Ultimate Thor origin theory.

Goodwill said:
I was actually canning Ice's idea because, if he were imaginary, he couldn't banish that bomb to somewhere else imaginary that's not right.

WOAH!! Hold on there GW! I didn't say it was my idea. I sais it was a theory. Just a thought that popped in my head. I don't actually go with it myself.

Besides, he could have been imaginary at first, then became real. Again, it was just a thought that came to me.

longshotjimlee said:
Unless he is powerful but also an illusionist

even an illusionist couldnt get rid of a bomb capable of duking out the world.. nope.. it go byebye

The reason why I'm saying the theory is because in the Earth X series, teh Norse Gods were belived real. As in once people believed them to really exist, they really existed. So it's as if a thought beacame reality. And that's what I'm trying to say here.

Once again, it is a theory. I don't actually believe it myself, because it was just a thought that popped in my head.

icemastertron said:
The reason why I'm saying the theory is because in the Earth X series, teh Norse Gods were belived real. As in once people believed them to really exist, they really existed. So it's as if a thought beacame reality. And that's what I'm trying to say here.

Once again, it is a theory. I don't actually believe it myself, because it was just a thought that popped in my head.

If you don't believe in it Ice then it can't exist, (using your own theory).

But I believe that children are the future! :wink:

longshotjimlee said:
If you don't believe in it Ice then it can't exist, (using your own theory).

Just because I don't believe in it doesn't mean it's not true. How many times do I have to say IT WAS JUST A THOUGHT!

If you want it that way fine! I belive in it! You happy now?! :x

Hey ice, chill!!!

I was just using your THOUGHT to highlight that it isn't just that you have to believe in something for it to be true but you also have to believe in yourself, and as it was just a THOUGHT you were expressing rather than a belief, then from your perspective it can't be true however from someone else's perspective it could be true if they believed in the concept and also believed in themselves for if you don't believe in yourself then you to cease to exist.

I was backing you up man.

Now, back to the normal board member teasing, I need to find somebody shorter than me to pick on...

Goody, where are ya! :lol:

longshotjimlee said:
Hey ice, chill!!!

I was just using your THOUGHT to highlight that it isn't just that you have to believe in something for it to be true but you also have to believe in yourself, and as it was just a THOUGHT you were expressing rather than a belief, then from your perspective it can't be true however from someone else's perspective it could be true if they believed in the concept and also believed in themselves for if you don't believe in yourself then you to cease to exist.

I was backing you up man.

I'm sorry LSJL. I read your post wrong. I just get carried away sometimes. Sorry again. :oops:

longshotjimlee said:
BAD JOKE POLICE TO ULTIMATE CENTRAL... NOW!!!

baby%20police.jpg

Just out of curiosity, UltimateE, is the Bad Joke Cop a family member of yours? :)

UltimateE said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Millar address some questions about Thor's godhood but never really answer the question about what he is. Some things are best left unsaid. Why ruin the character?
While I wouldn't mind leaving Thor something of a mystery, I would like more background on him than we have right now. (To be honest, what I really, really want is an hour alone with the S.H.I.E.L.D. dossier on him that Bruce Banner was waving around back in Norway.... :twisted: ) I'm dying to do a fan fic with this character, but I don't feel I have enough solid information to do a good job on it, and I don't want to second-guess what's going to happen in Ultimates 2.

Some of the questions I'd kind of like answered, just for my own amusement:

What name actually appears on Thor's birth certificate? (Does he even have a birth certificate? If so, from what year?) What's his family background? Does he have parents? Orphaned? Married? Kids? (According to Norse mythology, he does have a wife and children, but I'm not sure that really counts here. Mark Millar seems to be exercising a lot of poetic license with this character.)

What kind of medical training does he actually have? Banner referred to him as a nurse, but someone on another message board called him a paramedic. Does he have a degree? Two years? Four years? Where and when did he get his education?

Is he really of Norwegian descent, or did he just happen to be in Norway when Fury and Banner went to talk to him? Is the place where they met him a permanent encampment for his followers, or just a place where everyone gathered after the protest rally he mentioned?

Who publishes Thor's books and what was the reaction when s/he received a manuscript from someone claiming to be a Norse god?

*Sigh* I've been trying very hard to stay off this particular topic, since it's one of those subjects upon which I could expound for hours, heaven help us....

Seldes Katne said:
Just out of curiosity, UltimateE, is the Bad Joke Cop a family member of yours? :)

Haha - nope, just a random pic I found. :D

Seldes Katne said:
While I wouldn't mind leaving Thor something of a mystery, I would like more background on him than we have right now.

I agree absolutely - I should have clarified.

Seldes Katne said:
What kind of medical training does he actually have? Banner referred to him as a nurse, but someone on another message board called him a paramedic.

I've never seen him referred to as a paramedic in any comic or interview, at least not that I remember. In the Ultimates they say he's a nurse several times.

Seldes Katne said:
What name actually appears on Thor's birth certificate? (Does he even have a birth certificate? If so, from what year?) What's his family background? Does he have parents? Orphaned? Married? Kids? (According to Norse mythology, he does have a wife and children, but I'm not sure that really counts here. Mark Millar seems to be exercising a lot of poetic license with this character.)

SPOILER WARNING

Well, in the first issue it has been mentioned that his father is Odin. And that his brother Loki is out from where ever he was being held.

UltimateE said:
I've never seen him referred to as a paramedic in any comic or interview, at least not that I remember. In the Ultimates they say he's a nurse several times.

I'd never heard the paramedic part either, which made me wonder if the person posting it had access to information I hadn't seen before. Apparently not.

SPOILER WARNING

Well, in the first issue it has been mentioned that his father is Odin. And that his brother Loki is out from where ever he was being held.

See, this is one of the things you don't want to get me started about. In Norse mythology, Loki is Odin's brother, not Thor's. So is Thor in the Ultimates confused on several levels, or is Millar playing fast and loose with the mythology? (Or is the Thor/Loki brother thing an established part of the 616 MU, and that's what Millar is basing it on?) Is it a clue, or a red herring? :?

What I was really referring to with the birth certificate was Thor's presumed Earthly family. He mentions "known who I was since I was twelve", so I'm guessing he's had some sort of family life here on Earth at some point in the not terribly distant past. (Grrrr, who do I have to talk to to get my hands on that dossier!?)

:)

Seldes Katne said:

SPOILER WARNING

(Or is the Thor/Loki brother thing an established part of the 616 MU, and that's what Millar is basing it on?) Is it a clue, or a red herring? :?

In the 616 verse, Loki is Thor's adopted brother.

XTFLyons said:
In real Norse Mythology Loki wasn't even related to Thor on any terms... Loki was son of a Giant who were the god's enemies and for some unkown reason swore brotherhood with Odin allowing him to come and go from Asgard.
You're right, it was some sort of blood-brother or blood oath thing, wasn't it? So there really was no biological relationship at all. (Now I've gotta go home and dig out my copy of Kevin Crossley-Holland's The Norse Myths and read up on it....) However, I remember that the blood-brother relationship was between Loki and Odin, at any rate.

icemastertron said:
In the 616 verse, Loki is Thor's adopted brother.
Okay, maybe that's where it's coming from, then.

On to the next mystery.... :)

Latest posts

Back