Ultimate Spider-Man # 72 thoughts (spoilers)

Thats right. When i read that Harry and liz dated in #72, it didnt click till now that they were married in 616 and that might have been a slight little nod to 616 continuity.

I think that, with this issue, we are really going to be focusing on MJ's character. I don't think any of you think this is all that big a deal for her character, but keeping something like this from Peter is catastrophic, especially after Peter told her to stay away from him... We'll have to see what happens.

puzzle pieces

Goodwill said:
I think that, with this issue, we are really going to be focusing on MJ's character. I don't think any of you think this is all that big a deal for her character, but keeping something like this from Peter is catastrophic, especially after Peter told her to stay away from him... We'll have to see what happens.

naturally this is probably what will happen, im guessing a fall out between pete and mj may happen, either way, things wont be the same with them, im guessing the black cat should be popping her buxom self up somewhere soon to make things interesting (as felicia in this arc.....maybe....or in the next couple of arcs : as stated by bendis himself)

spidey vs ????

Goodwill said:
That's not all that bad... Did you see the pair of... Boots that she had? Man were they cool looking! ;)

what are you talking about, what boots?? anyway, anyone have any idea who the guy spidey was fighting was that was looking for the adamantium???? call me crazy, maybe that could have been iron fist(too much thought about the next arc in mind)....although i dont see him being a villain or anything....i dont know, i have no clue, so someone help me out here.

Bendis revealed that was Killershrike or whatever his name is...

Also, c'mon man... You don't get the boots joke?

No need to explain the boot joke. Tsk tsk...boys.

Back to THIS ISSUE. Keep spec in the Hobgoblin spec thread.

So, hey if you guys could pick one of the most provacative panels in this issue, which do you think you would pick? Personally, I thought the one where Harry is holding up Peter's Spider-Man mask... I thought that was kind of chilling.

The Captain said:
what are you talking about, what boots?? anyway, anyone have any idea who the guy spidey was fighting was that was looking for the adamantium???? call me crazy, maybe that could have been iron fist(too much thought about the next arc in mind)....although i dont see him being a villain or anything....i dont know, i have no clue, so someone help me out here.

Am I seeing things or did you really just post this recently? We've been sayin' who the villain was all week. Read the thread.

the Man without a life

TheManWithoutFear said:
Am I seeing things or did you really just post this recently? We've been sayin' who the villain was all week. Read the thread.

I wasnt here for much of wednesday through sunday...and i didnt bother to read all of the threads, after rereading the issue i decided to ask, lay off me, i have a life outside of ultimate central.....

Goodwill said:
So, hey if you guys could pick one of the most provacative panels in this issue, which do you think you would pick? Personally, I thought the one where Harry is holding up Peter's Spider-Man mask... I thought that was kind of chilling.

The panel you are talking about was striking to me as well. Its like everyone is gonna know, i wonder if the kingpin will finally find out....anyway...i liked the fight scene.....its been a few months since weve had one and it was a sigh of relief.

Ultimate Gambit said:
he knows what he looks like........ yes

^^ i love this guy, his avatar is creepy and he isnt always here, but he pops up and comments when its necessary, id be more like him if i wasnt so outspoken.
I dont realistically see kingpin finding out who spidey really is, he already knows him by face, he could have forgot by now.....and even if he does learn his name, i dont think bendis will do to spidey what he did to daredevil......not unless he offs mr. fisk....who knows though. Bendis is unpredictable, and even when stuff he does is sort of close to being predictable, he puts his own spin on things making them better (rarely worse) then what they should be.

Arc of the year....Ultimate Warriors.....just cause black cat is returning...

Kingpin doesn't forget faces... we're not dealing with a superpowered villain we're dealing with one of the smartest villains in the UU. He'd remember Parker's face. I'm sure sooner or later he's gonna go digging him out. I don't think it'll happen in his upcoming arc though because his hands will be full with Hammerhead, Black Cat, hopefully Daredevil... and whoever else will be involved.

I think KP is better off not knowing Peter's identity. Obviously the mask should mean nothing to Peter anymore, but I think that it should so what we can leave intact we should. ;) I mean, don't Kong and Liz know?

Kong thought peter was spidy and tried to prove it by kicking peter in butt, but peter sensed it, and took the blow...proving he wasn't spidy, (with the first appearance of Gwen)

Latest posts

Back