Ultimate Spider-Man #100 alternate Sketch Covers

the watcher

Over at Newsarama.com they have posted a statement that mavel has made 100 alternate covers to Ultimate Spider-Man #100. Take a look at 7 of them here.

MattWagner.jpg

The artist inclued: Chris Bachalo, Joe Benitez, Mike Deodato, Derec Donovan, Dick Giordano, Staz Johnson, Leonard Kirk, Ed McGuinness, Luke Ross, Joe and Tim Vigil, Billy Tan, Sergio Aragones, Jim Hanna, Andy Kuhn, Tim Seeley, Alex Saviuk, Mike Wieringo, Marie Severin, Jim Starlin, Mike Vosburg, Alan Davis, Kyle Baker, Joe Bennett, Ron Frenz, Ron Garney, Michael Golden, Fred Hembeck, Scott Kolins, Larry Lieber, Joseph Michael Linsner, John McCrea, Al Milgrom, James Owen, Joe Quesada, Frank Quitely, John Romita Sr., Arthur Suydam, Jim Valentino, Alan Weiss, & Mark Buckingham

Last edited by a moderator:
This is so dumb.

Why does everyone on Newsarama seem to think that this is awesome? What, are they all retarded or something? (rhetorical question, don't answer it)

The entire comicbook community is pissing me off as of late.

This is so stupid, I can't even think of something sarcastic to say about it. It's so stupid it makes my teeth hurt. I pity the fools who buy those.

So. Stupid.

This is so dumb.

Why does everyone on Newsarama seem to think that this is awesome? What, are they all retarded or something? (rhetorical question, don't answer it)

The entire comicbook community is pissing me off as of late.

It maybe dumb and stupid, But, I still kind of like to see all the art work that comes from this.

Ignore my previous statement. I just clicked on the link and it's a fundraiser to help artists in need organized by a non-profit organization. It's still over the top, but it's not a greedy promotional scam, so it doesn't bother me. So ignore my previous comment.

Ignore my previous statement. I just clicked on the link and it's a fundraiser to help artists in need organized by a non-profit organization. It's still over the top, but it's not a greedy promotional scam, so it doesn't bother me. So ignore my previous comment.

Meh. I guess that you're right.

But I'm still not buying any of these.

I like how all of the covers are better than the original and Bagley's variants.

It's 'cause they're making him look too adult in proportions. He's filled out. I think Bagley draws the bodies of his people in cartoonish or manga-esque proportions, which is kind of weird and super-skinny and is another thing I don't like about him, but it works well for scrawny teenage Spider-Man.

Those just make me realize how I don't want Bagley ever off the title. All of those covers just give me a "616" feel. I know Bagley sometimes is a bit off but those others just don't feel right.

I thought that Brooks did a good job with the Annuals. It still had the "Ultimate Feel", or at least, I thought so.

Honestly, I'm really tired of Bagley's anime-esk cartooney art. It's been on the decline for awhile now.

Frank Cho's cover is at the bottom of the link; obviously, it features a naked woman. :rolls eyes:

This news is cool, but at the same time, utterly hilarious. I remember when they announced the #104 variants and everyone here was just "Enough with the ****in' variants already!", and now they go and announce A HUNDRED MORE. :lol:

My problem with Bagley is that he's not fresh anymore. He's been drawing the same character for over a hundred issues, and nobody should be allowed to do that these days. He needs to do something new, with a completely different look.

Latest posts

Back