Ultimate X-Men #61 Cover! (Spoiler!)

MaxwellSmart said:
I think that if polaris breaks magneto out, she will do it because she is against the government. First, the government doesn't have the best track record regarding mutants. Second, her boyfriend just dumped her to be a puppet of the government. I think that she will see magneto as a political prisoner not a murder and feel that breaking him out is the right thing to do.

Although, my biggest wonder is what magneto is going to be like after he escapes. Part of me thinks that he will see himself as a mutant Nelson Mandela and want to be a political activist. It just wouldn't seem right to have him go on a killing spree upon freedom. I am also a little worried that they are going to have magneto escape and be recaptured in the same arc in which case he won't have the opportunity to do anything. Which I think would be stupid.
what is up with this guy and him thinking magneto would in someway think of himself like nelson mandela. i mean on can't you up with something alittle better then that.

fantomex said:
i mean on can't you up with something alittle better then that.

If that's so bad why don't you give it a try?

Well, first of all, Magneto can't just break out and think he can walk on a stage and become this political figure that will convince the masses that he was innocent. He harassed the president on camera. I don't see how the idea of Mandela is even possible, so I'm with Fant here... E, what do you think?

Are we confirmed that's Lorna on the cover? Not really green enough to me... heck, in her first appearance, even her lipstick was green.

jtg3885 said:
Are we confirmed that's Lorna on the cover? Not really green enough to me... heck, in her first appearance, even her lipstick was green.
Ultimate Starts Month sends Emma Frost, Alex Summers and the X-Men's greatest enemy into an epic new storyline! When teenage mutant Lorna Dane accidentally commits a horrific crime, will the X-Men protect her, or leave her to the fury of S.H.I.E.L.D.?
Yeah, it's official.

icemastertron said:
Yeah, it's official.
You've got a woman with light-colored hair and white eyes. Not the green and green we've come to associate with Lorna. I'm not debating if she's in the issue, I'm debating as to whether or not that's her on the cover, and if it is, why they've felt the need to change her coloration.

jtg3885 said:
You've got a woman with light-colored hair and white eyes. Not the green and green we've come to associate with Lorna. I'm not debating if she's in the issue, I'm debating as to whether or not that's her on the cover, and if it is, why they've felt the need to change her coloration.
Of course it's her on the cover. Green hair, still having purple on her clothes. Some difference in coloration doesn't mean it's not her.

icemastertron said:
Of course it's her on the cover. Green hair, still having purple on her clothes. Some difference in coloration doesn't mean it's not her.
That's definitely not the green we've seen on her. She's been shown as a very, very definite green. Not with chlorinated blonde hair. And basing something on the color of her clothing is as stupid as whoever suggested it was Jubilee on the cover of U2 #6 because the girl (now definitely Hellcat) was blowing a bubble of gum.

And on another note, the Marvel wallpaper almost always shows a cropped version of the cover.

I'm wondering if Emma's been entirely truthful about the extent of her powers now. I'll admit that it's probably Lorna (even though their colorist sucks), but the white eyes make me curious. Emma's eyes turned that color when she activated her diamond power. Does she truly only have diamond powers, or does she just say that to prevent the President from seeing her as Xavier Jr?

Perhaps Emma sees Erik as Charles does, as someone who just needs some reeducation before being reintroduced into society, and takes it upon herself to release him using her magnetic student. Possibly even playing upon the government ties she established back in her introductory arc.

Curiouser and curiouser.

jtg3885 said:
That's definitely not the green we've seen on her.

Different artists draw different characters differently.

jtg3885 said:
That's definitely not the green we've seen on her. She's been shown as a very, very definite green. Not with chlorinated blonde hair. And basing something on the color of her clothing is as stupid as whoever suggested it was Jubilee on the cover of U2 #6 because the girl (now definitely Hellcat) was blowing a bubble of gum.

Dude, it's Lorna give it a rest.

I think we should all be glad that this story is going to rock rather than moan about a mediocre cover. C'mon, we're beginning to sound like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. ;)

I actually rather like the artwork. It's quite clearly Lorna and its just a different version to the one that appeared for a single panel on the screen. With a completely different artist.

Right and, this time, she has a distinct face and is an individual. If you slapped black hair-dye into her hair in UXM before this cover, you would've gotten Karma. Seriously, Lorna's been improved upon.

let's just hope that it's not like the other arcs where it starts to build up to something great and then lets us down. like some of the other arcs of this book

Latest posts

Back