Ultimate Spider-Man #107 Discussion (spoilers)

Aside from the obvious thought that Moon Knight is gonna be Ronin, I have another theory.

Jessica Jones sees Peter get sad and depressed at the sight if Kitty and the mention of Spider-Man.

After putting two and two together, she comes up with a plan to prove that Peter's Spidey.

(a) Jones knows some form of martial arts, and dons the Ronin mask. then she attacks Peter'/Spidey at school.

(b) Jones hires someone, Ronin, to trash the school, looking for Spider-Man. Jessica will folow Peter, and catch him changing on film.

That would would make for an intresting story.... But your forgetting One little thing... Bendis is still wrighting Ultimate Spider-Man. For something like that to happen, Bendis would have to come here and steal your Ideal...

That would would make for an intresting story.... But your forgetting One little thing... Bendis is still wrighting Ultimate Spider-Man. For something like that to happen, Bendis would have to come here and steal your Ideal...

Or, I could got to the man's house, kidnap him, call Marvel, have a one month delay so I can fix 108 and the rest of the arc, and then get hired to become USM's writer.

Or Bendis can steal my idea and claim it as his, which I wouldn't mind, because it'd be loads better then his.

But this is Bendis, so fat chance he'd step down from his throne.

Not too bad.

Finally got to read the issue today.

Bendis seems to be returning to his roots... Writing the high school high jinx and the crime thrillers pretty well. I don't think this is an exception... Yet. Time will tell.

I'm interested in knowing the resentment Dr. Strange has towards Kingpin. He seems out of place, but, then again, a cool addition to the Warriors.

And Ironfist the sell-out? Could be interesting...

Also, does anyone think the fact that Jessica Jones took a picture on her phone significant? Could she be Ronin?

Okay I read it a few days ago and finally got on here to discuss. I like the issue, it was okay but some things didnt work for me. I dont like Kitty at the school cause as I said Peter really needs to get and actually life around him, though I do like how it wasnt Kitty's choice to go to that school. Really, Bendis has to focus on a real life aspect for Peter the book just feels stupid without it. Introduce new characters to Peter's school life, revive some old ones (NOT LITERALLY, I'm looking at you gwen-carnage). Another thing, why the **** is Dr. Strange is here? He has nothing to do with the Kingpin or crime fighting, Bendis did a great job setting him up in the Nightmare arc, but putting him a street fighting scene is just so out of place and completely unnessecary. And now Daredevil, What the ****? He has been trying to convince Punisher not to kill and tried to stop him what for? Why did he change his mind so much. Bendis better explain it or he'll ruin another character.

The Punisher slaughters people because he can. I do believe that Daredevil is justified in wanting to assassinate the Kingpin. According to what we've read, the Kingpin has costed DD a lot. Now, retribution is in effect. I think it's fine.

I do agree, though, about Dr. Strange. There needs to be a bit more explanation as to why he's there... Bendis could make a nice tie and say that Strange resents him for losing the Tablet, which was a very powerful spell that his father once had.

Anybody think it's way too soon to be Ultimizing Ronin and Jessica Jones? After all, Ronin's, what, two years old, if that, with Jessica a few years older? We've barely had enough time to get to know them in 616 to learn new versions of them. We have 66 years of history to go into, Bendis. Stop pushing your **** creations that failed on us. (Except Jessica, she didn't fail so much.)

Anybody think it's way too soon to be Ultimizing Ronin and Jessica Jones? After all, Ronin's, what, two years old, if that, with Jessica a few years older? We've barely had enough time to get to know them in 616 to learn new versions of them. We have 66 years of history to go into, Bendis. Stop pushing your **** creations that failed on us. (Except Jessica, she didn't fail so much.)

You should've been here a couple months ago when we had, like, four threads about this.

Ultimate Ronin has its defenders, mysetriously, but I'm not one of them.

Well, it's too soon to really make judgement on either character, really. Jessica Jones was only a quicky reference and we haven't seen Ronin or who he/she is... Maybe it COULD work.

Just got this last night.

At first I wasn't too sure about Kitty going to the same school as Peter, and it was a little annoying this issue, but it opens up story possibilities. The drama between Kitty and Pete was realistic and I understood where both of them were coming from. The meeting of the Knights was cool, I kinda expected Spidey would react the way he did with the whole killing the Kingpin thing. Bagley did a good job drawing the Knights and Spidey, especialy DD. Dialog between them was great and pretty funny too. The last page was sweet, Bags drew an awesome pose for Kingpin.

Not sure:
Jessica Jones? Why?
Iron fist selling out was strange. Why did he do it? He says he doesn't want to go back to prison so why not just take of the costume, stay home and keep away from all the vigilate stuff. Maybe he was sent in to infiltrate the Kingpins operation instead of Moonknight and is just fakin' it to get on his good side?

Dislikes:
Bagley did a bad job drawing Peter and just about everyone in Midtown High. Skinny Kong looks funny.

The Punisher slaughters people because he can. I do believe that Daredevil is justified in wanting to assassinate the Kingpin. According to what we've read, the Kingpin has costed DD a lot. Now, retribution is in effect. I think it's fine.

I do agree, though, about Dr. Strange. There needs to be a bit more explanation as to why he's there... Bendis could make a nice tie and say that Strange resents him for losing the Tablet, which was a very powerful spell that his father once had.

Interesting point about DD and Punisher, but I did want to ask: I know next to nothing about Daredevil (I'm pretty new to comics, if you didn't catch that from my terrible misinformed posts :p) and I didn't see the movie, but I did see some clips a while ago. In one of these I remember DD choking a guy with his stick thingamajig and then throwing him in front of an oncoming train. Was there a reason why he was killing this particular guy, or did the movie get his character wrong? Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm just confused.

Also, I caught a few episodes of Spider-Man TAS awhile back, and I remember a storyline about a tablet that could make you younger. Is this in anyway connected to the tablet Kingpin wants in USM? I tried looking it up, but couldn't find much on it. Just wondering if the "Tablet of Time" was from the comics, or just made up for the series.

Bendis seems to be returning to his roots... Writing the high school high jinx and the crime thrillers pretty well. I don't think this is an exception... Yet. Time will tell.

Exactly what I was thinking. I haven't read much of Bendis outside of USM, (did read HoM, which I didn't like, but that's a discussion for another thread,) but the type of story Ultimate Knights is seems more on track with what he's good at writing then the storylines of late.

So, while I'm still not sure if this will turn out any good, it does look promising for that reason :)

Also, I caught a few episodes of Spider-Man TAS awhile back, and I remember a storyline about a tablet that could make you younger. Is this in anyway connected to the tablet Kingpin wants in USM? I tried looking it up, but couldn't find much on it. Just wondering if the "Tablet of Time" was from the comics, or just made up for the series.

I believe the tablet will somehow help cure his wife, who's in a coma. I'm pretty sure it was "inspired" by the tablet storyline you're referring to, which originally appeared in Amazing Spider-Man around number 60 or 70. It was originally about Silvermane wanting the tablet to get younger. It's pretty good. A really long saga for that day and age it lasted about six or seven issues and featured the first appearance of the Shocker.

Interesting point about DD and Punisher, but I did want to ask: I know next to nothing about Daredevil (I'm pretty new to comics, if you didn't catch that from my terrible misinformed posts :p) and I didn't see the movie, but I did see some clips a while ago. In one of these I remember DD choking a guy with his stick thingamajig and then throwing him in front of an oncoming train. Was there a reason why he was killing this particular guy, or did the movie get his character wrong? Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm just confused.

Well in the UU so far he's been all about not killing people, kept trying ro stop the Punisher for going on his crusade, and to follow the law

I believe the tablet will somehow help cure his wife, who's in a coma. I'm pretty sure it was "inspired" by the tablet storyline you're referring to, which originally appeared in Amazing Spider-Man around number 60 or 70. It was originally about Silvermane wanting the tablet to get younger. It's pretty good. A really long saga for that day and age it lasted about six or seven issues and featured the first appearance of the Shocker.

Very interesting, I'll have to look that up, thanks! :D

Well in the UU so far he's been all about not killing people, kept trying ro stop the Punisher for going on his crusade, and to follow the law

Yeah, I know almost everything about the UU, I'm just wondering if it's the same in 616, and if so, what was going on in the movie.

Yeah, I know almost everything about the UU, I'm just wondering if it's the same in 616, and if so, what was going on in the movie.
The movie got it wrong. It's probably the biggest complaint fans had.

Now... I also love people's criticisms of Jessica Jones. "Why?" There's clearly a plot evolving here of an intuitive student. It's not pointless. It's not a bad ultimization. If anything it's almost a bit redundant because this was originally a storyline that could've been pushed forward by Kong.

The movie got it wrong. It's probably the biggest complaint fans had.

Now... I also love people's criticisms of Jessica Jones. "Why?" There's clearly a plot evolving here of an intuitive student. It's not pointless. It's not a bad ultimization. If anything it's almost a bit redundant because this was originally a storyline that could've been pushed forward by Kong.

I don't think anyone was complaining about how Jessica Jones was Ultimized though. Just that she was being Ultimized too soon.

I don't think anyone was complaining about how Jessica Jones was Ultimized though. Just that she was being Ultimized too soon.

Personally I asked why not because it's too soon or how she was ultimized, but because I fear Bendis will just forget about her as he's done with other characters. I'm just kinda tired of having characters brought into the universe for an issue and then they're gone, killed, or taken into custody and never heard from again.

If there is a plotline involving her I would be cool with that, but tossing her in the middle of the "Kitty goes to Midtown" drama seems like too much. It felt like she wasn't adding anything other than being an annoying reporter girl who took too many pictures. Introducing her in a different way would have been better, for me at least.

I'm still not sure about Jessica and I still ask why? Hopefully the next few issues will explain.

Latest posts

Back