Ultimate Venom

I just don't think we're thinking characters out enough... We've had one Venom arc, and it was very well written (If not the best, one of the best for USM)... And now we leave him up to Ultimates? I'm not entirely in favor of that. He needs to be developed more as a USM villain first...

But he was only a villian becouse he couldnt control the suit and(if the game is canon) he has now full control of it and might become something of an anti-hero.

But he was only a villian becouse he couldnt control the suit and(if the game is canon) he has now full control of it and might become something of an anti-hero.

Exactly

I want to see him get his own series but this will do and make me buy all the ultimates i can only got first tpb so i got like 3 to buy right?

No-one at all with connections to Marvel has said Venom will be on th Ultimates team, this is strange out-of-nowhere speculation based on that one promo image by Mad of Black Panther punching him. Which, one would think, makes it more likely that he'll be a villain.

Which is good, as anti-hero Venom sucks pretty hard.

No-one at all with connections to Marvel has said Venom will be on th Ultimates team, this is strange out-of-nowhere speculation based on that one promo image by Mad of Black Panther punching him. Which, one would think, makes it more likely that he'll be a villain.

Which is good, as anti-hero Venom sucks pretty hard.

Venom Has always be sorta of an Anti-Hero and wich is why the Venom fans love him the worst thing he wants to do is kill Spider-man..but he doesnt like hurting Inocent civilians he only kills thouse he wants to kill or he thinks deserve to die.

Now Scorpion Venom now he sucks.

Venom Has always be sorta of an Anti-Hero and wich is why the Venom fans love him the worst thing he wants to do is kill Spider-man..but he doesnt like hurting Inocent civilians he only kills thouse he wants to kill or he thinks deserve to die.

Any non-eddie venoms suck.

I also don't like any other symboite that much carnageand ultimate carnage are ok in small doses

Yeah, the key phrase there is people "HE THINKS" deserve to die. Sadly, he's a psychopath, so that tends to let him randomly off prison guards, security guards, civilians, anyone else who is getting in his way. Venom certainly doesn't have a highly developed sense of right and wrong just because he agrees we shouldn't kill babies and small children.

He's a good Spider-Man villain, as he provides an interesting counter-point to the hero, but let's not pretend he deserves things like solo comics or Avengers membership. The only kind of team setup Venom might work in is the one he's currently involved with in T-Bolts.

Yeah, the key phrase there is people "HE THINKS" deserve to die. Sadly, he's a psychopath, so that tends to let him randomly off prison guards, security guards, civilians, anyone else who is getting in his way. Venom certainly doesn't have a highly developed sense of right and wrong just because he agrees we shouldn't kill babies and small children.

He's a good Spider-Man villain, as he provides an interesting counter-point to the hero, but let's not pretend he deserves things like solo comics or Avengers membership. The only kind of team setup Venom might work in is the one he's currently involved with in T-Bolts.

Thats not Venom thats Gargan-Venom.

And he has had many mini series in the past...they where rather cool too.

You're logic is flawed. You're obviously aruging with a Venom fan-boy. You cannnot win.

I'm not saying I agree you with however.

Yeah, I have this one first issue of a Venom miniseries, where he fights carnage (who travels through computers somehow... ??) and in the first 4 pages, he slaughters 2 thugs. I mean literally tears into them. And it is actually well written. Hes just a crazy dude.

And THAT's why he's nothing but piece of crap character. Ever since they started that.

Last edited:
And THAT's why he's nothing but piece of crap character. Ever since they started that.

I disagree. Even when Ultimate Venom was introduced I never had the mindset that he was a "villain" It's an amoral kid powered up. How many of your (not directed at you Ice, but everyone) friends do you know who aren't the most saintly person but not necessarily "evil" if they had received this power would be sane and 'good' because of it?

I'm looking forward to see how Loeb handles this.

Last edited:
I disagree. Even when Ultimate Venom was introduced I never had the mindset that he was a "villain" It's an amoral kid powered up. How many of your (not directed at you Ice, but everyone) friends do you know who aren't the most saintly person but not necessarily "evil" if they had received this power would be sane and 'good' because of it?

I'm looking forward to see how Loeb handles this.

Perhaps, but name one good deed Eddie Jr. has committed. Eddie Jr. has always come off as a real creep (and he should stay thatway), he was hitting on a 15 year old for god's sakes, that goes well beyond "unsaintly". I see no evidence that there is any evidence of goodness in Eddie Jr. and I don't feel sorry for him.

Last edited:
I just think that Venom in The Ultimates is one of the stupidest ideas ever. He begun in USM, was forgotten about in USM, and now Loeb has to continue his story? I hope that this Venom thing never happens, and is just a poster to show what Mad can do.

Please, Marvel.

Perhaps, but name one good deed Eddie Jr. has committed. Eddie Jr. has always come off as a real creep (and he should stay thatway), he was hitting on a 15 year old for god's sakes, that goes well beyond "unsiantly". I see no evidence that there is any evidence of goodness in Eddie Jr. and I don't feel sorry for him.

Kill Trask?

Kill Trask?

You know you could be more clear by writing posts longer than 2 words.

What we have to refer to video game, which may not even be in canon. Really did Trask force Eddie to wear the costume? No, Eddie ruined his own life, all of Eddie's sins are his own fault, he his author of his own misfortunes, he is not a tragic victim of circumstance and he is not sympathetic.

I just think that Venom in The Ultimates is one of the stupidest ideas ever. He begun in USM, was forgotten about in USM, and now Loeb has to continue his story? I hope that this Venom thing never happens, and is just a poster to show what Mad can do.

Please, Marvel.

I *think* it was said in a recent Joe Fridays that Black Panther, Taskmaster and Venom would all be in Ultimates 3.

It you look at the picutre it clearly shows black panther and (i think) wasp attacking venom so that means he's a a villian he won't be on the team accoridng to that picture why would they be attacking one of their own members unless loeb is trying to copy millar which I don't think he is

It you look at the picutre it clearly shows black panther and (i think) wasp attacking venom so that means he's a a villian he won't be on the team accoridng to that picture why would they be attacking one of their own members unless loeb is trying to copy millar which I don't think he is

Or they recruit him after capturing him, giving him a second chance of sorts?

Latest posts

Back