Ultimate Spider-Man bores me now

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #87 Discussion (Spoilers)

Ultimate Spider-Man bores me now. Why? Because we need a new team on this. We need something new and refreshing. I want someone new to write this.

ProjectX2 said:
Ultimate Spider-Man bores me now. Why? Because we need a new team on this. We need something new and refreshing. I want someone new to write this.
Too bad that's not gonna happen.

Last edited:

ProjectX2 said:

The book bores you because we need a new team on it? That doesn't make any sense. Maybe you mean we need a new team on it because the book bores you?

What's boring about the book? I think it's back to form after Warriors and what we've seen so far of Silver Sable.

Sweet, Ice made this a new thread to discuss the boringness of USM. Bass and Moony, where are are thou?

I must continue picking up the trades though. Someday my Ultimate collection will be badass and will be worth a lot.

I hope it doesn't drop in price because of USM...

ProjectX2 said:
Sweet, Ice made this a new thread to discuss the boringness of USM.

It was me.

UltimateE said:
It was me.

Same thing. We all know you're Hitler clones!

But yes, the main reason I like the other Ultimate titles is because we're getting different writers and artists versions of the characters, while with Spider-Man, we've only had Bendis'.

ProjectX2 said:
Same thing. We all know you're Hitler clones!

But yes, the main reason I like the other Ultimate titles is because we're getting different writers and artists versions of the characters, while with Spider-Man, we've only had Bendis'.
Is Bendis slated to stay on the title past the 109 issues record that Kirby and Lee established?

i friggin hope so. if he gets booted off, millar will take over, and wreck peter's life and have all of spider-man's villains use petnames and the insult of "cow"

ourchair said:
Is Bendis slated to stay on the title past the 109 issues record that Kirby and Lee established?

And they said they're staying on. They're NOT going to leave.

But that's the thing I dont like much about the other titles, is new writers and artists. I know its "fresh" for the title, but not a big fan of it.

ourchair said:

I think Bendis has up to 120 planned. My take? It's the weakest of the four mainstream Ultimate book, but that's not to say it's isn't enjoyable. The current arc is intresting, although I don't paricularly like Silver Sable (Didn't like her in the game either). I'm looking foward to Deadpool and The Parker Legacy arcs, though.

A new team? You know, I think after Bendis and Bags break the record, they should hand it over to another team. But, for the time being, it's not going to happen.

i still really like the book, there are a lot of story idea's that haven't been used, which has annoyed me, but you can't have everything.

the next couple of years look really exciting!

Its boring you? but theres so many good arcs coming up. And warriors was great. I hope Bendis never leaves this title. This is my favourite of the 4 ultimate titles

The problem isn't a team staying too long. Not enough teams do that anymore and we get filler arcs that don't actualy change anything, just a (hopefuly) decent story. I mean BKVs run on UXM was great, but it seemed to me like he was setting things up for the seemingly forever distant Singer run (seriously ,its been like what, 2 years? Just cancel it already.). Likewise Warren Ellis on UFF was just him having a bit of fun and getting a paycheck. Not really moving a whole lot forward. Without a long term run nothing can ever really be resolved.

Nurhachi said:
Its boring you? but theres so many good arcs coming up. And warriors was great. I hope Bendis never leaves this title. This is my favourite of the 4 ultimate titles

:sure: Did your read Ultimates 2 #9?

But yeah, the title has improved... with one arc. I'm not praising Bendis yet. But he does have the best coming up. Deadpool. :twisted:

This title will always have a soft spot with me because it was the first Ultimate book, the one that started it all. It's hard to complain about it because without its success, we might never had had The Ultimates.

And while not all of the arcs are mind-blowing (The first 5 I thought were incredible, Venom to Ultimate Six was adequate, Cats & Kings to Hobgoblin was overall subpar for the series, but I enjoyed Warriors greatly), they all had their sense of fun to them.

I really don't know what the point is that I'm trying to make, I guess just that the title had great things in the past, so we should all have hope for the future.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's boring... I think they are going for something new right now with all the relationship drama. I want to see what happens.

I think Bendis just needs to take it back to where the title used to be. The title used to create interesting characters with diverse backgrounds and even more interesting and promising futures. After Carnage, an arc where I think Bendis took a little too much of his liberty for granted, it became this "Marvel Team-Up, Peter's sick of himself" book. Where's the fun in all of this? Maybe you shouldn't have killed Gwen, Bendis. Something like killing of a supporting character is going to send the other characters for a loop... I do believe that Gwen's death was poorly timed and having the Wolverine Team-Up following it definitely ruined the severity of it all. Bendis needed Peter and MJ to break up to bring the mood back. I, too, think that was a mistake on his part. So, what needs to be done? While I do think a new team would be cool, Bendis is fine, so long as he corrects his mistakes. I mean, like, take Kingpin for example. Where was he before Warriors? Grieving over his ailing wife, right? Hmm... That turned his character around from his first appearance. COOL! Now, in Warriors, Kingpin was just a businessman. That's not interesting now that you've introduced a new side to the character. And JJ Jameson? His son was killed, died a hero, so he has something against tights. Where have we seen him after that? No where but in the office, to get a plot going. Let the characters tell the story and we don't need a new team, that's what I say.

I want to see more shorter arcs.

Latest posts

Back