Ultimate Thor revealed as a god, good or bad?

The Overlord

Did you like when Thor was revealed as god? Did you think they should have stayed with whether he is crazy or not question longer?

It needed to happen some time. You can only milk the ambiguity so long before the other shoe has to drop. I feel like, if he wasn't revealed as a god, then there needed to be a twist to it that was equally compelling and opened up a mythology so that the character could stand on his own.

I don't like the execution of it though. Giant trolls invading Earth seemed a little too pedestrian an answer for me. It needs to be more than just "Nordic Gods Invade Earth". It needs a sick Millar twist on the whole concept of Nordic Gods. The gods themselves need to be ultimized.

Last edited:
It needed to happen some time. You can only milk the ambiguity so long before the other shoe has to drop. I feel like, if he wasn't revealed as a god, then there needed to be a twist to it that was equally compelling and opened up a mythology so that the character could stand on his own.

I don't like the execution of it though. Giant trolls invading Earth seemed a little too pedestrian an answer for me. It needs to be more than just "Nordic Gods Invade Earth". It needs a sick Millar twist on the whole concept of Nordic Gods. The gods themselves need to be ultimized.

Most of the gods wouldn't invade Midgard though.

In any event, it seems like Loeb has dropped the ball with Thor giving him the "thee, thou" speech.

If anyone had to do it, I'm glad it was Millar and not Loeb.

Did you like when Thor was revealed as god? Did you think they should have stayed with whether he is crazy or not question longer?

I was against the idea of it ever happening, but when it was done I thought it was done perfectly.

If anyone had to do it, I'm glad it was Millar and not Loeb.

Amen to that.

Did they ever explain why Loeb has Thor talking like big ole dumb cosplayer and Millar doesn't?

It had to happen. And I'm glad Millar and Hitch did it instead of say...Loeb and Mad.

Last edited:
Most of the gods wouldn't invade Midgard though.

I didn't say they would. All I'm saying is, if Millar's going to peel back the veil and show us the Ultimate gods of Asgard, there should be a new and powerful twist to them. A bunch of big ogres pouring out onto Earth was just sort of a disappointing reveal to me.

I didn't say they would. All I'm saying is, if Millar's going to peel back the veil and show us the Ultimate gods of Asgard, there should be a new and powerful twist to them. A bunch of big ogres pouring out onto Earth was just sort of a disappointing reveal to me.
I'm sure those were just monsters around Asgard that the gods have faced and decided to put on earth to help Thor.

The reason why Millar used them and not the gods (which ties into my previous post) is because Loeb is the one who wants to actually show us "Ultimate" Asgard with the "Ultimate" versions of the Asgardians.

I'm sure those were just monsters around Asgard that the gods have faced and decided to put on earth to help Thor.

The reason why Millar used them and not the gods (which ties into my previous post) is because Loeb is the one who wants to actually show us "Ultimate" Asgard with the "Ultimate" versions of the Asgardians.

:roll:

Oh boy. I can't wait.

We probably won't get anything new with Thor considering the current direction of the UU.

Latest posts

Back