Ultimate Spider-Man #73 discussion (spoilers)

The Captain said:
i hear you brother, just buy mk spider-man....when bendis wakes up and realizes people want action just as much as they want characterization, then the book will be as nice as it was when the series started.
You mean Millar, not Bendis. MM writes MK: Spider-Man. The first 12 issues that is.

icemastertron said:
You mean Millar, not Bendis. MM writes MK: Spider-Man. The first 12 issues that is.

what are you talking about...? i think you read that wrong. I was saying he should by mk spidey instead of ult spidey or both until bendis starts giving more action....

People always trying to correct others when they are wrong themselves... :?

The Captain said:
what are you talking about...? i think you read that wrong. I was saying he should by mk spidey instead of ult spidey or both until bendis starts giving more action....

People always trying to correct others when they are wrong themselves... :?
You know what, you're right, I did read it wrong.My apologies. :oops:

icemastertron said:
You know what, you're right, I did read it wrong.My apologies. :oops:

its okay man, i know you are reading 1000 posts an hour and all that, and you guys kinda have a negative vibe when it comes to the captain, so its all expected, considered, and rolled off.....

you can make it up by getting me the irresponsible arc of ultimate spidey (vol 7) just get me a fair conditioned one off www.amazon.com

that would be a nice way to apologize...(you probably wont, but it was worth a shot) :D

The Captain said:
i hear you brother, just buy mk spider-man....when bendis wakes up and realizes people want action just as much as they want characterization, then the book will be as nice as it was when the series started.

Well, no. I'd like USM to be *good*.

:twisted:

Ok, MK Spidey's all right. But it's pretty much as bland as USM at the moment. Dodson's worth the ticket price though.

Back on topic... back on topic... er... ah...

So I was reading my USM from #1 again, and my God, they're wonderful. Really, for me, it was the Geldoff and Carnage arcs that have ruined it for me. Almost nothing worthwhile in any of them. Hobgoblin is starting badly, I think, but it's quite possible that after this arc USM might return to its good ol' days.

Does anyone else think that for the $X that they spent on this issue, that the 'cliffhanger' page should've been page 10? Does anyone else feel that the issue was quite nicely written but it seems... I dunno, pointless.

It's supposed to show us how Harry got to where he is. I get that. I got that in a couple of pages.

Anyone else feel this way (other than my man Ricky, who agrees with me a lot, or Ice because he disagrees with me and is on my list so many times I had to make a new list just for him)?

Well, I don't think you can judge the arc off the bat and disregard the rest of it. The end result could be something else and you didn't give it a chance. I know I'm sounding a lot like Osrick but that's where I'm at because I don't see where you see this arc being bad. I think this is very fitting even though it's a bit abrupt to have Harry become such an important character... We haven't seen him in ages and he's taking such a drastic turn. That's my only complaint. I do partially agree with you, though, about the issue... I thought that it should've at least led to something more with Peter.

First of all, I'm not judging the arc, but simply giving my opinion on its current state. I'm quite willing to accept that Bendis may know more about the arc than I do (though, I'm not sure :wink:), so I'm not judging the arc, but individual issues, because, while the ending may be good, it kind of doesn't matter if the journey's annoying (Rising Stars suffered from this for example).

That said, you said exactly my problem with a lot of 'decompressed' issues:
I thought that it should've at least led to something more with Peter.

Generally though, when you hear me ***** (and boy, oh boy do I *****) about the latest issue of an arc, I say "this issue sucked, but I'm optimistic that the arc itself will end well".

Well, I really like the fact that Bendis actually takes time off of the main character, however, there needs to be at least a little with him... You can't just forget about him all together.

Again, I didn't read the issue, but it must have been good, cuz it COMPLETELY sold out in my shop, and they always have copies left over.

Or MAYBE the series has been doing so badly, that your shop has ordered less of them in, and as a result, they sold out.

Then Bendis, crying into his humble crow pie, would come to my house, on his knees, beggin me to teach him how to write.

Then all would be as it should.

No.

Then, amazed at my brilliance, Famke Janssen and I get married.

Bass said:
Or MAYBE the series has been doing so badly, that your shop has ordered less of them in, and as a result, they sold out.

Then Bendis, crying into his humble crow pie, would come to my house, on his knees, beggin me to teach him how to write.

No.

Then, amazed at my brilliance, Famke Janssen and I get married.

Lol, no. I don't think they ordered less. But I was mad that I didn't get the chance to read it in-store.

You've not seen me.

Luck wouldn't have anything to do with it.

BAM!

:heybaby:

God, I'm so desperately lonely.

So, hey, now that Norman has all of this stuff panned out for Harry, do you think we'll find out how he did it and knew he would crumble or, when he got into it knew that something would eventually happen? I'd buy it either way, but I'd like to see more to Norman's character with this one; it's entirely possible that his intelligence surpasses what we all imagine.

Latest posts

Back