Ultimate Solicitations for October, 2005

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for October, 2005, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for Ultimate Fantastic Four #24, Ultimate Secret #4, Ultimate X-Men #64, Ultimate Spider-Man #84, Ultimate Marvel Flip Magazine #5, Ultimate Flip Tales #5, Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 4, & Ultimate X-Men Vol. 12 .

ULTFF024.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #24
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils and Cover by GREG LAND
"TOMB OF NAMOR" Part 1 (of 3).
The shocking secret of the Storm family is finally revealed! Locked away at the bottom of the ocean for 5,000 years, Namor the Sub-Mariner's Atlantean tomb has been breached and now he's back to rule a planet. This is a Namor you've never seen before with a vastly different agenda. This is Ultimate Namor! Learn about the ties between Atlantis, the Ultimate Inhumans and the super-races who existed before man ruled the Earth. We're building the Ultimate Universe like never before!
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50
Release date: 10/19/05

ULTSEC04.jpg

ULTIMATE SECRET #4 (of 4)
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Penciled by TOM RANEY
Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
While the Kree shock troops send regiment after regiment to strike at the secret S.H.I.E.L.D. facility, Captain Marvel, the Ultimates and the Ultimate Fantastic Four infiltrate the alien mothership to learn who — or what — Gah Lak Tus is! And believe us when we say they get more than they bargained for!
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.99
Release date: 10/26/05

UXM064.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #64
Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
Pencils and Cover by STUART IMMONEN
"MAGNETIC NORTH"
The Ultimates guest-star in the Ultimate X-Men's most earth-shattering adventure! It's all-out war inside the Triskelion, as multiple factions of mutants battle against Captain America and his teammates. At stake—the final fate of the master of magnetism—Magneto! Part 4 (of 5).
Release date: 10/12/05

ULTSM084.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #84
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
"WARRIORS"
The Gangwar comes to a head in Hammerhead's stylish pad as Spidey, Black Cat, Shang-Chi and Iron Fist battle it out with Hammerhead and the Kingpin's assassin Elektra to decide the fate of New York's Underworld. Will all of them survive?
Plus, more of the mysterious Moon Knight. And on whose side does he fight? Part 6 (of 7).
Release date: 10/5/05

ULTIMATE MARVEL FLIP MAGAZINE #5
ULTIMATE X-MEN #5
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by JOE QUESADA
ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #5
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & MARK MILLAR
Pencils by ADAM KUBERT
Cover by BRYAN HITCH
64 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$3.99

ULTIMATE TALES FLIP MAGAZINE #5
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #7
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #8
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils by MARK BAGLEY
Covers by JOE QUESADA
64 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$3.99

ULTFFVOL04.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 4: INHUMAN TPB
Release date: 10/26/05

UXMVOL012.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN VOL. 12 TPB
Release date:

Last edited:
We're in for one hell of a month! Wow, look at these solicitations... The Ultimates seem to be missing in action again, however, UXM is making up for it by opening the flood gates IN the Triskelion! WOW! Also, I'm so ready for this Ultimate Namor Story now... I wish it were longer than three issues, though... WOW! JUST WOW!

These all look exciting, but I was hoping that an Ultimates issue might have grace us with it's presence.

Last edited:
Since Millar said it's ending in February, I guess they made stretched it out to end that way, so they skipped a month.

Yeah, well, that's great and all, but look what's going on in UXM! I read that and I was friggin' blown away... I'm telling you, this is going to be the best story arc in UXM's history if things go as right as I think they are.

Ultimate Fantastic Four is going to PWN everything here. We learn the secrets of the Storm family, Namor, Inhumans and we witness as they tie everything together!

Ultimate Secret sounds cool too.

Okay then.

So, I think Ultimate Secret's got the best. UXM looks cool 'cause it's got Ultimates 2! UFF and USM look bland though.

Is Black Cat and Elektra teaming up against Spidey?

Especially since we now know this must come after Gods and Monsters.

UFF and Secret both have me excited. I've been buying Ult X-Men in trade form both to catch up and to save some money, but I just might have to get this issue. The cover looks great. Secret is my favorite cover of the bunch I think, though. UFF cover has me intrigued, I think Millar is going to do some crazy stuff with Namor.

perception is NOT reality

ProjectX2 said:
Okay then.

So, I think Ultimate Secret's got the best. UXM looks cool 'cause it's got Ultimates 2! UFF and USM look bland though.

Is Black Cat and Elektra teaming up against Spidey?

probably not....but who really knows, black cat is obviously against the kingpin....with elektra for him(or maybe she will finally turn to the side of angels), but by now you should realize that the USM covers usually dont reflect whats in the issue other than the guest character(s).

Looks like UXM's continuity is during Ultimates 2 based on Black Widow being in her new armor. UFF is still debatable since Cap was already wearing his new mask from the start.

Last edited:
Yeah, but it definatly has to come after Gods and Monsters. Otherwise they're going to screw up continuity again.

I rally don't know what marvel is thinking. The X-men cover dosen't have an X-man on it.

Some poor kid is gonna walk into a shop and look at the cover and get so confused because Wolverine isn't on it.

Latest posts

Back