Ultimate Venom

It you look at the picutre it clearly shows black panther and (i think) wasp attacking venom so that means he's a a villian he won't be on the team accoridng to that picture why would they be attacking one of their own members unless loeb is trying to copy millar which I don't think he is

You could always take a cue from Millar and try using punctuation.... just a suggestion.

As for the video game being in continuity, Bendis was saying it was up until the release of the game, and I'm pretty sure he said this was the case even AFTER the game was released. Then again, Bendis is an idiot. He may contradict the game, but he's just as likely to contradict an issue he's written before, and we can't just start writing USM issues out of continuity willy-nilly, can we? Not willy-nilly!

I really don't like the idea of Eddie joining the Ultimates (which is good, because I doubt it would happen). For one, he's a creep, and while it's perfectly plausible for him to have some sort of life changing experinece where he becomes a superhero, I think it would be a useless decision in the UU. It's just ground that doesn't need to be treaded on. It would be far more interesting to have Eddie just be the creep he's already proven himself to be: not a hero, not a villain, not an anti-hero - just a dude with ambiguous values who happens to have a symbiote bonded to himself. He should stay as a foil to Peter Parker. Parker is the exemplification of what happens when you have great power and take great responsibility for it. A lot of his opponents exemplify having great power and misusing it. I think Eddie is best suited as a mirror to Peter in that he has a common ancestry to Peter, he has similar powers, and he squanders them on pettiness. He should barely even be a blip on the radar, a petty creep with petty intentions and no eye for grand villainy. Second, he's way too much of a street level character for a team like the Ultimates.

Well, on the other hand, who says Eddie is Venom in the Ultimates? Or that he hasn't changed and become a completely evil person? Or maybe he's mind controlled or something? Or maybe he just happens to be doing something mildly villainous while the Ultimates are around for some other reason and they attack him. We have no idea and we won't for a long, long time apparently.

But he was only a villian becouse he couldnt control the suit and(if the game is canon) he has now full control of it and might become something of an anti-hero.

He was a villain because he resents Peter... The origin allowed Venom to become Peter's most personal nemesis. There is jealousy, hatredt, and a vague friendship all tied into the odd romance that is Venom. This needs to be further developed before he goes off and takes up another role in the UU. I don't see it as necessary to just pick up Venom and turn him into something he is not before properly thinking him out... You see, that's the problem with the UU now - if the character that a writer wants is available (For instance, Bendis writing Omega Red) they'll do it with little thought of where the character could go from there. That's what's going on with Venom and that makes me sad.

And THAT's why he's nothing but piece of crap character. Ever since they started that.

:x

Well his power is better than cooling Wolverine's coke :D That's right I went there. :lol:

I disagree. Even when Ultimate Venom was introduced I never had the mindset that he was a "villain" It's an amoral kid powered up. How many of your (not directed at you Ice, but everyone) friends do you know who aren't the most saintly person but not necessarily "evil" if they had received this power would be sane and 'good' because of it?

I'm looking forward to see how Loeb handles this.

Agreed.

Even Spider-man who is a good guy and is use to stuff like using powers for good could not control the suit properly so someone who had a harder to control version and was not use to "great power great responsibility" would loose himself to the suit.

Last edited:
I think that it would not be such a bad thing to have Venom make an appearance in the Ultimates, but not go as far as join the team. Having him make an appearance could solve some things as to the placing of the USM game, and could allow for more of his character to be seen.

Last edited:
I think after silver sable arc...i consider the USM game retconned out of continuity...but i think the same about usm super special...where the F4 find out who peter is but later when johnny is at school with him or in clone saga, they just seem to have forgotten. The writers always say they'll go back and fix continuity, but i think one of the last things i want is loeb to put in some flashback of venom giving silver sable amnesia or something just so the game fits in. But if we had him as a villain it'd be fine as long as he was henchman/small fry level and not criminal mastermind that plans the next grand theft america..having him in more than a few issues would seem out of place considering the type of threats ultimates deal with...

and as for having him on the team...the Mad sketch i saw has him fighting black panther...if venoms good that'd kinda mean black panthers bad...and i know UU is supposed to shake stuff up...but that'd just be silly. Panther will be good probably not on the team but he'll work with them at least and venom will be some lower level baddy

I think after silver sable arc...i consider the USM game retconned out of continuity...but i think the same about usm super special...where the F4 find out who peter is but later when johnny is at school with him or in clone saga, they just seem to have forgotten. The writers always say they'll go back and fix continuity, but i think one of the last things i want is loeb to put in some flashback of venom giving silver sable amnesia or something just so the game fits in. But if we had him as a villain it'd be fine as long as he was henchman/small fry level and not criminal mastermind that plans the next grand theft america..having him in more than a few issues would seem out of place considering the type of threats ultimates deal with...

and as for having him on the team...the Mad sketch i saw has him fighting black panther...if venoms good that'd kinda mean black panthers bad...and i know UU is supposed to shake stuff up...but that'd just be silly. Panther will be good probably not on the team but he'll work with them at least and venom will be some lower level baddy

Im sorry but Venom isnt a low level Baddy...

By Ultimates standards he is.

Thats Arguable since we havent seen Ult.Venom's full extent of his powers and if he's like his 616 counterpart then id say he'd be more than a match.

Im sorry but Venom isnt a low level Baddy...

Power-wise, no. In terms of everything else...yeah. He's boring. I hate the sybiotes and the stories that come from their annoying existence. I know that you're likely to disagree with me, and that's great.

But it doesn't look like they can mess up U3 anymore than they already have, so that's good.

Power-wise, no. In terms of everything else...yeah. He's boring. I hate the sybiotes and the stories that come from their annoying existence. I know that you're likely to disagree with me, and that's great.

But it doesn't look like they can mess up U3 anymore than they already have, so that's good.

Its,cool Personaly i always loved the Symbiote story's.Themn again i am a little bias since i prettymuch gre up loving Venom(and my forst action figure was a Venom action figure)

what the line up so far in U3 anyway...and what whit all the sequels cant we just call it Ultimates?

Latest posts

Back