Ultimate Spider-Friends?

Yeah but Goodwill, Bendis himself said that we would see his version of the Spider-Friends when asked in a interview. What more evidence do you need?

Well, I know, but J backed his opinion with fact that Bendis will lie to get fans to hush... I think that he is telling the truth, but I tried to be on the fence in the argument so it didn't look like I chose any side.

Bludd, now there's soemthing semi-new. His version, or the original Spider-Friends? Because those two can be drastically different things.

J, I'm aware of this. I wasn't thinking that we're going to see Spider-Man become leader of The Spider-Friends in the pages of Ultimate, but probably just a nod to the original. Possibly another short 2-part arc down the line where Spider-Man and Iceman meet Firestar and end up working together. Firestar could even be a villain who both Spidey and Iceman attempt to apprehend, but then all team up against a greater threat. Hell, it could be a single page in a single issue wher Spidey and Iceman are talking to Firestar's alias (which I am blissfully unaware of), seeing as she may not even be super-powered in Ultimate, and the scene would undoubtably be filled with loads of remarks and gags pointed at the Spider-Friends show. This is the kind of thing they do in Ultimate, afterall.

Yup... Which icemastertron was trying to convey in opening up the conversation! :)

I really feel that it would be cool to see them both be individuals, but are following this one villain... They meet up with one another, not knowing that they are all after this one person and it would cool to see the instant team dynamic.

See now that sounds like a good idea Goodwill. And Bludd Rush, that sounds good as well. It would be good to see how Bendis would portray them in the Ultimate verse.

Correct... And this would be a story, theoretically, that Bendis could have something like a team configured in less than 6 issues. That would be quite a step for BMB! :)

Latest posts

Back