Ultimate Thor - influence & inspiration

DigiEmissary said:
I only have one mother. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :wink:

Also, you'll notice that all the definitions I posted refer to God, the supernatural or unknown, and/or faith (things that are related and about as "clear-cut" as it gets), whereas jtg's was some pseudo-philosophical comment on atheism. Not believing in God is not the same thing as believing in some sort of "no God."

Also, what's the third thing? Religion, politics and...?
But if you're entirely sure there's no god or gods or goddess or whatnot, then surely that means you do have a clear cut set of beliefs about how the things that most people turn to religion for actually work. The meaning of life, what happens when you die, etc. Ergo, you have religion.

jtg3885 said:
But if you're entirely sure there's no god or gods or goddess or whatnot, then surely that means you do have a clear cut set of beliefs about how the things that most people turn to religion for actually work. The meaning of life, what happens when you die, etc. Ergo, you have religion.

Logicial fallacies are fun! :roll:

The definition of religion is a set of beliefs regarding one or more deities. People may use religion as their explanation for "the meaning of life," "what happens when you die," etc, but that doesn't make it the definition of religion.

Also, there is no "meaning of life," and what happens when I die is that my brain stops sending out organized electrical impulses, causing organ failure and cell destruction.

That's from an analitical stand point... To say that there's nothing more than a brain is both narrow-mindedness and nonsense. I'm terribly sorry if I'm coming off as offensive because, believe me, that's the last thing I want to be doing, I just don't think you can accept the fact that all you are is dust in the wind, so to speak.

Goodwill said:
I just don't think you can accept the fact that all you are is dust in the wind, so to speak.

Thats a traditional sign of insecurity. You just need to get yourself some faith. Not necessarily in a god or goddess or gods. Just some faith.

Even a sand grain can be special sometimes, there is always one that goes to your eyes and hurts a lot. So even if you are just one more person in the crowd it doesnt mean you cannot change something. One life affects many others, either for good or for worst it is still a change and thats when you stop being just a dust in the wind.
I feel poethic today lol

Goodwill said:
That's from an analitical stand point... To say that there's nothing more than a brain is both narrow-mindedness and nonsense. I'm terribly sorry if I'm coming off as offensive because, believe me, that's the last thing I want to be doing, I just don't think you can accept the fact that all you are is dust in the wind, so to speak.

And yet i've done just that. Seems like you're the one who can't accept it.

Anyways, getting back to Thor...

David Icke is the inspiration of Thor. his books helped influence Millar's storylines for this series. Reality warping gods? 4th-dimensional time jumping reptilian shape shifters? the name Chitauri? And someone having a breakdown, then proclaiming that they achieved godhood? Check his site and books. Makes me glad I'm an Objectivist! :mrgreen:

onenewquestion said:
David Icke is the inspiration of Thor. his books helped influence Millar's storylines for this series. Reality warping gods? 4th-dimensional time jumping reptilian shape shifters? the name Chitauri? And someone having a breakdown, then proclaiming that they achieved godhood? Check his site and books. Makes me glad I'm an Objectivist! :mrgreen:
I answered your question earlier in this thread when you asked us to "impress you", onq :D :
http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=36382&postcount=28

Caduceus said:
Thats a traditional sign of insecurity. You just need to get yourself some faith. Not necessarily in a god or goddess or gods. Just some faith.

Damn Straight!

And David Icke was the idea behind Thor? Oh my!!:D
David Icke has some fine points of view, but really, there are levels when possibility become flamboyant ridiculousness, and he crosses it often.
David Icke really did believe he was Christ at one point during his midlife crisis, but I never really saw Thor in that role. I did see him within that line of possibility, just. (For the Universe we are dealing with of course)

Latest posts

Back