Ultimate X-Men #56 discussion (SPOILERS)

I have to disagree with Mojo using him as the next "running man". 1 Hed fly away and 2. The X-Men could just come get him back.

Nah, i think he'll just cut off his wings and stuff on TV

Why would Mojo want to use Angel as "the running man"? Like Nurhachi said, the X-Men would save him like they saved Longshot. Plus, being that the X-Men is under U.S. government control and Angel is a part of the X-Men, the U.S. might get involved being that Angel is only guilty of trespassing and nothing else. I'm actually putting too much into this.

Mojo is going televise Angel getting clipped or killed unless they bring back Longshot, plain and simple.

and I just thought of this (or someone brought it up earlier but I forgot) but could it be that Longshot's powers are actually affecting the X-Men in a negative way, making himself look good. I mean those three X-Men were fully capable of taking care of Arcade, but looked sluggish as hell instead. In comes Longshot to save the day. Ali steps on a mine. Longshot saves her. Perhaps he has good luck because everyone else around him has miserable luck. It might be a stretch but it could happen.

Nurhachi said:
I have to disagree with Mojo using him as the next "running man". 1 Hed fly away and 2. The X-Men could just come get him back.

Nah, i think he'll just cut off his wings and stuff on TV

Holy Crap!! I didn't say he'd use him as the running man I said that he wouldn't because of the reasons Icy mentioned ... for god's sake people the show is shut down for a while and the only thing mojo can do is put him on tv from his own headquarters that is what I'm saying don't make me look like the guy that said he was going to be the running man because it was my idea that said it wasn't possible [insert furious face]

IcyFlames said:
and I just thought of this (or someone brought it up earlier but I forgot) but could it be that Longshot's powers are actually affecting the X-Men in a negative way, making himself look good. I mean those three X-Men were fully capable of taking care of Arcade, but looked sluggish as hell instead. In comes Longshot to save the day. Ali steps on a mine. Longshot saves her. Perhaps he has good luck because everyone else around him has miserable luck. It might be a stretch but it could happen.

Dude, that's pretty interesting... good thought...

Luckiest man on earth?

Could you imagine:
Magneto attacking the mansion, X-Man turning against X-Man, and Jean losing control of her powers and turning into Dark Phoenix all at the same time, while Longshot sleeps soundly in his bed.......with Kitty and Storm. Or maybe I'm just thinking of how cool it would be to be Longshot. :D

IcyFlames said:

Is that how his powers worked in 616?

Longshot's powers in 616 were

superhuman speed, agility and reflexes, alter all nearby probabilities to his advantage, scan objects for psionic imprints, throwing knives, grappling hooks

From www.uncannyxmen.net

IcyFlames said:
They could be different or altered in the UU. Just a thought.

Any particular reason why?

No-one significant has had altered powers and no-one really has different powers at all except Emma Frost and here diamond skin no telepathy.

Not saying it shouldn't happen, just wondering why Longshot? I think his powers suit him.

Caduceus said:
Longshot's powers in 616 were

superhuman speed, agility and reflexes, alter all nearby probabilities to his advantage, scan objects for psionic imprints, throwing knives, grappling hooks

From www.uncannyxmen.net

I knew what his powers were but I wasn't sure if to gain good luck, good luck had to be taken from someone/something else, resulting in bad luck. There was some character whose powers worked like that whom I can't remember now...

Umm, could it be Domino?

Longshot's powers simply alter flat probabilities to his advantage while her brain emits telekinetic bursts that change the probabilities for her

Latest posts

Back