Ultimate Spider-Man #98 Spoilers

I have no problem with Bendis. He just hasn't pulled out the good storylines yet and is holding them in reserve (Norman Osborne).

This won't be good. It hasn't been anything spectacular. Fanboys will say it's been good so far because they haven't seen the final product, which will probably lack. And fanboys will still swear it's good because they don't want to admit they're wrong.

Well I hope I'm wrong and Bendis pulls some New Avengers: Breakout (first few issues), Daredevil **** (Ultimate MJ I said ****, in case you can't read it).

Seriously guys, clones...

Peter Parker the crazy villain (scorpion), Peter Parker (the mastermind who kidnapped MJ) I feel like I'm watching Multiplicity (not that it was a bad movie) but it was a comedy not USM.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I have no problem with Bendis. He just hasn't pulled out the good storylines yet and is holding them in reserve (Norman Osborne).

This won't be good. It hasn't been anything spectacular. Fanboys will say it's been good so far because they haven't seen the final product, which will probably lack. And fanboys will still swear it's good because they don't want to admit they're wrong.

Well I hope I'm wrong and Bendis pulls some New Avengers: Breakout (first few issues), Daredevil **** (Ultimate MJ I said ****, in case you can't read it).

Seriously guys, clones...

Peter Parker the crazy villain (scorpion), Peter Parker (the mastermind who kidnapped MJ) I feel like I'm watching Multiplicity (not that it was a bad movie) but it was a comedy not USM.

........and the gospel hath been spoken.

After reading Alias, and rereading early Ultimate Spider-Man issues... I know Bendis has it in him... I just really really hope that this is as good as it's been built up to be.

This has the potential to knock this series back on the right track, and if it doesn't... i might just drop it.

If you want a good Bendis book, go pick up the Daredevil trades.

Otherwise, keep reading this ****fest.

I think Bendis has been fine writing USM... There have been points where I thought ideas lacked originality or good ideas were poorly executed. It's got to be difficult writing as many consecutive issues (On top of about 1,000 titles in the 616 Universe) as he has, so I am willing to give him credit where it is due.

As far as the Clone Saga goes... It's got me hooked. For now, there hasn't been an emphasis on the clones so, for now, I'm content. There is a mysterious element to the story that I think is making it out to be the best arc in a long time, however, the execution may be off by the time it ends, especially with all of these different characters appearing.

It'll be interesting to see where Bendis takes this...

i don't have a problem with the clone saga , surely the clone saga in ASM sucked , and it took way much longer than it should have ,but guess 7 or 8 issues is worth waiting for something nice

c'mon guys ultimate clone saga is reallly fine!!!!
-kitty-peter couple starting to break down already cuz of mj , and peter is trying to save her life from himself
our
-gwen has returned!! eventhough she is a clone , she really is a new breath for the series. kitty can't take a redhead , guess what she'll do with a super-hot blondie :)

-and how will they eplain gwen's return to aunt may!!!

-and we have a spider-girlllll that's so unexpected and it can lead to something really new.

-and we have oscorp in our sight again.

i think bendis is really planning somethin big and it's about to fold out

we have seen the cops taking away gwen's corpse.she can't just come out of it i guess. so she is a clone.but i might bewrong

Issued said:
that's a nice point of view man :)

but i will stick to the ida that the current gwen is the clone

I thought about this idea when I considered how Aunt May would feel about Gwen popping up again. She is a bystander in this situation - she does not know about her nephew and his alter ego, nor does she know someone is running around making clones of him and his friends. So, if Gwen were to just walk back into her life, there'd have to be some light shed on some of the stuff going on with Peter... Or at least how the clones are being created. The solution, as I see it, is that Gwen was kidnapped and had her memory erased. The only thing she remembers is getting kidnapped and held against her will by Harry Osborn (Who I suspect is behind all of this) - she does not know that Peter is Spider-Man, or that she was replaced by a clone in time to be slaughtered by Carnage. Now that she is back she can explain this to Peter and Aunt May... Instead of "I'm a clone. Just screwing with your minds for an arc or two until we find out who is kicking out all these surprises." Eh. It's logical to ME, at least... I know I think a little different than everyone else.

Goodwill said:
What if the corpse Gwen was the Clone?
I didn't read the original clone saga, but one of the big twists was that Peter Parker might have been the clone and Ben Reiley was the real one. It all got straightened out, and Peter of course was the real one, but what I could really see happening is having them think Gwen is the real one but then figure out she was the clone all along. That way Peter can get his heart broken at least twice.

If they are sticking with clones... I do kind of really hope that Kaine enters the Ultimate Universe, and doesn't die out at the end of the line.

Kaine is a kickass character.

Also: Read the Wikipedia Entry on the Clone Saga... Especially since the original saga was preluded by the return of the then-dead Gwen Stacy, and the first clone of Peter Parker.

Last edited:
id like to see the ultimate clone saga on the next USM video game, itd be cool to be able to unlock and play as all the clones and roam the city as scorpian and spider-woman. i had hoped for black cat in the first one but we never get what we want.

Dr.Strangefate said:
If they are sticking with clones... I do kind of really hope that Kaine enters the Ultimate Universe, and doesn't die out at the end of the line.

Kaine is a kickass character.

Also: Read the Wikipedia Entry on the Clone Saga... Especially since the original saga was preluded by the return of the then-dead Gwen Stacy, and the first clone of Peter Parker.

Kaine would be an interesting character... He's one of the clones that I actually thought should've stuck around in the 616 universe after the original mess. :) I wrote him in one of my fan fics, so I did research and everything... I know what I'm talking about this time.

Latest posts

Back