Ultimate Spider-Man #96 (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't agree with you on Morbius being another accident lesser Vampire. It could easily be pulled off that Morbius is just a vamp and that's all because all and all, that's what he is. A vampire.

The radioactive vampire bat bite would've played off as interesting because it would show that Spiders aren't the only thing that can be radioactive with Oz. So much potential was wasted on this character...

That's what I wanted. Him being a 'natural' Vampire doesn't make him intresting. Sure, maybe he would have been intresting in an Ultimate Blade mini, but in Spidey? Bendis could have given one last "oomph" to the private Super Soldier conspiracy, and he wasted it on. . .a run of the mill vampire story that added nothing to the story.

Lynx said:
That's what I wanted. Him being a 'natural' Vampire doesn't make him intresting. Sure, maybe he would have been intresting in an Ultimate Blade mini, but in Spidey? Bendis could have given one last "oomph" to the private Super Soldier conspiracy, and he wasted it on. . .a run of the mill vampire story that added nothing to the story.

We obviously don't know the entire story, so let's see where this does go, and if it will be part of the whole conspiracy or not.

Ultimate Houde said:
We obviously don't know the entire story, so let's see where this does go, and if it will be part of the whole conspiracy or not.

We don't? It was summed up with one word: Dracul. We're not talking about a vampire that's been around for a few years due to super-human experimentation/accidents. The name alone means we're dealing with an order that's been around for a very very long time.

hey man, maybe Doctor Dracul was the descendent of Count Dracula...

Wait...

WAIT A GODDAMN SECOND

Isn't Ultimate Doom already the descendent of Dracula???

What the ****?!?!

Dr.Strangefate said:

Wait...

WAIT A GODDAMN SECOND

What the ****?!?!

****! Doom and Morbius are brothers!!!

That's gonna be an awkward Thanksgiving.

TheManWithoutFear said:
We don't? It was summed up with one word: Dracul. We're not talking about a vampire that's been around for a few years due to super-human experimentation/accidents. The name alone means we're dealing with an order that's been around for a very very long time.

Really? Dracul? That says nothing to me, unless it is explained further.

Dracul could be the name of a scientific group from Romania.
Dracul could be a doctor, like Strangefate said
Dracul could be the name of the virus itself that makes these vampires.

Dracul could be a number of things

Dr.Strangefate said:

Wait...

WAIT A GODDAMN SECOND

What the ****?!?!

Ugh....I just realized that. Speculation could be brought up on how that could be possible. Perhaps Dracul was human once and sired a nice sized family. But then taking a cue from Bram Stoker he went off to battle and when thought dead the church seized him family's possesions and the all were killed or something. Then he returned and found all this out, blah blah blah......yeah it's my own half-baked theory and even I don't care anymore.

Last edited:
Zombipanda said:
****! Doom and Morbius are brothers!!!

That's gonna be an awkward Thanksgiving.

Didn't Morbius claim to be Dracul's son? Doom is a decendent hundreds of years removed.

So Mobius is Doom's Great Uncle?

:?

What bothers me is that Bendis pretty much wrote the Doom arc of UFF... He made the Dracula connection.

Hum, guys, if Morbius is the son of Dracul, you know who that would makes him? Dracula.

"Dracul" meant Dragon. Adding the "a" meant "son of". Dracula meant "Son of the Dragon". And I've read that Vlad Tepes father was indeed refered to as Dracul, so Tepes was Dracula.

Last edited:
Dr.Strangefate said:

What bothers me is that Bendis pretty much wrote the Doom arc of UFF... He made the Dracula connection.

. . .

Bendis sucks.

E said:
Didn't Morbius claim to be Dracul's son? Doom is a decendent hundreds of years removed.

This will all probaly be cleared up in the Blade miniseries
Maybe he was just going for simplicity?

I'm willing to bet there is a difference between Dracul and Dracula in the Ultimate Universe. I, at first, thought that Doom having ties to Morbius was odd... Now I'm pretty there's no connection.

Goodwill said:
I'm willing to bet there is a difference between Dracul and Dracula in the Ultimate Universe. I, at first, thought that Doom having ties to Morbius was odd... Now I'm pretty there's no connection.

*sigh*

Why do I even bother. I just posted this.

There is a difference between Dracul and Dracula. In the real word or the UU.

Dracula means "Son of Dracul". And Dracul means Dragon. The father of Vlad Tepes was nicknamed "Dracul", The Dragon, which is why Vlad was known as Dracula.

Unless Bendis go right ahead and invent meanings for words, that's what it means.

So if Morbius is the son of Dracul, he is either Dracula himself or Dracula's brother. Vlad Dracula had three brothers, one of them having been his primary political rival.

From Wiki :

Vlad II, known as Dracul

Vlad III, known as the Impaler, known as Dracula

Vlad Dracula was during his main reign (he reigned 3 distinct times) a vassal of Matthias Corvinus, King of Hungary. A tidbit for the Underworld fans.

Last edited:
We know this anyone who knows anything about Horror Mythology knows the difference between Dracul and Dracula. He's trying to say that he thinks that there's just two different lineages of Dracula in the UU.

I think it's sort've cool that Morbius and Doom are distantly (and guys we're talking very distant) related. At least they're not an alternate reality son.

i acutally like this story but only 2 issue's? this could have been a six part arc replaced deadpool (which should have been the chameleon) and it would have been the best arc since carnage (IMO) having only two issue's makes this feel way to rushed and wtf happened to blade the advertised blade and he only show's up in a flashback no worth the hype

TheManWithoutFear said:
We know this anyone who knows anything about Horror Mythology knows the difference between Dracul and Dracula. He's trying to say that he thinks that there's just two different lineages of Dracula in the UU.

That's not what his post convey. He says he believe there is a difference between Dracul and Dracula. There is. Father and son. Like Leif Erikson was Erik the Red's son. It would be silly to have Dracula mentioned in UU and then have Dracul be unrelated.

And by definition, one ancestor generates one lineage. If Doom descends from Dracula, he automatically descends from Dracul. If Morbius is the son of Dracula, they are from the same lineage, with Dracul as its founder. No way around it. By the way, I would guess that there are well over 100 000 persons today who could trace their lineage to Dracula. And that's being conservative. Snobs will usually distinguish themselves by following several other famous descendants. Kind of like Doom was doing. In that sense there can hundreds of different Dracul/Dracula lineages but really it's just filtering one big lineage to your convenience. The same as if you have tons of data on Excel and mask what you don't need. Anybody who can trace his way to Dracula could just as rightfully claim to be from his lineage.

Of course, Doom could see Dracula as the founder of the lineage and if Morbius was a brother of Dracula instead of Dracula himself, then Morbius wouldn't be part of that lineage. But that's just perception.

1000th post. Yeah.

Last edited:
I think you're too caught up in history. MwoF interpreted my post as it was intended... I'm really sorry for not being clear.

Goodwill said:
I think you're too caught up in history.

Not a bad thing to be if the characters are (loosely) based off of historical characters.

Dr.Strangefate said:

If you're talking about "Doom", that was written by Warren Ellis. :?

Latest posts

Back