Ultimate X (Loeb/Adams)

I've liked it so far, but am waiting for the trade to buy it. And by trade, I mean the TPB, so I could be waiting years. Seriously, the TPB for the second arc of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man isn't even out until this summer. Marvel needs to change their policies on that.

I've liked it so far, but am waiting for the trade to buy it. And by trade, I mean the TPB, so I could be waiting years. Seriously, the TPB for the second arc of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man isn't even out until this summer. Marvel needs to change their policies on that.

Marvel is actually pretty good about getting collected editions out in a timely manner. They want you to spend more on the premiere hardcover, of course, so I doubt that they will be changing the release policies any time soon.

DC is 5 billion times worse though. They take forever to get collected editions out.

Are we sure Loeb is writing this? Because it didn't fill me with the rage of a billion exploding suns, like his stories usually do.
In fact... I thought it was kinda... fun.

You have to read it twice though. Ignore the red textboxes on your first read and go back for them after you finish. They suck you out of the story.

I kinda felt it was generic.

Two mutants who are related to each other are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

And Eddie looked like Toad in Xmen Evolution.

Marvel is actually pretty good about getting collected editions out in a timely manner. They want you to spend more on the premiere hardcover, of course, so I doubt that they will be changing the release policies any time soon.

DC is 5 billion times worse though. They take forever to get collected editions out.

This statement is truth.

I kinda felt it was generic.

Two mutants who are related to each other are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

And Eddie looked like Toad in Xmen Evolution.

Good going Houde. Now you just gave Loeb the idea for doing an Ultimate X VOL. II. I hope you're proud of yourself...

He could name it "cross-armed opposites"

Haha, Family Guy reference there.

This remains astonishingly readable, if a bit cliche. Not to mention redundant; Loeb, if you wanted to use a character, you shouldn't have killed them off. Teddy and Wolverine's son are basically the same as their fathers, powers-wise.

Did anyone else find the narration distractingly unrelated to the action scene to scene? I almost felt like i needed to read it twice, one to get Liz's mom's speech, and one to figure out what was happening.

I'm still impressed that it's the closest we've had to classic Loeb in years, but I'm getting sick of this. I hope they just announce the new Ultimate X-Men series that this is clearly setting up soon.

Should Ultimate X get it's own book?

It seems like Ultimate X is a team. Possible a non-funded state (off the records) Mutant team. Should we have another Ultimate X(-Men) book? Or should they only pop up once in a while in other titles or Minis'? Or should the just integrate into the X-Men?

Last edited:
Re: Should Ultimate X get it's own book?

Really?? Nobody had a thought on this...

Re: Should Ultimate X get it's own book?

It seems like Ultimate X is a team. Possible a non-funded state (off the records) Mutant team. Should we have another Ultimate X(-Men) book? Or should they only pop up once in a while in other titles or Minis'? Or should the just integrate into the X-Men?

Really?? Nobody had a thought on this...

Merged with main Ultimate X thread.

So, the team is starring in the Ultimate Comics: Hawkeye mini.

I feel like I've missed something. When did the team start working for Fury? Or even become a legitimate team and not some teenagers who had just recently met?
What is the one with the wings called again?

I just read Ultimate X for the first time two days ago. They were working with Fury the whole time. You find that out in the final issue. Jean (Karen) recruited them to help mutants and they sort of decided to become a team as soon as she met with Jimmy Hudson (Wolverine's son). And the winged guy's name is Derek Morgan.

It actually wasn't a bad read. Which was shocking.

Last edited:
haha, no prob. It's the kind of thing that I'll probably have forgotten about in a month or less, but I seriously just read it on Tuesday.

Just read this and kinda feel sorry it never got further, the ultimate comics xmen line that follows picks up a lot of the aspects, but I don't see why those characters couldn't have carried on. This was half decent and I imagine what the new new young ultimates will be like.

Latest posts

Back