasha will still be wed no matter what. But! What if one of them is the traitor, say Tony, and Natasha still wants to marry him? Or vice versa. Just a thought.

Ultimate FF looks great, sounds great, cant wait to see it read great. Cover looks sweet, too. On another board, someone said "Johnny Leguizamo and Jessica Alba hooked up", lol. It does look like them a bit, too.

USM sounds cool, but I read that in TPB. Until #100, that is.

UXM sounds just so crazy. I bet Magneto still escapes, since we were told he does, and even though this is the last part of the arc, he's still in the Triskelion. Still, can't wait to check out the fight!

icemastertron said:
If my scanner was hooked up, I'd show you. But sadly, my dad's been 'busy' to deal with that.

An explaination would suffice.

ProjectX2 said:
An explaination would suffice.
Well, as Thor is in his cell, all burnt up, "Gunnar" pops in. The same Gunnar that everyone else saw explain to them that "Thor's crazy". Gunnar starts to tell Thor the truth, but he wasnt the one that revealed the truth about banner. It was because there's "a wolf in the fold". Thor starts yelling at him, then suddenly, Gunnar is know a snake on Thor's shoulders. Of course, through all this, Thor called Gunnar Loki, which is who Gunnar really is. Thor yelled for security, but no one saw anyone else besides Thor in the cell.

icemastertron said:
Well, as Thor is in his cell, all burnt up, "Gunnar" pops in. The same Gunnar that everyone else saw explain to them that "Thor's crazy". Gunnar starts to tell Thor the truth, but he wasnt the one that revealed the truth about banner. It was because there's "a wolf in the fold". Thor starts yelling at him, then suddenly, Gunnar is know a snake on Thor's shoulders. Of course, through all this, Thor called Gunnar Loki, which is who Gunnar really is. Thor yelled for security, but no one saw anyone else besides Thor in the cell.

That could still be counted as not solid proof. Kinda like the deal with Sinister and Apocalypse.

ProjectX2 said:
That could still be counted as not solid proof. Kinda like the deal with Sinister and Apocalypse.
Not really. Different situation because we do have proof.

Anyways, back to the Ultimate solits.

DIrishB said:
Except for the fact that the rest of the Ultimates saw him as well while being informed about Thor's origin (which might be a lie) by Gunnar/Loki. So that would make the whole team a bunch of loons.

Which would be cool. :D

The only way I could see it being tony would be if the "action" comment is them running away together.

Ice have you seen issue #8 or something?

Im so geeked out about

a) Ultimate OMEGA RED!!!

b) Traitor revealed!!!

c) Ultimate Namor! I never like the 616 version but the ultimate one just looks awesome!

All sounds pretty interesting, although I'm a bit dubious about Bendis stealing so many X Men characters, what with Omega Red and Deadpool and the Reavers later on..... ah well.

By the way, where are you guys seeing the covers?

Yeah, I'm searching far and wide for these cover images... Where are they? :scared:

The solicitations sound exciting enough, too. Ultimates should prove interesting, UFF is gold as usual, and UXM is going to be the best! Spider-Man, though the Gang War is ending, I am apprehensive about this Omega Red bit. We'll see where it goes but I don't like the fact that Bendis is taking these characters and putting them in USM.

Latest posts

Back