Ultimate X-Men #59 Discussion/Spoilers

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
I know this is why Captain got booted but I got substance/info to share. A guy over at Ultimate-X.com has read issue 59 and posted a summary. If anyone wants me to share I'll still throw the spoiler tags around it and post it here. Just gimme the word.

All right. I just wasn't sure because it spoils the entire issue... but if you're interested highlight to read.

Okay, first of all, I'm not liking the art AT ALL. What the heck happened with Storm's hair?! Eek! An' Wolvie's do doesn't have the usual points either, it's just.. flat. Well, enough about hair..
Storm was lookin' for Wolvie, she finds him in a bar beatin' up some dude s who killed a mutant, thinking it was just some beast. Poor Sasquatch. He was a teenage kid. 'Ro helps out in the fight when things get rowdy, then she and Logan boost a car and drive off.
Logan showed her his ring, and told her about the wife thing. I liked that, an' the part where Storm made a joke about it. While they're driving, Lady Deathstrike appears in the middle of the road and slices the truck in half, doing the whole, 'long time no see' thing. Logan thinks she nuts cuz he doesn't know who she is, and Deathstrike says she was talkin' about Storm.
It appears that Deathstrike is after Wolvie for Weapon X, but she has her own agenda and seems to want revenge with Ororo. So that's where the issue ends.
So overall it wasn't bad... I just didn't like the artwork.

Some good some bad stuff...

That's the whole issue or just a few pages..... :( seems kinda short if its the whole issue.

So Wolverine managed to work his way into the plot afterall. :D

I got the issue in the mail today and this issue doesn't fail to improve upon the preview that we saw over at Buzzscope. Seriously, this two parter WILL show up to be something great...

The story is primarily a Storm story, however, it's also about Wolverine. Donning a short haircut reminiscent of Jean's first do in the beginning of the series, the issue continues with Storm hot on Logan's tail. After a fight in a bar, Storm finds Logan and is quick to getaway from the quarrel, leaving the bar to be cleaned up. Upon driving, the car is attacked by Lady Deathstrike and Storm and her share an interesting moment at issues end. Needless to say, there's going to be an interesting conclusion to this story and I'm really glad that I enjoyed the issue this much because it's not wanting me to get this story over with... Rather, I can actually wait until Magneto comes around! How cool is that?

Also, some very good character her and I am really starting to like Storm. Although she is another tragic hero in the X-Men (Which is a bit tired now, huh?) I still feel like this is what she needs to be until she gets things going on the right track again.

Lastly, the art was good, too. Wolverine's hair was a bit off at times, but other than that, it was spot on.

He was killed by the guy Wolvie's beating on.And yeah,she's hunting Logan for them but the character is an old friend of Storms.Welcome by the way.Try checking out the new members thread.

I thought the issue was pretty good. The art was ok, but nothing spectacular. But what I am dissapointed with is that Vaughan wrote that bar scene straight out of the X-Men movie, with just one tad minor difference. There was nothing wrong with it, but just copying it to almost the exact lines just doesn't seem right somehow....

Now, the guy (scientist maybe?) who Lady D was talking to, don't he look like Doctor Cornelius?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Anyone think Storm's short haircut is cut that way so she tries to make herself look more like jean? We are dealing with Logan.

Im pretty sure the reason she cut her hair was because Beast had just died and that was her way with dealing with his death.

René said:
Im pretty sure the reason she cut her hair was because Beast had just died and that was her way with dealing with his death.
This is ANOTHER hair cut. Not the same as before, otherwise it wouldn't have been brought up.

MWF- it looks like Jean's, but I doubt she did it like that on purpose.

It looks the same to me. Maybe it just a grew a bit more.

Well I have to wait to get home to read the issue. I didnt know. Ill let you know after Memorial Day.

I don't ever remembering Storm ever being in the movie when Wolverine was in the bar scene. I think that is a pretty radical claim, Ice. The scene was reminiscent, but what universe with Wolverine it hasn't had a classic scene with him leaving a bar trashed? If you want to draw similarities between the movie and this issue, take Deathstrike out and put Sabertooth in... There you go, you've got that scene copied, too.

Also, I thought Doc Cornelius was there,too. I don't think we'll see more of him but we'll have to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodwill said:
I don't ever remembering Storm ever being in the movie when Wolverine was in the bar scene. I think that is a pretty radical claim, Ice. The scene was reminiscent, but what universe with Wolverine it hasn't had a classic scene with him leaving a bar trashed?
He's referring to the scene in the bar in X-1 with Rogue.

Latest posts

Back