Re: Ultimate Wednesday at Popculture.com

"He's going to put some blusher on my nose."

HA!

And well, a realistic action in Spiderman from Kitty

Still think she is the better person for Peter

And X-men looks interesting as well.

Interesting I say!

Okay, the idea of Kitty going to school with them is growing on me, although I eagerly await Bagley to leave the book (seems to me like he's phoning it in)...

I seriously wish this next issue focused entirely on Peter's school-life, with none of this Ultimate Knights... Just Kingpin and Spidey, and Spidey in school.

*sigh* the fact is, the last issue proved to me that I want to keep reading, but its still a lot of stupid story decisions.

Last edited:

Damn... UXM is on point. That preview leaves a lot open for development in the future. Can't wait to see where Kirkman takes the title from here.

I'm just not hyped.

USM looks to be a solid issue. Very realistic reaction from everyone if a celebrity mutant all of a sudden ended up in class. Although I'm still wondering why Peter's school and not somewhere else?

UXM........the writing is ok. Nothing special. But the art has got to go. Why does everyone have puckered fish lips? The only one who looks normal is Wolverine.

I wish I could say that I'm hyped.....but I'm just not. The UU is so subpar right now that it hurts. There are far better books out there. :(

UFF- Not much to say from that short preview.

USM- Never liked Kitty with Spider-Man. Maybe it's because she's an X-Man and I like keeping the X-Men in their own title, or more likely it's the deep down fear that Bendis will turn poor Kitty into Ultimate Tigershark or something else equally stupid that the world will love and proclaim to be genius. When it's just lazy shock writing.

TO SHOCK YOU!

UXM- I'm loving this book. Kirkman's gotten out of his funk and taking the book to cool places. Here's hoping Singer doesn't **** it up with his arc or two. When/if he gets the title.

UFF- Not much to say from that short preview.

USM- Never liked Kitty with Spider-Man. Maybe it's because she's an X-Man and I like keeping the X-Men in their own title, or more likely it's the deep down fear that Bendis will turn poor Kitty into Ultimate Tigershark or something else equally stupid that the world will love and proclaim to be genius. When it's just lazy shock writing.

TO SHOCK YOU!

UXM- I'm loving this book. Kirkman's gotten out of his funk and taking the book to cool places. Here's hoping Singer doesn't **** it up with his arc or two. When/if he gets the title.

Agreed.

I've said this before, but I hate the mixing of superheroes in Peter's everyday life, it's just getting ridiculus.

I think we just need to realize the good old days of USM are over and hopefully we'll get something different to enjoy from now on. I liked 106 and I like Kitty and I'm ready to just move forward now. At least we're seeing the school again.

wow. I can't wait till tmmrw.
While I am not a fan of Kitty in USM, if nothing else, those five pages were enough to show me that she does not fit into Peter Parker's life. Spider-man's maybe, but not Peter's without giving his secret away. And Kong and Flash and Liz's reaction..saw that coming from a mile away. Excellent writing, can't wait to see the issue tmmrw.

With Wolverine taking off, I guess it's leading up to that solo mini of his that's coming up. Makes sense.

The UXM preview was decent. I like the idea of Wolverine doing his own thing, but I'm not sure I like where Kirkman's going with this one.

I'm just not hyped.

USM looks to be a solid issue. Very realistic reaction from everyone if a celebrity mutant all of a sudden ended up in class. Although I'm still wondering why Peter's school and not somewhere else?

UXM........the writing is ok. Nothing special. But the art has got to go. Why does everyone have puckered fish lips? The only one who looks normal is Wolverine.

I wish I could say that I'm hyped.....but I'm just not. The UU is so subpar right now that it hurts. There are far better books out there. :(

Kinda makes you want to take Ultimate Central and convert it to a general comics discussion board.

I'm just not hyped.

Well I think it was Kitty's attempt to keep Peter. I mean in the last issue of Ultimate X-Men Kitty was packing her things to move back with her mom who either lives in or near Queens. And since she no longer at Xavier's, her mother isn't going to just let her sit around the house. Also since when has any of the Spidey's though out the Malti-verse ever had a break from one of these type of things. This is a classic Spidey love triangle scenario.

I think we just need to realize the good old days of USM are over and hopefully we'll get something different to enjoy from now on. I liked 106 and I like Kitty and I'm ready to just move forward now. At least we're seeing the school again.

I don't think that's fair. Almost every mainstream comic has had a point (even if it lasted a few years) where it started to suck. Most titles bounce back eventually...you think that in the (however many) issues of Action Comics there weren't a bunch of times when people said that the book was going downhill? Well right now Action Comics is one of my favorite DC books. Give USM time. I have faith that it will eventually come back...

...as soon as Mary Jane is brutally murdered

hey guys, can someone please correct our site name in the first post? PopCultureShock.com! where's the love? :)

Latest posts

Back