Ultimate Spider-Man # 71 discussion (spoilers)

The Captain

Banned
well, its out today...(i think) i am free between classes, ill let someone else comment before i spoil the whole thing. Did it live up to the hype? what was your favorite parts? Next up : H O B G O B L I N

:) No matter what, I think the best part about this issue for me is the fact that Hobgoblin is next. As you can probably tell, I'm not a huge fan of these two issue arcs. ;)

Hey, well you're not alone, my Cap'n (HAHA... Do you remember the Dead Poet's Society? "Captain, my Captain!"). It's just my luck, too (Well, it is snowing, too; the mailmen want to get home... They aren't about to dig through the third class mail stuff for me). Anyway, I'm ready to get spoiled. Can anyone help me out?

I definitely like the renditions of Mary Jane as Elektra and the Black Cat. That alone made the issue worth it to me. Although the issue did go a long way towards setting up the divide that Harry probably takes advantage of to split Peter and Mary Jane. Peter was freaked out by the end of the issue.

Not at the moment. I read through the issue and then packaged it up. I'm selling TPBs 1 through 5, and 9, and loose issues 33 to 71 on eBay. One big set that collects from USM #1 to #71, including Ultimate Six.

Hmmm I'm mixed with this nothing was resolved at all... They didn't even say who the bad guy was (which is what pretty much we were all looking forward too) Strange (also pissing me off that it's not "The Doctor Strange" but some kid) said that the battle wasn't over either... well for you it is buddy cos I don't want to see you for a loooong while... I'm gonna say that villain was Nightmare as enough evidence has presented such... hmmm I dunno it was pretty weak... with the exception of the very end... I loved how Peter was just huddled in the corner he's all sorts of messed up now (mentally) and this next arc is going to be his greatest challenge ever...

overall I'd give this issue a 1.5 out of 5 it was kinda bad...

I just finsihed reading it. I think it's a safe bet that the villain was Nightmare, the word isself is used about 5+ times, so i think it's a good assumption.

I enjoyed the issue, I like this approach on Strange, at least he isn't as boring and unrelatable as the mainstream Strange. And I'm also glad to catch mention of UMTU # 12. I love how much continuity is used in these books.

Plus, I just loved seeing all the viallins mashed together. Just imagining what peter felt like running from them scared the **** out of me.

Wow - this is one of the more disappointing issues of USM in recent memory. :(

No, I'm moving to all hardcovers. Space is no longer at the premium it once was for me, and so I'm trying to condense my collection. I'm even torn at this point between getting individual USM hardcovers 1, 2, and 3, versus the Barnes & Noble special hardcover that collects all three in one. I plan to do the same thing with UXM, Ultimates is already in the mail to me, and UFF and UMTU are on the 'to buy' list, albeit at the bottom.

Well, get whichever provides more extra stuff, you know? Get your money's worth. ;)

So, was Strange in the issue at all? How did Peter get out of his dream state?

Dont Be Lazy!!!

well, i still havent got my issue yet and im actually kind of pissed off....ive heard mixed reviews of the issue, some either really like it or really hate it. I expected some of you guys to actually discuss what happened in the issue but no one has done that yet. I was so ticked off at marvel for having the issue late that i cancelled my subscription. Anyone know of a good online comic shop that allows members to subscribe to just one comic each month if they choose????

The Captain said:
well, i still havent got my issue yet and im actually kind of pissed off....ive heard mixed reviews of the issue, some either really like it or really hate it. I expected some of you guys to actually discuss what happened in the issue but no one has done that yet. I was so ticked off at marvel for having the issue late that i cancelled my subscription. Anyone know of a good online comic shop that allows members to subscribe to just one comic each month if they choose????

Yea who said they really liked it? Because it was awful :evil:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yea who said they really liked it? Because it was awful :evil:

Saying why it was awful would be helpful....everyone wants to talk about the issue and guess what happens before it happens, but once its here, no one wants to discuss it, whats up with that??

Well ok so they start it off with Doc Strange Jr. and his assistant discussing what had happened with sleepy spiderman on the floor in front of them... apparently Doc Strange Jr. forgot to put and astral defense spell up before he began meditating one day and this allowed a astral demon to attack him in his head.. When Spiderman swung in to save Doc Strange Jr. after he mistakenly thought his assistant was attacking him he subjected himself to the astral demon. Strange awoke and the assitant explained everything I just explained. In Peter's dreams/nightmare's, well I don't need to tell you exactly what happened a few cool things that the creators mixed moments of parker's life with spiderman's to form some intriguing scenes (not interesting enough to save the issue though) anyway Doc Strange goes back into meditation to fight off the never given a proper named villain and frees parker. When Peter wakes up he is instantly scared by what he dreamt and leaves Strange and the assistant in a big hurry. Next we see Parker huddled in his basement corner with MJ at the basement doorway in the back asking him to come out or let him in but Parker is so freaked out by what happened he just sits there and the issue ends....

Latest posts

Back