Ultimate Spider-Man #95: Morbius Part 1 discussion (spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
John thus far has nothing to do with Ultimate Man-Wolf. I didn't really pick up on the wolf turning into bats just thought they were sort've following the scene around for a cool background look.

I didn't realize that either until I read this thread, then, after looking back on that page, I saw he did turn into bats.

The only bad part of the issue, IMO. It just kinda seemed out of place, like it was only there because Spidey couldn't figure out which room to go into.

DIrishB said:
Actually, she mentioned that Peter started dating Kitty about two weeks after they broke up, and even that could have been an estimate. Meaning Peter and Kitty have been dating at least two weeks, probably closer to a month at this point.

Nah, I'm telling you, with Clone Saga we'll be at the one year point, or around it, in Peter's timeline.

No. Warriors does indeed pick up right after Hobgoblin. But in the Annual Peter mentions he punched Fury a few weeks ago, which happened at the end of Hobgoblin. With Warriors taking between one and several days, then the Annual probably takes place at least a week after, probably closer to a week and a half or two weeks. I'd say Kitty and Peter have been dating around a month at this point (Deadpool/Morbius). Kitty also mentioned in Deadpool that they had been on the island (Krakoa) only a few weeks before, meaning less than a month has passed in Ultimate X-Men between The Most Dangerous Game and Date Night arcs.

Peter's birthday takes place before the spider bite so he doesn't need to
fill in 2 months, just till his birthday.

Again with the timeline business. I pretty sure Bendis said to ignore continuity and enjoy yourselves with the stories. I'm sorry if I sound rude, but with the amount of things that have gone wrong, the UU is doomed to be irregular.

Goodwill said:
Who said it was his birthday?
Bendis did say we would see Peter reach 16, and that would be on his birthday, a long time ago. He didn't say exactly when, but most people just think it'll be in #100.

Well, I'm not trying to be an *** - I may come across as one - but I hope that, if he does turn 16, it's not a big celebration... Let's face it, one year passing in a teenager's life won't change the status quo much at all... Especially because he's got super powers, you know?

Ice said:
Bendis did say we would see Peter reach 16, and that would be on his birthday, a long time ago. He didn't say exactly when, but most people just think it'll be in #100.

Exactly. We don't know for sure. And even if it is his birthday, who says its not about a year after the first issue? Perhaps he'd just celebrated his 15th birthday very soon before USM #1. With #72 taking place nine months after #1, and the drops of "a few weeks" or "last month" in terms of time passing since then in USM #79-95 and the Annual #1, leads one to believe assuming #100 occurs about a year after #1 isn't so wrong. Until we're given some firm info otherwise, thats how I'm looking at it.

Woah. Houde the Enforcer. ****in' square. :lol:

If this is the end of Ben Urich I will be upset. I thought it was senseless on Bendis' part to have him be bitten, but we'll see what Blade can do for him. In the mean time, I'm pissed at Bendis for that. Just throwing it out there.

Goodwill said:
If this is the end of Ben Urich I will be upset.
Ditto. I've enjoyed the Ultimate Universe portrayal of him and would prefer that he not end up as, shall we say, collateral damage. Guess we'll find out next week.

Yeah, Bendis has to realize we can't afford losing any cool supporting cast-members or Ultimate Spider-Man will end up like the 616 Spider-Man, where he is nothing but a super hero now...

Goodwill said:
Woah. Houde the Enforcer. ****in' square. :lol:

If this is the end of Ben Urich I will be upset. I thought it was senseless on Bendis' part to have him be bitten, but we'll see what Blade can do for him. In the mean time, I'm pissed at Bendis for that. Just throwing it out there.

Ten bucks says Blade uses his half-human/half-vampire blood to somehow cure Urich by the end of next issue. Ten bucks.

Yeah, Bendis has to realize we can't afford losing any cool supporting cast-members or Ultimate Spider-Man will end up like the 616 Spider-Man, where he is nothing but a super hero now...

Speaking of which, since Peter has been dating Kitty, we've seen hardly any of his supporting cast. How long has it been since we saw the Daily Bugle staff (Jameson, Urich, Robertson, etc) before this arc? Was it in "Hobgoblin"? What about Kong or Flash? Even Aunt May has taken a bit of a back-seat, though her "relationship" with Miles Warren might bring her into the limelight more in time for #100 (which I'm sure will happen).

DIrishB said:
How long has it been since we saw the Daily Bugle staff (Jameson, Urich, Robertson, etc) before this arc? Was it in "Hobgoblin"?
Actually, it was in the Warriors arc; Ben Urich is piecing together a story and gets a statement from Wilson Fisk about the warehouse that burned. Just a bit part, but always a pleasure to watch. (And, like Tony Stark, Ben's eye color changes in this arc from blue to brown. :roll: )

What about Kong or Flash?
Nothing substantial since before the Superstars volume.

Agree that it would be nice to see more of these characters.

Ten bucks says Blade uses his half-human/half-vampire blood to somehow cure Urich by the end of next issue. Ten bucks.
Or there's another part to the process that doesn't happen in Urich's case, or something. Thanks, but not taking that bet.

Seldes Katne said:
Actually, it was in the Warriors arc; Ben Urich is piecing together a story and gets a statement from Wilson Fisk about the warehouse that burned. Just a bit part, but always a pleasure to watch. (And, like Tony Stark, Ben's eye color changes in this arc from blue to brown. :roll: )

Oh thats right.

Nothing substantial since before the Superstars volume.

Agree that it would be nice to see more of these characters.

Definitly. Like I said, I understand Bendis was trying to focus on Peter and his relationship with Kitty over the last couple arcs, but I think we get the point by now.

Or there's another part to the process that doesn't happen in Urich's case, or something. Thanks, but not taking that bet.

Why? Scared?

Just kidding. That just seems like a quick and easy way for Bendis to "fix" things.

Actually, I think Morbius may have a hand in the healing of Urich. It's a pretty stupid hunch - but I have a feeling Morbius isn't a bad guy...

Latest posts

Back