Ultimate Spider-Man #85 (Spoiler)

Is it conceivable that Capt. DeWolfe is working underground in order to nab the LardKing? I know Bendis can't plot five minutes ahead, but it would be veddy cool if she was working Kingpin underground whilst Spidey took care of Hammerhead. There has been no hint prior to Bendis' shock closer (not that he can foreshadow) that DeWolfe was a crooked cop. If it were anybody but Bendis, DeWolfe would be setting up Kinglard for a big fall.

I hope you're wrong. Only because I want Kingpin to be a major threat to not just Spider-Man but everyone. Corrupt cops are always a good storyline.

Is it me or did anyone else think that DeWolff's image at the end sucked. Way too overboard for me.

John Q. Public said:
Is it conceivable that Capt. DeWolfe is working underground in order to nab the LardKing?

Absolutely.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Is it me or did anyone else think that DeWolff's image at the end sucked. Way too overboard for me.

Too over the top. She looked ridiculously evil.

Let me begin by saying that Warriors was easily the best arc of the last four arcs (Including Hob, Super-Stars, and Carnage). It was just a fun story to be told and, on top of that, had what would seem like major waves in the status quo of the title. With the possibility that Moon Knight is working for SHIELD, DeWolfe being a dirty cop, and everyone's loyalties revealed it's obvious Spider-Man is more hated than before. I really liked this arc.

I do have a few questions, though. What was Iron Fist's problem with the Black Cat? Is that something that hasn't been touched on before? I was lost when he turned on her... Also, why did Moon Knight save Black Cat? Is there something between them? Not romantically, of course, but, like possibly "co-workers."

8/10

Errr...I guess I can "announce" this here.

What? I'm bored. Leave me alone.

Im going to start picking up USM in singles with #86. I was going to wait until #100, but since Im picking the next 3 issues cuz of the Vision backstory, I was like, "What the ****. I'll do it."

Yeah...leave me alone.

icemastertron said:
Errr...I guess I can "announce" this here.

What? I'm bored. Leave me alone.

Im going to start picking up USM in singles with #86. I was going to wait until #100, but since Im picking the next 3 issues cuz of the Vision backstory, I was like, "What the ****. I'll do it."

Yeah...leave me alone.

I think that's actually a good idea since the title is out of it's slump.

Goodwill said:
I do have a few questions, though. What was Iron Fist's problem with the Black Cat? Is that something that hasn't been touched on before? I was lost when he turned on her... Also, why did Moon Knight save Black Cat? Is there something between them? Not romantically, of course, but, like possibly "co-workers."

8/10
I think Iron Fist was just offended by Cat switching sides.

Really cool ending to an amazing arc but i got 1 problem with it, Spidey can lift a car over his head right? If he`s that strong there should be no way elektra could block his punch he`d snap her arm in half, i just think that spidey is in another league from these other guys, i mean its not like elktra has any super whammy, im sick of spidey getting his *** kicked buy gangsters and small powerless woman.

Tomar said:
Really cool ending to an amazing arc but i got 1 problem with it, Spidey can lift a car over his head right? If he`s that strong there should be no way elektra could block his punch he`d snap her arm in half, i just think that spidey is in another league from these other guys, i mean its not like elktra has any super whammy, im sick of spidey getting his *** kicked buy gangsters and small powerless woman.

Have we seen Ultimate Spidey lift a car? I think Bendis has been writing him as a bit lower on the power scale than the full grown regular version. And I do buy the explanation that someone like Elektra with training could beat a stronger guy who knows nothing really about fighting.

He lifts a car in the first arc and has also done it in the ultimate team up issue with the hulk, I can understand that someone as acomplished at fighting as elektra could put up a fight but she totally kicks his *** every time and that just doesnt seem right.

Tomar said:
He lifts a car in the first arc and has also done it in the ultimate team up issue with the hulk, I can understand that someone as acomplished at fighting as elektra could put up a fight but she totally kicks his *** every time and that just doesnt seem right.

He's could be pulling his punches and holding back because she's female.

Thats what i was thinking, if he`s that strong he`d totally kill her if he punched her full force, he must hold back when fighting normall folks

fighting skills and strength are on a different scale, although someone as strong as peter should be able to take hits from elektra...i think spidey getting his butt whooped is just for emphasis to show the reader how talented elektra is at fighting.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think Iron Fist was just offended by Cat switching sides.

That's what I figured after re-reading it. Thanks, though. I guess there were just too many characters. I believe it was you, MwoF, that said Iron Fist and Shang didn't need to be there. I totally agree with you, although it was cool seeing them.

Does anyone find it ridiculous that Spider-Man can survive a five story fall without much harm but that Elektra's punch seem to seriously stun him? Because, last time I checked my physics classes, falling five story is a much bigger hazard to your health deal than getting punched by the world's heavy weight boxing champion. If I was forced to choose, I'd take the punch over the fall anyday. I'd take a whole beating over the fall.

But that's comics universe for you. A world where the same guy that could take a bullet in the shoulder, not go into shock, break his handcuffs from behind his back (therefore with no leverage) can get his *** kicked by a girl because she has a cool leather outfit.

I know, I know : she's skilled. But you know, there's a reason why boxers don't fight out of their weight division. Because being more skilled than your opponent only comes into play if you can roughly match him physically. If you can't, you gonna find that skill alone doesn't cut it unless you can use surprise and end the fight before it gets underway.

And this is officially the last I say on the subject.

That is, until I see Silver Sable kick Spider-Man's *** (But wait, I don't know what kind of powers SS is supposed to have so maybe it'll be all right)

Last edited:
That has to suck...getting your crotch puked on when this hot 20-something babe realizes you're just a teenager.

Latest posts

Back