Ultimate X-Men #56 discussion (SPOILERS)

UltimateE said:
I like it. :D

Thanks... I think unless it is garbage :(

Goodwill said:
In #55, MwoF, it was said that Scheele was on of the few elected officials to actually denounce the mutant prohibition on Genosha, so you're theory is, frankly, garbage.

So he was for mutants? Ok, then... that doesn't have to mean I'm wrong though. The key to my theory was Spiral wanted to keep things status quo. For what reason? I don't know... And youre theory about her setting up Longshot for the reason that his powers would keep him safe was in synch with my theory so I wouldn't refer to it as "garbage".

Can you come up with another explaination as to why she set this up?

How is killing a supporter of the mutants helping them? That was my problem with your theory... The motivation of Spiral is the whole thing, man.

I just read the issue and it's not stated anywhere that Blink actually was killed.
Major Domo: "Our affiliate on Genosha is repeating the Blink episode from our premiere, but..."

Yeah, I know. It's strongly suggesting that she got killed but not stated. :wink:

And I also think that it's a chance that Arcade comes back in the next issue. "Time for round two!" or something like that. :D

Ultimate Warrior said:
I just read the issue and it's not stated anywhere that Blink actually was killed.
Major Domo: "Our affiliate on Genosha is repeating the Blink episode from our premiere, but..."

Yeah, I know. It's strongly suggesting that she got killed but not stated. :wink:

And I also think that it's a chance that Arcade comes back in the next issue. "Time for round two!" or something like that. :D

I only ran threw it when I was over my cousin's house. I thought I missed it saying she died. But you're right it never says she got killed... so I guess that argument is put to rest and everyone can sleep alittle easier...

And Arcade could come back anytime he wants he was only tied up to a tree. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him by Mojo's side in the final battle...

Goodwill said:
How is killing a supporter of the mutants helping them? That was my problem with your theory... The motivation of Spiral is the whole thing, man.

It looks to me like Spiral liked keeping out of the spotlight... I don't know, there's always reasons why was she leaving to go to America after she went through all of that trouble?

The only way I see this happening is if Scheele was a supporter after the mutants had gone into hiding... Do you see where that idea would be going?

Yeah, there definitely will be... Also, why is Phoenix using a sword to interrogate her when she can just take the information out of her head?

Well, it just doesn't make sense to me, you know? I mean, it would free up time in the issue to have a little more fun, you know? I really could care less about Cyclops and Jean, BKV was hinting on his website that the result of the Angel/ Longshot exchange will leave fans miffed... Whatever that means, right?

Goodwill said:
Also, why is Phoenix using a sword to interrogate her when she can just take the information out of her head?
Well, remember, it IS still Jean in there. It's not like Phoenix has COMPLETELY taken over her. Jean would never just take the information out like that.

Goodwill said:
Yeah, there definitely will be... Also, why is Phoenix using a sword to interrogate her when she can just take the information out of her head?

Try to follow me here, and this is not terribly important either. Have you ever just picked something up off of the ground and held it when you were talking or something? She probably just picks the sword up and holds it.

I'm pretty sure the last page of #56, with Angel nailed up on the wall by his wings by Mojo, is a pretty clear indication we'll be seeing an Ultimate Archangel soon. Wonder if maybe we'll see Ult. Apocalypse brought back for this? Just some speculation, but seems to be the likely direction for Angel now that his wings are full of holes and most likely useless.

Not necessarily. Plenty of people have driven nails through their hands and have had no loss of movement. It all depends where the nails are. Some of those look like they just hit feathers. Unless there's serious nerve damage he'll be fine.

The reason 616 Angel lost his wings is that a corrupt surgeon (who was working for somebody... Apocalypse maybe I can't remember) lied to Warren, saying that the damage was irreparable and that amputation was needed to save his life. This whole nailing things thing is just a reference to the 616 incident. It's far too early for something like that to happen.. unless he gets sent to a Genoshan hospital or something, but if he's talken back to the school there'll be no ampuations.

I don't think that angel's going to have his wings cut off or altered, because for him to be on the show he would have to have his wings. Mojo would want him to be entertaining and that means that he needs to be able to fly, otherwise he might as well be human.

MaxwellSmart said:
I don't think that angel's going to have his wings cut off or altered, because for him to be on the show he would have to have his wings. Mojo would want him to be entertaining and that means that he needs to be able to fly, otherwise he might as well be human.

No one said he was going to be on the show. Mojo seems to only be interested in LongShot being on the show. And the show is on Hiatus since Colossus, Dazzler, Nightcrawler took down the feed.

Mojo's last line is "My subscribersdemand their pound of flesh ... but I'm sure they'd settle for a pound of feathers." This implies that if longshot doesn't return to the show . Mojo's going to put Angel on the show and definitely won't survive.

Latest posts

Back