Ultimate X-Men 2006: A Year In Review

Re: Ultimate X-Men A Year In Review

We *generally* don't consider anything said in solits to be spoiler material.

Ahh. I didn't realize that solicitations weren't spoilers.

I've just seen people mention on the site several times that a big death is revealed in the solicits, and I've been making an effort to avoid the solicits for exactly that reason. And it does seem (to me at least) like I should be able to discuss the last year of X Men without having the next years surprises spoiled. But, like you said, the rule is the rule and thers not much point in debating it. Now I know the rule, and will plan accordingly.

Joe said:
Well, some people skip solicitations for just this reason.

It doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to post in a forum if they want to avoid this information.
Thank you.

compound said:
I'm honestly sorry, if I ruined that for you
Eh, don't sweat it. I would have found out eventually anyways, maybe this way I'll forget before the actual comic comes out.

Ahh. I didn't realize that solicitations weren't spoilers.

I've just seen people mention on the site several times that a big death is revealed in the solicits, and I've been making an effort to avoid the solicits for exactly that reason. And it does seem (to me at least) like I should be able to discuss the last year of X Men without having the next years surprises spoiled. But, like you said, the rule is the rule and thers not much point in debating it. Now I know the rule, and will plan accordingly.

I really, genuinely feel bad that people who avoid solits sometimes get spoiled by them. We figured that if we got too conservative about it we'd have to spoiler tag EVERYTHING. It's a tough line to draw, and even though you can't please all of the people all of the time I feel bad that it doesn't work out for everyone. I hate getting things spoiled (I personally don't consider solits to be spoilers but can see why some might see them that way) so I get the line of thought.

Kirkman had some solid ideas while some of it fell flat. It was all about average.

TGO sums up my feeling perfectly. The nine-issue filler was mediocre, except for a few things dealing with the Phoenix. Cable. . .well, if we take away the fact that Cable *could* be
Wolverine
, I really like it and shows that Kirkman wants to do things with this title. Also, the fact that he made Nightcrawler a psychopath was very ballsy and I give him credit. Magnetic North was my least favorite arc with Vaughan so. . .yeah.

I'd give this year a C+.

TGO sums up my feeling perfectly. The nine-issue filler was mediocre, except for a few things dealing with the Phoenix. Cable. . .well, if we take away the fact that Cable *could* be
Wolverine
, I really like it and shows that Kirkman wants to do things with this title. Also, the fact that he made Nightcrawler a psychopath was very ballsy and I give him credit. Magnetic North was my least favorite arc with Vaughan so. . .yeah.

I'd give this year a C+.
Magnetic North was last year, though.

Uh...yeah. Remember it ended in Nov. 2005? No UXM in December and it came back in January with Date Night?

Throw me a bone here, Ice. You forgot when Loeb and Mad were announced for Ultimates 3, let me forget when Magnetic North ended. :p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back