Ultimate Spider-Man #81 Discussion (Spoilers)

How would you rate Ultimate Spider-Man #81?

• ***** [excellent]

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • **** [good]

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • *** [average]

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • ** [below average]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • * [poor]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm very confused.

Okay - Bendis is saying that hew knows that crime fiction is his writing strength. He had to get through a Green Goblin story (partly because of the movie tie-in, partly because it was essential to Peter/Spider-Man's characters) and he is basically saying back then, he was unsure if he could write that kind of story. But his worries were alliviated somewhat because he knew he had freer reign after GG, and could tell a story more suited to his strength - Kingpin.

Get it now?

Is Ultimate Iron Fist tied to the city of KunLun or whatever that crap was?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't think it was said yet. But I didn't read the issue of his first Ultimate Appearence.

No, Iron Fist's origin hasn't been covered yet in the comics, before the Warriors arc he only appeared in USM #1/2. So his origin hasn't been covered yet in the comics, but maybe we'll learn more in the Warriors arc issues that haven't been released.

DIrishB said:
No, Iron Fist's origin hasn't been covered yet in the comics, before the Warriors arc he only appeared in USM #1/2. So his origin hasn't been covered yet in the comics, but maybe we'll learn more in the Warriors arc issues that haven't been released.

What did he do in the half issue?

Ultimate Warrior said:
Tried to help some lady that got mugged and stopped by Spider-Man that thought he was the criminal. In the end of the issue he stod in front of a Cop and tried to explain the whole thing.

And the next time we saw him, wasn't he in prison?

You can disregard this as one of my "daredevil" trash threads. But...

With all that is going on in this arc. Does anyone think it's at all possibly for a quick Ultimate Daredevil Appearance? I mean are they allowed to surprise us like that?

I mean think about Elektra going all reckless and all of a sudden *Smack* a billy club hits her before she's about to kill someone and Daredevil stops her.

He wouldn't be in it long. Just continuing the DD/Elektra relationship.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
You can disregard this as one of my "daredevil" trash threads. But...

With all that is going on in this arc. Does anyone think it's at all possibly for a quick Ultimate Daredevil Appearance? I mean are they allowed to surprise us like that?

I mean think about Elektra going all reckless and all of a sudden *Smack* a billy club hits her before she's about to kill someone and Daredevil stops her.

He wouldn't be in it long. Just continuing the DD/Elektra relationship.

It's absoluletly positive... But, would I be open to a Daredevil appearance at this point? No. I don't mean to be "hatin'" on DD, it's just that if there was one more random character that cropped up just because, I think I would put down the title. Honestly, there is a lot of random stuff going on in Warriors and I'm just waiting for all of that to be resolved before more hysteria comes along. Yes, I do realize that the arc is still in its infancy, but, still... Bendis has to know when to quit with the character appearances, right? RIGHT?

Goodwill said:
It's absoluletly positive... But, would I be open to a Daredevil appearance at this point? No. I don't mean to be "hatin'" on DD, it's just that if there was one more random character that cropped up just because, I think I would put down the title. Honestly, there is a lot of random stuff going on in Warriors and I'm just waiting for all of that to be resolved before more hysteria comes along. Yes, I do realize that the arc is still in its infancy, but, still... Bendis has to know when to quit with the character appearances, right? RIGHT?
I agree and feel that there'd be too much characters but I'm not even talking about a full out like even have any dialogue. Just Daredevil being badass and Elektra gets hit looks up and you see Daredevil standing on a building top. Then Peter would go after Hammerhead or Kingpin or whoever and it would be understood that Elektra was stopped. But a real quick "Cameo" nothing more.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I agree and feel that there'd be too much characters but I'm not even talking about a full out like even have any dialogue. Just Daredevil being badass and Elektra gets hit looks up and you see Daredevil standing on a building top. Then Peter would go after Hammerhead or Kingpin or whoever and it would be understood that Elektra was stopped. But a real quick "Cameo" nothing more.

You know I love you - most of the time - but, again, I don't even think a cameo would be right. That would only be teasing you, if you really think about it. We'd have this fight that you're illustrating (To me, anyway) where all the key players are having it out, right? Then, all of a sudden, Daredevil shows up and randomly throws a fist or two? Sorry. He's better either in as a pretty significant character or better left alone. I know you're trying to get him into the title, but I can't say that's completely necessary at this point.

Latest posts

Back