Ultimate Spider-Man #98 Spoilers

the watcher

Ultimate Spider-Man #89 much better than the last issue. It starts off with Reed Richards handing Johnny a test tube of water. Johnny takes a sip. Johnny: It's water. I can see the healine: Doctor Reed Richards, leader of the world famous Fantastic Four, discovered water. Nobel committee in energency session. Reed: I made it from my urine. I saw Mariner (Water World) do it and I wondered if it could be done. :lol: As Sue, Johnny, & Ben yelled at reed. Spidey jumps on to the window with the Scorpion Clone in hand. Reed: "SPIDER-MAN DON'T!", Spidey gets shocked. He wakes up with the Fantastic Four standing over him. Spidey asks if he can trust Reed. Johnny: Dude, I told you after that thing that time- I owe you huge. Reed: Yes of Course. Spidey: I need to know who this is. Reed: We could do a blood test. Spidey: Can you do it without telling anyone? Reed: Tell anyone? Spidey: Can you do it so Nick Fury soesn't know you're doing it? Reed does the test and it matchest Peter Parker 94.2 match. Peter says that can't be. He rips off his mask and says I'm Peter Parker. Later Peter swings home and Aunt May says MJ missing. Peter runs over to the Watson's house. Mary Watson asks Peter if he's seen MJ. They go up to her room. You can see hand and foot prints outside the window. Peter runs to MJ and his special place. Where he runs into Spider-Girl. Peter yells at her to give back MJ. Spider-Girl says she doesn't have her. Peter attacks her. She easily dodges his attack. She knocks him out and says: "I shouldn't have come here. This was my fault. I just had to see this for real. I'll get them back for you, Peter. I'll do it for all of us. We didn't deserve this. She swings off. Peter wakes up, and thinks maybe MJ sneaked into his old house. He jumps overthere and saw a figure go in. He goes in and see's Gwen. Gwen: You Moved? When did you move. Next scene we see MJ waking up. She's in some kind of glass cage. A shadowy figure comes forward and says. Don't do that MJ. Just calm down. MJ: Peter? Peter!!?? What are you doing? Clone: I know how to protect you. I should have thought of this years ago. MJ: Peter, I want out of this! Why did you do this!!?? Clone: Shh! It's okay. I'm going to make sure no one hurts you ever agian. MJ: STOP IT! LET ME OUT!! WERE ARE WE??!! Next page you hear a scream as we're looking at the old Oscorp building.

Oh, and if you look at the news letter you see a letter from Luis Casiano (a.k.a. Ice).

the watcher said:
Ultimate Spider-Man #89 much better than the last issue. It starts off with Reed Richards handing Johnny a test tube of water. Johnny takes a sip. Johnny: It's water. I can see the healine: Doctor Reed Richards, leader of the world famous Fantastic Four, discovered water. Nobel committee in energency session. Reed: I made it from my urine. I saw Mariner (Water World) do it and I wondered if it could be done. :lol: As Sue, Johnny, & Ben yelled at reed. Spidey jumps on to the window with the Scorpion Clone in hand. Reed: "SPIDER-MAN DON'T!", Spidey gets shocked. He wakes up with the Fantastic Four standing over him. Spidey asks if he can trust Reed. Johnny: Dude, I told you after that thing that time- I owe you huge. Reed: Yes of Course. Spidey: I need to know who this is. Reed: We could do a blood test. Spidey: Can you do it without telling anyone? Reed: Tell anyone? Spidey: Can you do it so Nick Fury soesn't know you're doing it? Reed does the test and it matchest Peter Parker 94.2 match. Peter says that can't be. He rips off his mask and says I'm Peter Parker. Later Peter swings home and Aunt May says MJ missing. Peter runs over to the Watson's h
ouse. Mary Watson asks Peter if he's seen MJ. They go up to her room. You can see hand and foot prints outside the window. Peter runs to MJ and his special place. Where he runs into Spider-Girl. Peter yells at her to give back MJ. Spider-Girl says she doesn't have her. Peter attacks her. She easily dodges his attack. She knocks him out and says: "I shouldn't have come here. This was my fault. I just had to see this for real. I'll get them back for you, Peter. I'll do it for all of us. We didn't deserve this. She swings off. Peter wakes up, and thinks maybe MJ sneaked into his old house. He jumps overthere and saw a figure go in. He goes in and see's Gwen. Gwen: You Moved? When did you move. Next scene we see MJ waking up. She's in some kind of glass cage. A shadowy figure comes forward and says. Don't do that MJ. Just calm down. MJ: Peter? Peter!!?? What are you doing? Clone: I know how to protect you. I should have thought of this years ago. MJ: Peter, I want out of this! Why did you do this!!?? Clone: Shh! It's okay. I'm going to make sure no one hurts you ever agian. MJ: STOP IT! LET ME OUT!! WERE ARE WE??!! Next page you hear a scream as we're looking at the old Oscorp building.

Oh, and if you look at the news letter you see a letter from Luis Casiano (a.k.a. Ice).

What did Ice's letter say? What was their response?

Sacred&Profane said:
What did Ice's letter say? What was their response?

QUOTE: Dear Ultimate Office, A few weeks ago. I met Mr. John Barber at the Wizard World Philladeophia Convention (excuse me for using "Mr." as it's something I just do automatically). During one of the panels, someone had asked where certain comics take place, comtinuity and timeline-wise, and Mr. Barber had said he would prepare a timeline. After the panel, I explained to him that one was already made by one of the fans over at www.utimatecentral.com. I'm on that site myself under the member name "Ice". I am a moderator over the whole site.

For the timeline, here is the exact page where it begins: http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4231
Hopefully you guys can use this timeline for helpful uses. Please pass this on to Mr. Barber as well, and let him know that the fan who talked to him about it is me, so he remembers. thank you for listening to some fan
Luis Casiano

Barber: Hey Mr. Casiano, call me John-only the tax man calls me Mr. Barber, and he's just being sarcastic. But thanks a lot for your time and efforts on the website!

Last edited:
If that's the surprise, I'm disappointed, Ice. :(

So, the banter with the Fantastic Four was great, but everything after was substantially lame. Oh no! Evil Peter Parker!

First I just want to tell Ice good work on putting the site more on the map than it already is. I believe we're recognized but people are scared of us. :twisted: But again, nice job Ice.

On to the issue.

You know what sucks?

This is good. I disagree with Watcher about this issue being better in the beginning because the whole MJ/Peter stuff is the best part about Bendis' USM right now. But both issues have been pretty solid. The only problem is the glue keeping the good parts together are these terrible revealations. Clone Peter, Gwen, Mysterious Spider-Woman whose probably female Peter... Children's tactics that I think if done differently instead of tossing 5 Peter clones at us would make a better impact on the title. Yeah, I know it's called Clone Saga but clones are lame. I still think Scorpion is ruined further down the road. Not now, it makes sense and it's cool but long term I think this stuff is pretty ridiculous.

I wonder how far into this Oscorp is though. Was that a Peter Clone at the end who was running the show at the origin of what is now Spider-Man's life? I hope we see Norman somewhere.

I won't rate it. It's good but I'm holding off. It's too much of a predictable pattern. Good story, reveal, good story, reveal, good story, etc....

I have to say the best part was Peter unmasking himself to the FF. The fact that it really showed how scared and young Peter is and what kind've game he's involved was done pretty well there. Credit to Bagley for the upset look on Parker's face and Bendis for the story.

ProjectX2 said:
If that's the surprise, I'm disappointed, Ice. :(
Well, that's not what I expected to see, either.

Still...surprise everyone! This is something we've been holding off as a litte easter egg for all of you since June, actually. :)

Last edited:
This was a pretty good issue. It looks as if Bendis was saving all the good stuff for this arc.

But doesn't the F4 already know who Spiderman is? I thought this was established by the UMTU issues featuring them. So why were they all suprised?

Victor Von Doom said:
But doesn't the F4 already know who Spiderman is? I thought this was established by the UMTU issues featuring them. So why were they all suprised?
I assume you mean the USM Special, since that's where we're having continuity problems. UMTU #9 is not in continuity.

Welcome, VVD! :lol:

Last edited:
Ice said:
I assume you mean the USM Special, since that's where we're having continuity problems. UMTU #9 is not in continuity.

Welcome, VVD! :lol:

Well pardon me for not checking the magic timeline. :lol:

How cool is it to have the site mentioned in the letters page. Huge thanks to Ice for writing the letter and, as always, to DIB for the timeline. No doubt it's a big draw. Very cool stuff.

On to the issue - it was good. This could change depending on what is made of this mystery Spider-Babe, or Mr. Blondie who kidnapped MJ, but so far so good. I've been looking forward to this arc and so far it hasn't disappointed.

I enjoyed the scenes with the UFF too, whether or not it causes a continuity problem. Sort of reminiscent of Amazing Spider-Man #1 (I think). The pee-into-water was pretty funny.

So...3.75/5. So far so good.

What happens in the Anti-Scoop thread, stays in the Anti-Scoop thread

I read this issue (a gasp is heard as Houde admits he read something other than the Ultimates), and I like how it flowed. I think the last two arcs were simply filler for this one.

Still waiting to see how Morbius ties into this whole thing though

I really hope that we get ultimate ben reilly back by issue 100 like Bendis promised us, I know that this arc is pretty much wraping up the big conspiracy sinse USM ! and showing what Ben did with the Parker sample #2 but i want ben to have more of a character and not be one of those characters that had such potential but were ruined like so many of Bendis Characters.

E said:
The pee-into-water was pretty funny.

I am actually emabarassed to say that as soon as Reed said "Mariner" I knew immediately who/what he was talking about. :oops:

The one thing I am annoyed by is the mystery talk that Scorpion and Spider-Girl are doing. It reminds me of Whedon's Buffy when Spike was rambling one like a psycho....but he was actually talking to the First. I didn't like it then.....and I don't like it now.

Victor Von Doom said:
I am actually emabarassed to say that as soon as Reed said "Mariner" I knew immediately who/what he was talking about. :oops:

So did I. I didn't think it was such a bad movie, either.

:scared:

E said:
So did I. I didn't think it was such a bad movie, either.

:scared:

Shhhh.....we secret fans of the film do not discuss the film in public. Just a warning for now....but next time "The Hunters" will come for you. :shifty:

I did enjoy the coloring. The art really seemed to shine during the F4 scenes.

Victor Von Doom said:
Shhhh.....we secret fans of the film do not discuss the film in public. Just a warning for now....but next time "The Hunters" will come for you. :shifty:

I did enjoy the coloring. The art really seemed to shine during the F4 scenes.

Are you guys talking about Water World with retard Costner?

Latest posts

Back