Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #2 discussion (spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear said:
"Oooh Fishie" "Hello Logan would you like some Cocoa" :roll:

That looks like a pretty big change to me...

UltimateE said:
That looks like a pretty big change to me...

I see your point. A control over what he's saying. Which is the point of the expression on Logan's face. So maybe we'll get a "Professor Hulk" from now on. But if Hulk is now so much more intelligent why is he playing "pimp" it's contradicting to me. I don't like it. I don't like a more intelligent hulk and I don't like a dumb fraternity hulk either.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I see your point. A control over what he's saying. Which is the point of the expression on Logan's face. So maybe we'll get a "Professor Hulk" from now on. But if Hulk is now so much more intelligent why is he playing "pimp" it's contradicting to me. I don't like it. I don't like a more intelligent hulk and I don't like a dumb fraternity hulk either.

Don't assume he's a pimp. They could be worpshipping him, thinking he's a god or something.

This was a great issue. I'm really enjoying Lindelof focusing more on the characters rather than the story this time around... While it's not as visually appealing as some might expect, I still rather enjoy what he's done to Wolverine and, especially, the Hulk.

The issue focusing on primarily Bruce didn't appeal to me at first. I'll be frank - I don't find the Hulk to be that interesting of a character. Since he is so powerful he is now often used as a means to destroy things or creater chaos in the middle of a strong foundation of heroes. Now, we get some real depth out of Banner, which I really enjoy. Between his stunted mental growth and his acceptance of having the Hulk as a part of him, there is some great characterization... Lindelof took advantage of this and is shaping him into a formidable character that I now really enjoy. I do think one issue is all it takes to make or break a character.

The art was good, too. I just find Yu's style really appealing for some reason. I hope he gets stuck to another Marvel Ultimate project after this mini-series is wrapped up.

4.5/5. Easily.

I really liked how Lindelof subtly explains Bruce's anger. He tries to supress the Hulk by supressing his anger, but the hard he tries to deny his anger, the great the rage when he finally releases it. I assume were going to see how he was trained to accept the Hulk as a part of himself.

You guys are easily impressed

This was an okay issue, I fail to see how making insults to Bruce would cause him to be angry enough to become Hulk, after he went through all those calming lessons with Charles, and hadn't become Hulk for a good long time until the bombing incident

I'm still not happy with this.

And I don't think I will be.

Ultimate Houde said:
and hadn't become Hulk for a good long time until the bombing incident

That's not true, he had turned into Hulk while in his cell at least once and he just watched movies until he calmed down.

True he didn't rampage, but he did Hulk out.

Yeah, I liked the first issue better.

Ultimate Houde said:
You guys are easily impressed

This was an okay issue, I fail to see how making insults to Bruce would cause him to be angry enough to become Hulk, after he went through all those calming lessons with Charles, and hadn't become Hulk for a good long time until the bombing incident

I'm still not happy with this.

And I don't think I will be.

His love of his life betrayed him and left him to be killed.That would crack anyone.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Not the point. It's still him hulking out too easily even if Betty was mentioned. It completely ignores anything Xavier accomplished. The Incredible Hulk has yet to ever be written correctly.

Regardless of what Xavier accomplished, being essploded by a nuclear bomb would probably really screw up a person's mind.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Remember what Banner says at the very beginning of issue #2.

#2 of what? Refresh my memory please...

TheManWithoutFear said:
The recent one. He's obviously aware he should've died. He shouldn't be screwed in the head because they tried to kill him. He knows he's a monster and at that point thought possibly death wasn't completely out of the question.

The point is though that no matter how calm and cool Banner is, he doesn't have much control over Hulk. I mean, he Hulked out as a reflex when he wasn't even conscious.

UltimateE said:
The point is though that no matter how calm and cool Banner is, he doesn't have much control over Hulk. I mean, he Hulked out as a reflex when he wasn't even conscious.

You speak the truth sir.

I wonder what this will do for Banner's sex life.......:mrgreen:

I don't get this Zen bruce thing. Who cares what Xavier did. Who cares what Bruce feels about how he should be dead.

Hulk has a history of resurfacing at ANY opportunites.

When he was in custody, Bruce/Hulk was calm and manageable... Until Ultimate War when the power was cut. One tiny opening and he takes it, eating a few nurses in the process.

Bruce was never in control of Hulk, not one tiny bit. Until perhaps now. Is it Hulk accepting the Beast and gaining some control? Or Hulk overtaking Bruce completely?

Either way, Bruce never had any ability whatsoever to refrain Hulk from coming to the surface. There isn't one opening for the Hulk that Bruce has been able to shut down through force of will, zen technique or mental blocking.

Latest posts

Back