Ultimate Spider-Man #98 Spoilers

vintsukka said:
How about the fact that the X-Men are way up in Westchester and the FF are in town, presumably fairly close to the mall?

And when you see a clone of yourself you automatically think of science. Reed was the first/closest place to go especially when he is in a panicked state and doesnt want **** from his g/f.

TheManWithoutFear said:
And when you see a clone of yourself you automatically think of science. Reed was the first/closest place to go especially when he is in a panicked state and doesnt want **** from his g/f.
Well one thing is he trusts the X-men more. So it seems more likely he'd go to them rather than a group he barely knows.

Random said:
Well one thing is he trusts the X-men more. So it seems more likely he'd go to them rather than a group he barely knows.

It takes the X-men's jet 20 minutes to get to Westchester from NYC- think of how long it would take Peter to swing there, holding Scorpion on his back. And Peter knew Human Torch, so it wasn't like he was going to a group full of strangers.

Last edited:
and how exactly would he get to salem? he can't swing that far he had to ride a bus (on top) to get to new jersey where he first met the sand man and i'm pretty sure xavier wouldn't just send out the x-jet to pick up peter and peter doesn't have a cell phone to ask him the FF was a perfect choice without having to talk to fury

It's a comic book, guys... If Spider-Man all of a sudden showed up at the Mansion with Scorpion, I don't think any of you would have questioned how he really got there. :roll:

I disagree. Because we are comic books guys we would over analyze and wonder how Peter got there so quickly and start screaming at Marvel and Bendis that there is a continuity error. If I were in Peter's shoes though I would want to avoid Kitty and let her cool down after that fight earlier in the morning anyway.

My mind before coming into this thread...

earth.jpg

My mind after reading 90% of the posts in this thread...

earth02.jpg

But the issue was really really good compare to what it's been. Spider-Woman is either Kitty or a clone. It could go either way based off her behavior. She acts like a scorned girlfriend. But also moves and fights like Spider-Man. And her last line about us...I'm not sure about that. I wouldn't put it passed Bendis if he hasn't made up his mind either.

I would be happy to see both Doc's and JTG's ideas in this. But I don't see Doc's happening.

They should of kept Gwen's return secret. It would of been a lot more meaningful. I look forward to more.

Random said:

He was freaked out. Could you think clearly if you just found out that you were fighting yourself? His mind must have been racing. Plus I think Kitty would have told him that Xavier was dealing with Fury. He'd probably be to scared that Fury might find out, that he had taken the Scorpion to the X-Mansion. Knowing Johnny from before and knowing his sister is Sue Storm would probably be the only place he would have felt safe to take him. Since Conners was in jail and I don't think Peter would trust him after the whole Carnage thing.

Goodwill said:
It's a comic book, guys... If Spider-Man all of a sudden showed up at the Mansion with Scorpion, I don't think any of you would have questioned how he really got there. :roll:
So, you suggested it would have been more logical for Spider-Man to go to the X-Men and now you argue that it would have been a good idea despite it not being logical.

Last edited:
the watcher said:
Plus I think Kitty would have told him that Xavier was dealing with Fury.
Eh...no. 'Cuz right then and there when Spider-Man was in the Baxter Building, Fury was at his office when Reed contacted him. So even if he had gone to the mansion, Fury wouldn't have been there at that time.

Ice said:
Eh...no. 'Cuz right then and there when Spider-Man was in the Baxter Building, Fury was at his office when Reed contacted him. So even if he had gone to the mansion, Fury wouldn't have been there at that time.

I didn't mean Fury was at the mansion right then. But she might have told Peter that Fury has the tendency to just dropped by unannounced.

Hi, I am a new user here and Im not very good with this language, but here goes my thought: it looks to me, since this issue, that Bendis's is even going to rewrite the origin of spider-man. One idea that came to me is that the spider that bited Peter was only a mediator to his powers.

Some clues: there is something wrong with Parker's blood... Reed didnt believe the **** and bull history of his Spider-man's origin...

Did anyone thought the same?

Stupendous Man said:
Hi, I am a new user here and Im not very good with this language, but here goes my thought: it looks to me, since this issue, that Bendis's is even going to rewrite the origin of spider-man. One idea that came to me is that the spider that bited Peter was only a mediator to his powers.

Some clues: there is something wrong with Parker's blood... Reed didnt believe the **** and bull history of his Spider-man's origin...

Welcome!

Cool avatar!

:D

Stupendous Man said:

Ugh.

Let's not go the Stracinsky road so soon!

Peter only said he's been bit by a spider, nothing more. Of course Reed didn't believe that. He needs more info to understand what happened. What Peter said is the same as if Captain America said he got his powers from a syringe.

Last edited:
Stupendous Man said:

cough*TheOther*cough

I hope not.

thee great one said:
cough*TheOther*cough

I hope not.

*runs screaming*

The Other is right up there with Ultimate Deadpool and Ultimate Iron Man as the worst stories of all time.

E said:
*runs screaming*

The Other is right up there with Ultimate Deadpool and Ultimate Iron Man as the worst stories of all time.

Agreed. Can we ban him for a poor start and make him try all over again? :lol:

I'm kidding people.....................unless you gonna do it. :lol:

Last edited:
Well he wasnt going after the other angle TGO just assumed that, he was just saying what if there was something more to his origin than what we saw. . Which is a good idea in theory and was massacre with the other.

Latest posts

Back