Ultimate X-Men #54 *SPOILERS*

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Well, another hell of a start of an arc by Vaughan. Tensions are rising as we begin a new story. As from what we saw from the preview 2 months ago, the issue stars with Longshot running from the hunter. He gets "lucky" when the hunter is struck by lightning when the hunter was about to kill him. 'Course, his right eye lit first. :wink:

Now, Mojo is shown, as some big, fat guy with white dreadlocks. I think the way he's shown in the UU is good.

What is crazy though, is that after Xavier is told about this, he immediately assembles for a mission, where Iceman, Cykes, Jean, and Colossus are sent to find clues if Longshot really committed the crime that he had been convicted for.

Here's the crazy part, Colossus gets pissed that they are going to another place that's not Krakoa to rescue Longshot. Where are they going you ask? To GENOSHA!
Yes, Genosha. But since Colossus is so angry, Xavier 'grounds' him, and sends Kitty in his place.

And man, is Dazzler really wantint trouble! She gets the others, (NC,Angel, and Colossus) and tells them to hot-wire the X-Jet to go to Krakoa. Now we know how Angel will get into trouble!

Overall, I say this issue was really a good start. The art isn't so bad, as some have thought.

Your thoughts?

Sounds interesting. Genosha...

This definitely appears to be a better story than what I originally expected out of it. When we first heard about this, it just seemed like a rescue mission, but with this issue there are a lot of openings for characterization, plots, and future plots that can only be explored in explosive plot turns and interesting notes about what's actually going on.

I definitely think that Longshot is shaping up to be a cool character... He's got a past which will most likely turn the tables on Mojo in the end which is cool and, yes, he does have that edge that I predicted when the preview pages were released. I'd love to see this play out more in the next issue.

Mojo is also a very cool villain. He's no mutant (well, sort of) and he seems to be a few pancakes less of a stack, if you know what I mean (Well, so is all of Genosha, I guess), when it comes to dealing with criminal mutants. I only hope that he becomes more than the behind the scenes character we've seen in this issue.

Colossus, though, really was the one who shined in this issue. There is an edge to him and a very cool attitude about mutant treatment. He believes in street justice rather than court justice, if you will, which is extremely cool for a character as sensative as him.

The art was a shocker... I actually liked it! The coloring job was phenominal and the art was striking like Peterson's work (You can see it in Cyclops).

I hope this goodness keeps up... I'm liking this better than the Gambit arc already!

Also, something that you were a littled confused on, Ice... Krakoa is actually part of Genosha, but it's off shore a little bit. It's uninhabited, really, save the television show currently being shot for taking care of criminal mutants in Genosha. Genosha outlawed mutants and, by barbarics, are going to clean up the mutant mess in their country.

No, problem, Ice...

Also, was the hunter in the beginning or the "suit" supposed to be Arcade? I was thinking that the hunter killed was, but then Mojo mentioned he was pulling out the big guns... I think that's going to be Arcade.

I had to pick this one up... I know not TPB but I just wanted to check it out...

I thought the art was terrible

but on to the good stuff... pretty cool Mojo's a cool bad guy... I don't know if I like all the tension between everyone and there's a lot of it... I don't really have too much to say about it other than it was good and left me high and dry (why I buy TPB)...

Was Mojo a mutant in 616??

Mojo was an alien in 616, XTF. He also walked on spider-like legs and had green skin... He was a walking slimeball.

Also, the tension is explained in the Cry Wolf story... If you haven't read that TPB, read it and you'll understand a little more.

So, LS, what did you think of the actual issue... When I was reading it I couldn't help but think of you and what you were going to think of Longshot the character in the UU.

Goodwill said:
Mojo was an alien in 616, XTF. He also walked on spider-like legs and had green skin... He was a walking slimeball.

Also, the tension is explained in the Cry Wolf story... If you haven't read that TPB, read it and you'll understand a little more.

Cry wolf didn't come out in TPB yet :evil:

and thanks for clearin' that up Dragon... I like Mojo as this Albino guy they have him... but maybe by arcs end he'll be different...

Yeah, sorry, I don't have to keep up with the TPB's...

Also, I think he's going to stay the same or die by the arc's end.

This issue was good. It was quick and to the point. The only thing that bothers me is that Vaughan still has Iceman be a "lower" class man. But aside from that a great issue.

Latest posts

Back