Ultimate solictations for November, 2006

the watcher

Official solicitations from Marvel for all Ultimate-related books on sale for October 2006, including creative team info, plot summaries, and pricing/UPC info for ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #36, ULTIMATE POWER #2, ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #102, ULTIMATE VISION #0, & ULTIMATE X-MEN #76.

Release dates & covers are subject to change and will be added as soon as possible. Stay tuned to Ultimate Central for updates.

ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR #36
Written by MIKE CAREY
Pencils & Cover by PASQUAL FERRY
"GOD WAR"

Stranded in another dimension, the F.F. find themselves hunted by the warriors from the dread world of Acheron...and its ruler, Thanos, won't rest until he possesses the one weapon which will give him dominion over the entire cosmos—the mind of young Reed Richards! It's an ultimate shocker! Part 4 (of 6)
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

ULTIMATE POWER #2 (of 9)
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by GREG LAND

The Squadron Supreme has invaded the Ultimate Universe seeking revenge, and Earth strikes back with its biggest guns! It's the smackdown of the year as the Squadron Supreme go toe-to-toe with the Ultimates, Ultimate Fantastic Four, Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Spidey himself. And neither world will survive unscathed. You cannot miss it!
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #102
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
"CLONE SAGA"

The revelations continue as we learn the secrets of Ben Reilly! Peter Parker tries his best to evade capture by Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D., plus—the transformation of Mary Jane Watson—into what?! And just for good measure—the scarlet sicko, Carnage, goes on the rampage! Part 5 (of 7)
32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

ULTIMATE VISION #0
Written by MARK MILLAR
Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR.
Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
"VISIONS"

Learn the origin of the space-faring robot known as the Vision—and get ready for next month's debut of her all-new limited series! Join Ultimates 2 and Civil War writer Mark Millar and The Eternals' John Romita Jr. in this special edition that collects all six backup stories from the pages of the Ultimate comics. Delve into the motivation and mission of this most fascinating new Ultimate character!
Note: Includes all new coloring for the first two chapters!

ULTIMATE X-MEN #76
Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
Pencils and Cover by BEN OLIVER
"CABLE"

It's a battle royale between the X-Men and this bizarre visitor from the future—Ultimate Cable, whose secrets will shake the house that Xavier built to its very core. But that's not all—there's also the sudden arrival of another time traveler—Ultimate Bishop, who's been on the trail of Cable for a reason that will blow you away! We kid you not. Part 2 (of 4).

Last edited:
Re: Ultimate Solictation for November

I can't wait to see how Kirkman handles Cable/Bishop. USM doesn't sound too bad, either.
Ultimate Power/UFF look alright, and I don't think I'll pick up Ultimate Vision.

UFF- I said after Miller left so would i but i will buy this arc and see what i think

USM- I am absolutly excited 4 this, highlight of my comic buying

USS - Im not sure im still debating looks good tho

UV - I bout all the books with the backstories so i wont be buying this, but i will buy the mini series.

UXM - Looks good but ill probably just read it in the store

"These Ultimate Vision back-ups will not be collected again!"

Looks like they have been.

Ultimate Bishop has already been introduced... is this going to create another continuity error?

Spider-Man's being hunted by SHIELD. Yawn.

Ultimate Power doesn't look like anything special.

Not really interested in Carey's UFF, but I'll see what happens.

ProjectX2 said:
Ultimate Bishop has already been introduced... is this going to create another continuity error?
In defense of that, a mutant named Bishop has been refered to, but thats about it. He hasn't become a proper character yet.

Baxter said:
In defense of that, a mutant named Bishop has been refered to, but thats about it. He hasn't become a proper character yet.

Also, future Bishop could be the same person as the Bishop that was mentioned in Bendis' run.

Anyways. . .

UFF - I'm really looking foward to this. It looks really good. Love the art, too.

USM - The Clone Saga has, so far, been quite good and I hope that trend continues. This issue looks quite good as well.

UP - Could be good, or it could suck. We'll see.

UV - Wow. . .who didn't see this comming? I'll probably wait for the trade.

UXM - Bishop, huh? I guess it was inevitble. I'm willing to give Kirkman the benefit of the doubt and say I'm cautiously optimistic about this. We'll see how it goes.

And, again, no Ultimates. *sigh*

I'm willing to forgive Kirkman for the Ultimate Bishop mess... Bendis threw Bishop into the mix for virtually no more reason than to get a rise out of people. That's not how we should be treating characters, really. So, if Kirkman's got a better idea than that... I say let him at it. :)

Did anyone else notice the UFF have new costumes? Pretty cool.

USM should be interesting... I don't know whether to say that sounds good or bad.

Goodwill said:
I'm willing to forgive Kirkman for the Ultimate Bishop mess... Bendis threw Bishop into the mix for virtually no more reason than to get a rise out of people. That's not how we should be treating characters, really. So, if Kirkman's got a better idea than that... I say let him at it. :)

Did anyone else notice the UFF have new costumes? Pretty cool.

USM should be interesting... I don't know whether to say that sounds good or bad.

Yeah, it looks like Reed has a utility belt. But, they are traveling in an alternate universe, so its probably a good idea.

As for USM. . .the current arc feels more like the original few arcs. There's just something about it with all the genetic stuff that really makes it feel like the arcs up until Venom. I'm hoping that Bendis really was jsut wasting time until he could bring us the Clone Saga so we'll start to see some good stories again.

Last edited:

I'm getting everything except for Ultimate Vision #0. When it comes out, I'll just reread the 6 four-paged stories.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #36 - Yawn...

Ultimate Power #2 - Why is this still coming out?

Ultimate Spider-Man #102 - MJ turns into... WTF!!!!? :furious:

Ultimate Vision #0 - Vision's still a chick. But if this collects what we saw in the Ultimate titles earlier than I'm all for it because it was a good story.

Ultimate X-Men #76 - Finally something that sounds actually good. But why the hell are you ****ing with Bishop when he was introduced already. I just hope they tie him in with the young guy from New Mutants. It wouldn't be hard to do. But UXM I think will be the best and possibly only satisfying Ultimate Read this month.

November 2006: The worst Ultimate Month ever.

Ultimate Fantastic Four #36 - I like the art. I really do. But I'm still undecided on whether or not to be excited about Carey. I read the annual.....not really impressed.

Ultimate Power #2 - I'll check it out but since I don't follow the Supremverse, I can't be too excited.

Ultimate Spider-Man #102 - MJ changing into something??? WTF??? Bendis/Bagley make me wanna throw up all over my keyboard. I'm so bored with them. If the book hasn't jumped the shark already....it's about to.

Ultimate Vision #0 - Meh......

Ultimate X-Men #76 - More Kirkman means I even though I this hasn't come out yet....I can already give it 2 thumbs down.

The UU is getting old........real quick. The only 2 viable titles at the moment are Ultimates and UFF...............and even UFF is changing teams now so who knows. Thank God I discovered Vertigo and Wildstorm.

so no ultimates 2 #13 again huh?
So this means that if U 2 #13 is not in december solicts we can stand on line at the next wizard world chicago and punch millar in the stomach.

Vertigo is the greatest comic publisher ever.

It all sounds good to me. Expect the MJ thing...

Kirkman said on his site that Bishop is the Bishop ex-criminal from New Mutants. It'll tie in.

UU is still...ok.

UFF is changing teams and I'm willing to follow it and see if the new team can live up to Millar/Land's run.

Ultimates 3...that I can't be too happy with. Loeb and Mad...with that cover of Panther punching Venom...it's like I woke up and Image was back on top of the world and it was the 90s. I'm not liking it, but I haven't read it yet...so I'll wait and judge later.

Ultimate X-Men, I'll give Kirkman this one last arc to prove something to me. He might kick *** now that Magician's gone.

USM I stopped reading that after DeadPool. Heard I didn't miss much in Morbeus and Clone Saga might turn MJ into a superhero. I said it early and you people jumped my case. Bendis just might do it.

thee great one said:
Vertigo is the greatest comic publisher ever.

It all sounds good to me. Expect the MJ thing...

Agreed on both accounts.

Hmmmm....nothing really impressive.

EDIT: By the way, is Ultimate X-Men #76 confirmed for November (meaning no delays)? I ask because I noticed it isn't listed on Marvel's website for that month, or any other at this time. Could just be a mistake. Just wondering.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
Hmmmm....nothing really impressive.

EDIT: By the way, is Ultimate X-Men #76 confirmed for November (meaning no delays)? I ask because I noticed it isn't listed on Marvel's website for that month, or any other at this time. Could just be a mistake. Just wondering.
good question #75 is lso not mentioned in the website

UFF- i'm giving carey the benifite of the doubt right now seeing as we have not read any of his run now the story sounds cool

UXM- cable AND bishop now? i'm interested

USM- i am definitly buying it the clone saga has been amazing

UV- i'll buy it so the ultimate vision stuff will fit in better with the timeline (i've got my books im the tpb timeline by vintsukka)

UP- i'm gonna buy this series and if it's good i might start picking up squadron supreme

Latest posts

Back