Ultimate Solicitations for September, 2005

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for September, 2005, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for Ultimate Fantastic Four #23, Ultimate Secret #3, Ultimate Iron Man #4, Ultimates 2 #8, Ultimate X-Men #63, Ultimate Spider-Man #82, Ultimate Spider-Man #83, and Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 6 Hardcover.

Release dates and cover images will be added when avaliable.

ULTFF023.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #23
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by Greg Land
"CROSSOVER"
On an world they never thought they'd visit, the fledgling F.F. find themselves hunted by the strangest enemies imaginable. And only one man can offer them salvation—the mutant master of magnetism—Magneto! The story you never thought you'd see comes to its shocking end! Part 3 (of 3)
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.50

ULTIMATE SECRET #3 (of 4)
Written by Warren Ellis
Penciled by Tom Raney
Cover by Steve McNiven
Ten miles above the Earth, an alien race is bent on stopping humanity from escaping the deadly clutches of Gah Lak Tus—the world devourer. But are they ready to face the combined forces of the Ultimates, the Ultimate Fantastic Four, and Captain Mahr Vehl?! Warren Ellis is joined by his former Stormwatch collaborator, Tom Raney, to conclude the second act of the Ultimate Galactus Trilogy
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.99
please note: This is a re-solicitation. All previous orders have been canceled.

ULTIM04.jpg

ULTIMATE IRON MAN #4 (of 5)
Written by Orson Scott Card
Pencils & Cover by Andy Kubert
Science fiction visionary Orson Scott Card (Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead) and superstar artist Andy Kubert (1602, Origin, Ultimate X-Men) continue the origin of Ultimate Iron Man. Tony Stark and Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes have their first adventure! What happens here will change their lives!
32 PGS./PARENTAL ADVISORY …$2.99

ULTS2008.jpg

ULTIMATES 2 #8
Written by MARK MILLAR
Pencils & Cover by Bryan Hitch
"GRAND THEFT AMERICA"
Tony and Natasha are on the eve of their wedding... but when Nick Fury makes his move against the mysterious traitor that's been plaguing the team, the team will never be the same! Also, Captain America and Wasp hit a serious snag in their relationship...is this the end for the Ultimate Universe's hottest couple? But believe us when we tell you that everything turns on its head with this issue! Is this the beginning of the end for the Ultimates? Part 2 (of 6)
32 PGS./PARENTAL ADVISORY …$2.99

UXM063.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN #63
Written by Brian Vaughan
Pencils & Cover by Stuart Immonen
"MAGNETIC NORTH"
It's mutant against mutant—brother against brother—as Cyclops and his X-Men risk their lives to take down the young man known as Havok, who has unwittingly become a pawn in Magneto's deadly game. Plus, an unexpected appearance by another hero from the Ultimate Universe turns the dangerous situation from bad to worse. Part 3 (of 5)

ULTSM082.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #82
Written by Brian Michael Bendis
Pencils & Cover by Mark Bagley
"GANG WAR"
The Gangwar consuming New York gets worse with Wilson Fisk in retreat and an emboldened Hammerhead making the big play for his criminal turf. As for Spider-Man, his attention gets diverted from the street scene because the Black Cat is back—and this time she won't take "no" for an answer! Part 4 (of 7)

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #83
Written by Brian Michael Bendis
Pencils & Cover by Mark Bagley
"GANG WAR"
The Black Cat tries to dissuade Spider-Man from taking down the thuggish criminal Hammerhead. Meanwhile...the beleaguered Kingpin, Wilson Fisk, brings in his favorite assassin to neutralize as many enemies as she can—and Elektra doesn't take prisoners! Part 5 (of 7)

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 6 HC
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by MARK BAGLEY
This deluxe hardcover collects ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 11: CARNAGE and ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN VOL. 12: SUPERSTARS, plus a hefty helping of DVD-style extras! In CARNAGE, one of the most ruthless villains in the history of the Marvel Universe, the fan-favorite Carnage, gets the Ultimate treatment! And though young Peter Parker has proven himself time and time again on the field of battle, can even he hope to defeat this heartless killing machine? In SUPERSTARS, a bizarre occurrence brings Spider-Man and Wolverine together for the weirdest team-up in super-hero history! As the two struggle to get to the bottom of this mystery, their lives literally unravel. Why are both heroes too concerned with their own lives to work together? Strap yourself in, True Believer, it's all part of the ride you get when you buy a ticket for THE TEAM-UP FOR PEOPLE WHO HATE TEAM-UPS! Plus: Johnny Storm realizes that despite his new flame powers and fame on the horizon, he still doesn't have a high-school diploma. And where does the young New Yorker enroll? Why, none other than a certain Queens high school that also counts one Peter Parker – Spider-Man – as a student. Collects ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #60-71.
288 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$29.99
ISBN: 0-7851-1841-1

Last edited:
Ice you're on fire with the news - nice job.

:lol: I thought you came up with that one yourself...

Anyway, I think this month sounds great. Again, I think that X-Men and the Fantastic Four seem to be the best bets, but everything else sounds spectacular. I'm a little bummed about Raney coming on, but I guess we were expecting that with Bendis pulling McNiven off of the title for his New Avengers. I like blaming Bendis for something he probably didn't have a role in. Dammit Bendis! Anyway, Ultimate Spider-Man just seems like a free-for-all, I'm not sure I like that idea but I'm looking forward to more Black Cat.

Gang War is going to be insane. I'm actually looking forward to this.

Ultimate Fantastic Four... I'm intrigued who is the crossover with and what is going to happen?

Ultimate X-Men... more Havok/Cyclops is all I ask for.

The Ultimates... the solicitations for the past few months have said the same thing over and over... I'm sure it'll be good as long as Millar keeps the politics out of it.

I was thinking the same thing about the Ultimates solicitation... I think Millar is playing this traitor up too much. It's a cliched tale to tell in the first place, why harp on it?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Gang War is going to be insane. I'm actually looking forward to this.

So am I. I think it's gonna absolutely deliver. As far as the solicits go, I'm just happy there's one for each issue. Usually they just have the same description for 2/month USM's. Hopefully this will mean we'll get to see 2 covers tomorrow instead of 1. :D

ULTIMATE X-MEN #63
Written by Brian Vaughan
Pencils & Cover by Stuart Immonen
"MAGNETIC NORTH"
It's mutant against mutant—brother against brother—as Cyclops and his X-Men risk their lives to take down the young man known as Havok, who has unwittingly become a pawn in Magneto's deadly game. Plus, an unexpected appearance by another hero from the Ultimate Universe turns the dangerous situation from bad to worse. Part 3 (of 5)
Well, GW called it. Tried to find the post where he said it, but had no luck. GW was right that we were gonna have a cover of Cyclops vs Havok. And we do. It's the cover for this one.

When are you putting the ultimate covers up Ice?

None of them are of their usual standard. UFF is Sue, UXM is Cyclops vs. Havok, USM is Blak Cat, UIM is Tony, US doesn't have a cover yet, and the Ultimates is...

I'll leave you to see.

Last edited:
He'd just paste them in, easy as a jiffy.

Latest posts

Back