Ultimate X-Men #61 Cover! (Spoiler!)

This looksk fantastic. I had the person that broke Magneto out pegged as Mystique and, with this cover, it changes everything! Wow, I can't hardly wait for this to happen... Hopefully, like E had hoped too, this will be a big deal for the entire UU and the story will be the best of Vaughan's run. The art looks great and, if this is any indication of what the story will be like, I'm soo ready.

i bet she just figures that he is her father.

Polaris just sitting around one day bending spoons: .... HOLY CRAP!

Nice cover.

icemastertron said:
I've answered this in another thread. In Uncanny X-Men, it was confirmed she's Mag's daughter, cuz she did blood testing and found out they are father/daughter. In "Of Darkest Nights", she said this to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

You have to remember that this was written by Austen. It (hopefully) won't even be acknowledged by other writers (or it'll get House of M'd.)

His first child was Anya, who was human and died in a fire.

DigiEmissary said:
You have to remember that this was written by Austen. It (hopefully) won't even be acknowledged by other writers (or it'll get House of M'd.)

His first child was Anya, who was human and died in a fire.
Just because it was written by Austen doesn't mean it's not cannon. It wasn't even Austen's idea. Someone else had thought of it loooong time ago. Austen just revived the idea.

icemastertron said:
Just because it was written by Austen doesn't mean it's not cannon. It wasn't even Austen's idea. Someone else had thought of it loooong time ago. Austen just revived the idea.
Austen also made Lorna crazy. Also wrote The Draco. :evil:

Sad to say most of the writing the past few years will be undone with HoM, some of things need to be erased, some not. Oh well, I'll still read the comics.

DigiEmissary said:
(or it'll get House of M'd.)

I plan on using this in every day conversation. :D

does one think she will have control of her powers.
i think it would be cool if they do something with her and magneto
that when she get's in close with him or in a area of him. that she get's a power boost. and help's him get out.

fantomex said:
does one think she will have control of her powers.
i think it would be cool if they do something with her and magneto
that when she get's in close with him or in a area of him. that she get's a power boost. and help's him get out.

She does help him. She accidently breaks him out. I think mags is the one whose gonna get the power boost.

Well, Lorna's eyes may indicate that she's, in some way, possessed and, reading the solicitation (Which should also be discussed here), I think that this is a more feasible conclusion than, say, Ice's where Lorna wants to break out her father. I don't know, if Magneto were my father and did all that stuff, I'd still want him locked up regardless... He didn't treat QS and SW with the best, so why would I be any different? Anyway, like I said in the solicitation thread, I thought that maybe Magneto could "magnetize" those who could magnetize, too. Do you get what I'm saying? He controls Lorna to break him out... Now, the trouble with that is, he'd have to be really powerful to do that because I'd imagine Lorna isn't anywhere near SHIELD headquarters.

But there are some people who want their mother/father (in this case father, if it turns out that way. Im just saying it as one possibility) don't care what they did, and try to get in touch somehow. Maybe Lorna is going a little nuts cuz her boyfriend left her just so he can become known, and needs someone, and well, you should get the picture now.

No offense, but I don't think that kind of story would fit in the Ultimate Universe. All of the character's motivations have been more than just a cry for attention, really, and I don't by that Lorna would be any different. I'm hoping that there is more to her than that, as I'm sure you are, too.

Also, Magneto didn't have her around while you would think she was needed most, so where do you think she falls on the list of priorities for the Master of Magnetism? This also seems to discount your theory rather harshly...

So let's see here. We've got the Breakout of Magneto, with a deffinate involvment from Polaris (I don't mean she's breaking him ou, just that she's involved in the story.)

We've got Havok and The White Queen gauranteed a return by Vaughan on his FAQ before his run ends.

We've got the Hellfire Club re-emerging in the last issue.

I think that things are shaping up very nicely, and could come togethr in one hell of a storyline. I love you Mista Vaughan.

And yeah, I thought it was common knowldge that Polaris was Maggy's kid. It's not exactly a new revelation. Didn't know he had a human baby though.

Baxter said:
And yeah, I thought it was common knowldge that Polaris was Maggy's kid. It's not exactly a new revelation. Didn't know he had a human baby though.
Yeah, she never got old enough to hit puberty, so she never had powers.

But this ocver IS. STILL. AWESOME. I just really like the colors, and now it's my new desktop background.

she has powers in the UU. emma tells the pres. that she is magnet girl and summer's older brother alex are dating and the pres. say's no to the magnet girl but ok to alex

I think that if polaris breaks magneto out, she will do it because she is against the government. First, the government doesn't have the best track record regarding mutants. Second, her boyfriend just dumped her to be a puppet of the government. I think that she will see magneto as a political prisoner not a murder and feel that breaking him out is the right thing to do.

Although, my biggest wonder is what magneto is going to be like after he escapes. Part of me thinks that he will see himself as a mutant Nelson Mandela and want to be a political activist. It just wouldn't seem right to have him go on a killing spree upon freedom. I am also a little worried that they are going to have magneto escape and be recaptured in the same arc in which case he won't have the opportunity to do anything. Which I think would be stupid.

MaxwellSmart said:
I think that if polaris breaks magneto out, she will do it because she is against the government. First, the government doesn't have the best track record regarding mutants. Second, her boyfriend just dumped her to be a puppet of the government. I think that she will see magneto as a political prisoner not a murder and feel that breaking him out is the right thing to do.
But then where's the 'accident' part?

It was just an idea... The 'accident' part could be that she was being pulled in to the SHIELD detention center for whatever reason, her powers fritz, and Magneto is broken out. It could be as simple as that... Magneto could use her after that, making sure that she doesn't do anything stupid and the X-Men and Havok come in from there.

Latest posts

Back