Ultimate Spider-Man #108 discussion (spoilers)

Re: USM 108 discussion (spoilers)

I thought the issue was a step up.

However. Ronin = Moon Knight is still very lame. I looked at the last page before I read through the issue and I got the idea that Ronin was someone else but everyone though Moon Knight was in it and that this Ronin ended up killing Spector. Which would've been awesome.

Instead we get the mind thing again...

3.5/5

You know, the fact that there was no Iron Fist development really bugs me. Let alone any other Knights but Ronin.

Also, the fact that I didn't even think about it until now just shows what bad storytelling it was not to include them. You can't just let people forget main plot points like that. After a month people need refreshers sometimes. It's not nlike one less page of Moon Knight talking to himself or Ronin at the school, or Mary Jane's report would have hurt anything.

You know, the fact that there was no Iron Fist development really bugs me. Let alone any other Knights but Ronin.

Also, the fact that I didn't even think about it until now just shows what bad storytelling it was not to include them. You can't just let people forget main plot points like that. After a month people need refreshers sometimes. It's not nlike one less page of Moon Knight talking to himself or Ronin at the school, or Mary Jane's report would have hurt anything.

It will read better in trade.

I really liked this issue. It's the best one for a while and it had nice form to it. Kingpin says get spiderman, MK does with a bit of internal struggle. I like the whole mind thing I think it's a bit new and refreshing..art does confuse people..but there was a lot of pace and it flowed well. I read the whole thing in like 10 mins

It was quite funny and also sadly accurate. Especially about Bagley's women.

I desperately wanna like this title. I do. But I just can't. Not like this.

Here's what I think is happening:

Bendis, being the great creative writer we know he can be when he tries, is sitting around the house on Sunday evening watch Family Guy like any other normal person. Then the phone rings. His wife answers and on the other end it's Joe Q.

Joe Q: Hey---Brenda. It's Joe.
Brenda: Hi, Joe. How's Phylllis?
Joe Q: She's doing fine. She just got back from her mom's and is helping me pack for some random con. I forget which one. Is Bri there?
Brenda: Yeah. He's in the other room. Hold on. BRIAN! PICK UP THE PHONE! IT'S JOE!
Bendis: OK! I GOT IT!
Joe Q: Hey Bri. Sup dude?
Bendis: Nothin'. Just chillin'. Sippin' a Bud.
Joe Q: Yeah? Are you all "WHAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZUUU----!?!?".
Bendis: Yeah...don't do that. So whassup?
Joe Q: Yeah...sorry about that. Anyways...I was just calling all the writers we have and giving you guys a reminder that your issue scripts are due on my desk tomorrow at 9am. Really looking forward to your next New Avengers. How USM going? What happens next?
Bendis: Oy!
Joe Q: Forgot again didn't you?
Bendis: Yeah. 9am right?
Joe Q: Yep. I like ya Bri....I do. But that's one of our premiere books. We can't have delays. me and you go back. Don't make put on the boss hat.
Bendis: Pfffft. Cool your knish Joey. You're talking to The Kid here. I got your back. Remember that one weekend me and you went to Cabo and---?
Joe Q: Yeah yeah yeah....I remember. No need to talk about that again.
Bendis: You miss him don'tcha?
Joe Q: Sometimes. But that's the past. Let's keep it there.
Bendis: You're right. My bad. But still----we're talking about The Kid here! When have I ever let you down?
Joe Q: Well did you actually proofread Mighty Avengers#1? Thought bubbles Bri?
Bendis: It's cool. I'm bringing it back. It'll be so fetch.
Joe Q: Anyways...I'm just saying....
Bendis: No no. It's cool. I got you bro. CYA right?
Joe Q: Yeah...basically.
Bendis: And you've done that. 9am. The Kid doesn't fail. Remember the last time I forgot? I had just come off that hard drinking binge because everyone was all on Millars' junk because Civil War was soooooooo damn popular and he'd just finished Ultimates? 2 issues a year and all of a sudden he's Super Terrific Comic God Man? I WROTE ALIAS!
Joe Q: I know. I know. Look....don't go all falling apart on me. I was just calling you to remind you---
Bendis: Yeah. I know. 9am. But it was like I was saying. he Kid. Remember the last time? The drinking binge? I showed up at early at 7am and handed you my stuff. You said I forgot USM. Did I or did I not show up in your office 45 minutes later with The Clone Saga?
Joe Q: Yeah...you did. All seven issues.
Bendis: YOU ****ING RIGHT BIG DADDY! ALL 7 ISSUES! I'd like to see Millar top that.
Joe Q: Ok...calm down. Just remember....9am.
Bendis: You're talking to The Kid. Who's doing the art?
Joe Q: Bagley.
Bendis: ****! Are you serious? Again? He's still alive?
Joe Q: Yep.
Bendis: Oy vey!!! What a pain in my touchas. Did you see his past few issues? I couldn't tell if I was looking at Sue Storm, Gwen Stacy or Kitty standing under a bright spotlight.
Joe Q: 9am Bri.
Bendis: I got you. Look....lemme go and write you another "gold standard".
Joe Q: Aight....bring me the magic. Peace out BOOOOOYYYYEEEEEE!!!!
Bendis: Yeah....don't do that.

I award you Post of the Day.

Im still confused on what his little gir personality is suposed to be.

was there a time he thought he was a pretty girl?

This reminds me of Red vs Blue where Caboose imagine the guy with pink armor as a girl in his mind. She asks for a tampon. it was funny :roll:

I found that rather confusing as well. I mean, I've heard of guys getting in touch with their feminine side, but this seems just a little too, well, literal.

He really needs a mini to explain all of his personalities and how he can just creat one out of no where.

Side note: if men have Feminine sides do women have Masculing sides?

This reminds me of Red vs Blue where Caboose imagine the guy with pink armor as a girl in his mind. She asks for a tampon. it was funny :roll:

And Sarge talks like a Pirate. I love that episode.

Otherwise, I don't see how you guys can like, or defend this issue. No development with the Knights (they aren't even mentioned), ridiculous MoonKnight side plots and absolutely no interaction or development between or with all of the new high school students (or even the old high school students) that Bendis introduced in this arc. Not to mention the fact that Bagley just draws the same person over and over again, but gives them a different haircut/color.

And Sarge talks like a Pirate. I love that episode.

Otherwise, I don't see how you guys can like, or defend this issue. No development with the Knights (they aren't even mentioned), ridiculous MoonKnight side plots and absolutely no interaction or development between or with all of the new high school students (or even the old high school students) that Bendis introduced in this arc. Not to mention the fact that Bagley just draws the same person over and over again, but gives them a different haircut/color.

Yeah, yarg! I have me a southern accent yarg!

Liked the issue a lot. I'm not burnt out on Bagley like most of you are and I'm going to miss his art after he's gone. (With that said, no, he didn't hit a homerun or anything, but it was still solid.)

I could have done without the 5 pages of inner Moon Knight monologue, is this even going to make a difference in the end? I don't keep any of his personalities straight and I don't care, because it's not a MK book, it's a Spider-Man book.

That said, I loved that MJ is getting some props, I thought that was cool. I thought Spidey was taken down a little too easily, as was Shadowcat. But I am nervous to see what happens next time, as I doubt Kingpin will be as ready to just throw Peter out a window as he was last time.

Solid. 3.5/5

Last edited:
Liked the issue a lot. I'm not burnt out on Bagley like most of you are and I'm going to miss his art after he's gone. (With that said, no, he didn't hit a homerun or anything, but it was still solid.)

I felt the same way. In fact it was ruining most of the issue for me. I just hearing Immonen talk from the site in my head and I was enjoying the art here.

I like this issue, except of 2 things.

First part that I didn't like, is Ronin is moon knight! Apperreantly MWoF is right, and Bendis is that low to do that!

Second part is the art, if this can be called as art! I'm gonna love Immonen on USM! Though I will still miss the early days of Bagley.

The rest of this issue was awesome, I love the idea of everything in spider-man's life closing on him.His secret identity is about to get blown in so many levels, and I actually feel interested in what's gonna happen next.

First part that I didn't like, is Ronin is moon knight! Apperreantly MWoF is right, and Bendis is that low to do that!
I'm always right.

Scenerio should've been: Everyone thought Ronin was Moon Knight and they noticed his chaotic behavior and confronted him. Moon Knight also confronts Ronin and Ronin ends up killing Moon Knight. Ronin actually being Elektra or **** even The Rose. All right that was baseless but still better than this.

Yeah, yarg! I have me a southern accent yarg!

You really shouldn't brag about such things... We Northerners knock off a few I.Q. points when we hear a southern accent. Jeff Foxworthy is right, the last thing we want to hear a brain surgeon with a Southern accent.

When we go to the doctor's office the last thing we what to hear the surgeon say is: "See what weren' gonna do here is, swivel this here stick around in that there brain of yours and see what ahappening in there. And if theres any thing that needs to be removed, Then we'll rip out that old sucker thats givin' youns all that there trouble.".... That... that scares us.

Oh, and I agree with MWoF I thought this issue was a little better than the last 10 issues.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back