Ultimate Spiderman #94 (Spoilers)

DIrishB said:
And allowing Michael Jackson to baby-sit your children is an Ultimate **** up.

Anyway, perhaps in an upcoming arc of UXM Rogue "magically" gets powers more akin to her 616 version. Who knows? Or someone just ****ed up. One of the two.

Maybe Iceman dies along with The Magician and that's why they're not in this arc either.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Maybe Iceman dies along with The Magician and that's why they're not in this arc either.
Wouldn't it be great if Bendis called Kirkman and said: (in a Bill Lumberg voice) "Umm, yeah... I may have made a little mistake in USM and I might need you to go ahead and make a few changes in your title so it makes sense. Yeah... I'm gonna need you to kill off Iceman and Magician and give Rogue new powers, so if you could go ahead and do that, that would be real great..."

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Honest mistake? :noway:

I think Iceman in the helicopter was the honest mistake and the Rogue thing is something that we don't know of, and Bendis is teasing us about Rogue's future in UXM.

Last edited:
cmdrjanjalani said:
I think Iceman in the helicopter was the honest mistake and the Rogue thing is something that we don't know of, and Bendis is teasing us about Rogue's future in UXM.

I think we should be so lucky.

I think it was just that Bagely needed to draw a bunch of action on the page with as many X-Men as he could. But to draw Iceman all powered up and ice-sliding everywhere would've just made the panels too busy. So he left them out and just drew Rogue in classic positions we've seen her in during the 90s.

Random said:
Oh you mean the powers she used in other comics for the past 20+ years?

In 616 comics? Maybe so, but that doesn't have anything to do with Ultimate.

I agree with MwoF - it's a pretty huge and glaring mistake if that's indeed what it is. And that's exactly what it seems to be...to suggest that Bendis is giving us a hint of something is quite a reach.

TheManWithoutFear said:
A "mistake" is Rogue useing her left hand when she's a righty. Giving her the wrong powers is a **** up.

Exactly.

vintsukka said:
Wouldn't it be great if Bendis called Kirkman and said: (in a Bill Lumberg voice) "Umm, yeah... I may have made a little mistake in USM and I might need you to go ahead and make a few changes in your title so it makes sense. Yeah... I'm gonna need you to kill off Iceman and Magician and give Rogue new powers, so if you could go ahead and do that, that would be real great..."

:lol:

I would have actually enjoyed this issue, had it not been for Rouge's incorrect powers. Ultimate Deadpool didn't bother me as much as it did other people, save for the whole skull-in-a-jar thing. I don't understand how that would make anyone more of a match for mutants.

c375c04b.jpg

Last edited:
Sacred&Profane said:
I would have actually enjoyed this issue, had it not been for Rouge's incorrect powers. Ultimate Deadpool didn't bother me as much as it did other people, save for the whole skull-in-a-jar thing. I don't understand how that would make anyone more of a match for mutants.

c375c04b.jpg

Armour against nasty mutant energy beams? Maybe.

I dunno.

Worst. Arc. Ever.

Deadpool sucked. Where was Spider-Man's spider-sense when he was shot? The dialogue was boring. And the Rogue thing...

I hope Moribus is better.

D

Hmm, despite the opinions of what seems to be the majority, I liked this issue.

The rogue thing kind of irked me too, but I didn't care too much. It definately felt like a cross over, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I like the kitty relationship way more then Mj. I am so sick and tired of Mj and if they don't go back for a good long time, then that's fine with me. Spidey is too young to be "married" and needs to meet more then one or two girls. Kid needs to get around.

Deadpool was definately not what I thought, despite not being a deadpool fan or reading much of his comics - although I am well aware of his humor. It occured to me, that maybe Bendis did that on purpose and since he got all screwed up in the end, perhaps when he makes his come back he'll be all messed up in the head and perhaps be..you know, funny. That's how I'd do it at least. Little character developement.

I was pretty psyched at the end. I am in the handful of people who liked Ben Reilly and the clone saga. That's awesome, aunt may dating the jackal. Although I was, at the same time, looking forward to seeing Spidey spill his guts.

"She's not in the garage." At four thirty in the morning? No kidding. What the hell would she be doing in the garage, unless hanging from a rafter? That line made me laugh.

I just noticed this

Aunt mays dateduring the whole Deadpool thing; Professor Miles Warren, the Hypnotist/Therapist of Ultimate Harry Osborn, and the 616 version of The Jackal.

Do you think it migth have something to do with the Ultimate Clone saga?

Re: I just noticed this

well he WAS the man behind the whole clone saga before. well not really bu he made the clones and did all of normans dirty work. but i tell you norman had better have a BIG part in the ultimate clone saga. Not just a "oh this is who he was talking to on the phone i hope the fans are happy now"

Latest posts

Back