Ultimate Solicitations for September, 2006.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for September 2006, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for Ultimate X-Men #74, Ultimate Fantastic Four #34, Ultimate Spider-Man #100, Ultimate Marvel Team-Up Ultimate Collection, Ultimate Iron Man Vol. 1 TPB, Ultimate Marvel Flip Magazine #17, & Ultimate Tales Flip Magazine #17.

Release Dates & Covers are subject to change. Stay tuned to Ultimate Central for updates.

UXM074.jpg

ULTIMATE X-MEN # 74
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Pencils & Cover by TOM RANEY
"MAGICAL"

The X-Men learn once and for all the mystery behind the Magician—and they may not like what they find. The X-Mansion is the stage for the brawl to end them all, with an outcome you will never guess. Plus—hints as to the final fate of Jean Grey, leading up to our monumental 75th issue! Part 3 (of 3)
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99
In Stores: 9/13/06

UFF034.jpg

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR # 34
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils & Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
"GOD WAR"

You've never witnessed anything like the coming of Gallowglass! A crisis of truly cosmic scale reaches earth in the form of this son of a mad tyrant! From a dark, disfigured world he comes—a cosmic assassin crushing anything that stands between him and The Seed—a bizarre and powerful object that just happens to be in the hands of the F.F.'s leader, young Reed Richards. And Gallowglass is getting closer...leaving New York in ruins behind him! Part 2 (of 6)
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99
In Stores: 09/20/06

ULTSM100.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN # 100
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Wraparound Cover by MARK BAGLEY
Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY
"CLONE SAGA"

A true milestone for Peter Parker, Ultimate Spider-Man and the Ultimate line—our double-sized 100th issue celebration! Chock full of secrets that date back to the book's beginning—finally, chillingly revealed! And there are three—count 'em three—mind-staggering shock endings. It's the Spider-Man event of the year with an exclusive look back at the series with Brian Micheal Bendis and Mark Bagley.
64 PGS./Rated A ...$3.99

ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP ULTIMATE COLLECTION TPB
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Penciled by MATT WAGNER, PHIL HESTER, MIKE ALLRED, BILL SIENKIEWICZ, JOHN TOTLEBEN, CHYNNA CLUGSTON-MAJOR, JIM MAHFOOD,TED MCKEEVER, TERRY MOORE, DAVID MACK & RICK MAYS
New Cover by LEINIL YU

Collecting all 16 issues of Ultimate Marvel Team-Up, plus the star-studded Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special! Teenager Peter Parker may just have started out in the crime-fighting game, but there are plenty of heroes and villains already doing their thing. And it doesn't take long for Spider-Man to encounter these strange new allies and enemies – including Wolverine, the Hulk, Iron Man, the Punisher, Daredevil, the Fantastic Four, the Man-Thing, the X-Men, Doctor Strange, the Black Widow, Shang-Chi and more! Take a wild tour through the ever-exciting Ultimate universe, as Eisner Award-winning writer Brian Michael Bendis teams up with the comic industry's greatest artistic talents! Through the eyes of Peter Parker, Ultimate Marvel Team-Up showcases all the Ultimate heroes. From uncanny mutants to gleaming Avengers to rampaging green brutes, this volume has it all! Collects ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #1-16 and THE ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL.
448 PGS./Rated A ...$29.99
In Stores: 09/06/06

ULTIMATE IRON MAN VOL. 1
Written by ORSON SCOTT CARD
Penciled by ANDY KUBERT & MARK BAGLEY
Cover by ANDY KUBERT

The most imaginative, groundbreaking comic of 2005! International bestseller, four-time Hugo award, two-time Nebula award and World Fantasy Award winner Orson Scott Card (author of Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Shadow Puppets) comes to the Ultimate Universe. He's joined by industry legend Andy Kubert (ULTIMATE X-MEN, MARVEL 1602 and WOLVERINE: ORIGIN) to show shocking beginning of Ultimate Iron Man! If you thought THE ULTIMATES told you everything you needed to know about Ultimate Iron Man, think again! Collects ULTIMATE IRON MAN #1-5.
136 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$14.99
In Stores: 9/27/06

ULTIMATE MARVEL FLIP MAGAZINE # 17
The Story: ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #17
ULTIMATE X- MEN #17
ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #3 (PART 3)
72 PGS./Rated T+ ...$4.99
In Stores:09/20/06

ULTIMATE TALES FLIP MAGAZINE # 17
The Story: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #32-33
ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP #4 (PART 1)
72 PGS./Rated A ...$4.99
In Stores: 09/20/06

Last edited:
Woah. I haven't seen cover images yet, but I'm looking forward to September to say the least.

Thanks Ice! :)

Everything sounds like it is going to be entertaining - even Ultimate X-Men. Nice. Still can't wait for the Clone Saga to pick up in Ultimate Spider-Man (Morbius is out of place and annoying at this point). The UFF sounds interesting, although I know nothing about the Seed of Gallowglass.

Ice said:
leading up to our monumental 75th issue!

Sorry Marvel, 75 isn't monumental.

ETA: Thanks to Ice for getting these up - I should have images up soon.

Finally the Magician plot will end. I think some people will leave the team at the end of this arc.

Ice said:
ULTIMATE IRON MAN VOL. 1
Cover by ANDY KUBERT

The most imaginative, groundbreaking comic of 2005! International bestseller, four-time Hugo award, two-time Nebula award and World Fantasy Award winner Orson Scott Card (author of Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Shadow Puppets) comes to the Ultimate Universe. He's joined by industry legend Andy Kubert (ULTIMATE X-MEN, MARVEL 1602 and WOLVERINE: ORIGIN) to show shocking beginning of Ultimate Iron Man! If you thought THE ULTIMATES told you everything you needed to know about Ultimate Iron Man, think again! Collects ULTIMATE IRON MAN #1-5.

I have highlighted the problems with this solicitation..... Do we really need to know all that about Ultimate Iron Man? Imaginative? Yes...if crack is a habit you enjoy partaking of while writing....

Other than that, I'll be getting UXM, UFF and USM....

Ice said:
ULTIMATE IRON MAN VOL. 1
Cover by ANDY KUBERT

Is this the TPB or another HC?

Ice said:
For that price, it's more than likely the TPB.

That's what I'm hoping. I'll get it for completist sakes and then I just have to find that TPB with Owl and Woody..........then my UU collection will be complete.

Not as big a month as August, and nothing too shocking or motivating to buy all the issues, but being my completist self I'll pick up UXM, UFF, and USM (looking forward to the 100th issue...nice that it'll be double-sized for only a buck more).

Ice said:
I know that. TPB's are always cheaper.

Yeah, and you bought the HC. That's why it's cheaper than yours.

ultimatedjf said:
Sorry, didn't know you knew, cuz you replyed to TGO's post where he said it was a HC but didn't correct him.
Haha, yeah. I was just focusing about the price. I mean, I'd love to rather pay $30 than $40, and use the $10 to get at least 3 comics.

They're still bastards.

Latest posts

Back