Ultimate Spider-Man #92 (Spoilers & Discussions)

Good point. I'm guessing he was absent for some reason. It would make sense that Deadpool and his crew would wait for him to leave since they don't strike me as having much defenses against Xavier's powers.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
Good point. I'm guessing he was abesent for some reason. It would make sense that Deadpool and his crew would wait for him to leave since they don't strike me as having much defenses against Xavier's powers.

But doesnt Xavier have pretty much the same powers as Jean at the moment? it seems weird they've brought her along. I'm guessing the cyborgs must have some shield against telepathy, or else this game will be over soon.

But doesnt Xavier have pretty much the same powers as Jean at the moment?

Jean isn't that powerful a telepath. Well, she's more powerful than the horde of nameless telepaths that fills the halls of SHIELD, but we've never seen her shutdown more than one person at a time through telepathy, whereas we've seen Xavier shutdown a whole neighborhood. So in that respect, she's not even close. In large fights, Jean seems to rely more on telekinetics powers to fight and use telepathy mostly to coordinate the team. In fact, we can't even be sure if she's even able to perform direct mind attacks like Xavier. We've never seen her do something like that. Closest I can remember is when Rogue used Jean's power to implant a nightmare in Bobby's mind. We've never seen her take direct control of someone's brain, or simply shut it down like Xavier does.

As for the Phoenix powers... She doesn't reliably command them. And when she does, it's not telepathy she exhibits. More along the line of Scarlet witch / God like type of powers with a fire theme.

So no, they don't have pretty much the same powers at the moment. Either she'll go Phoenix and then who knows what will happen, or she won't and her telepathy will probably play a minor role in the fight as it usually does.

Last edited:
So Rogue is thrown off a plane and survive??? Last time I checked, she doesn't fly! However, it looks like she does when she finally appear in the end of the issue. Did I miss something??
Yeah, I wondered about that myself. Rogue just has Gambit's powers now, right? I don't read UXM so I haven't been following it, but that's what I understand.

I love Spidey's banter, but the convenience of each X-Man appearing when they did kind of bugged me. I did like the Kitty/Spidey interaction, but the rest of it was just "walk around until the next X-Man shows up."

Looks like the next issue should be fun, but I was hoping for a more detailed plot than just "take them somewhere and kill them".

Ultimate Warrior said:
Yeah I know. However in some cases when doing something like this, the writer have made sentences very small and removed some letters. It is very hard, but not impossible, to read it then....

I thought it said something like i want to be under you or something.

E.Vi.L. said:
It's gibberish. Come on, don't be lazy and bring this issue a few inches away from your eyes and you'll see distinct letters forming non-sensical words.

It made perfect sense to me...

Hi-Fi said:
I just read this. And while I like this little adventure, I must say that some points bothered me:

How could Storm recognize the place if she wasn't with the team when they were in Krakoa???

Maybe the other team members described it to her...or she saw some type of aerial footage taken from the X-wing in the Most Dangerous Game arc...its not that big a deal...

Angel's presence seems completely forced. I mean, it felt for me that Bendis wrote him as part of the team, and them the editor called him and said "hey, Angel left the X-Men". That ballon explaining his presence there looks like it was put there in a rush.

I completely agree, but I'm still glad they included it, if for nothing else than to explain his presence.

cmdrjanjalani said:
I hope Iceman shows up in the next issue, we saw him on the plane, and none of the X-Men were asking where he is.

I'm sure we'll see him next issue.

Also it looks to me that the events here occur after around Date Night or probably after that Boggs kid leaves the X-Men. Wolverine's nowhere to be seen, and we've seen in an UXM preview that it looks like he was going away and was wearing the exact same getup he had in Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk. It can't be the "friendly date" he had with Storm since she's here. Also we know that Kitty eventually stopped using her X-costume when fighting with Spidey in this episode, when she was still using it in UXM.

Agreed. The "Deadpool arc most likely occurs after both Date Night and Phoenix? in Ultimate X-Men (since Phoenix? picks up the next morning after Date Night), mostly due to the fact Angel is present, but only in a visiting capacity (meaning it must occur sometime after Magnetic North), Elliott is nowhere to be seen, and Wolverine is most likely off on his adventure with the Hulk.

vader said:

No, no, no...she was saying that she wished he'd brought the handcuffs instead of the web-shooters, as she hadn't done any kinky stuff in a jungle full of cyborg mutant-hunters and video cameras...sounds like the next Paris Hilton sex tape to me.

DIrishB said:
I'm sure we'll see him next issue.

it would be awsome if they all beat up deadpool then kill mojo and then hijack a chopper and fly home. In the chopper cylcops is all like "i have this feeling we're forgetting something..." and kitty awnsers "no, we have everything we need" and proceeds making out with spidey. The the last pannel would be Iceman standing on a beach looking at the chopper dissapearing in the distance saying.... "uhm guys?"

:D

:lol: Kitty's exact words are:

"woeugd
aepsloytlh
mietop"

Make of that what you will. :D

Read it yesterday.

An alright issue. Art was good on the X-Men. We'll see how this goes on. I liked how Bendis had Spider-Man in the beggining of the issue.

3/5

Finallyreadittoday.

I likedthe partwhere Deadpool tells the reaver tonottouch Spidey's mask. That was cool.

4/5

3/5

This was a cool issue, the visuals were great, but too much of it was Spider-Man babbling. I can't wait to see more of Deadpool next issue.

DIrishB said:
Agreed. The "Deadpool arc most likely occurs after both Date Night and Phoenix? in Ultimate X-Men (since Phoenix? picks up the next morning after Date Night), mostly due to the fact Angel is present, but only in a visiting capacity (meaning it must occur sometime after Magnetic North), Elliott is nowhere to be seen, and Wolverine is most likely off on his adventure with the Hulk.

It's nice to know that Bendis cares more about continuity for this arc. Looks like he was talking to Kirkman about how things were going to turn out so he can find out where he can fit his Deadpool story. The latest UXM issue really affirmed this since they just got a brand new X-Jet from the Shi'ar. Of course there was a price and we know that Boggs' stay in the X-Men will definitely be temporary. Heck, we even found out the Logan would be gone for quite a while before the recent UXM because of this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back