Ultimate X-Men #63 Discussion (Spoilers)

People over at CBR think Dazzler will either die or betray the team. In the letters page they said her status would change next issue, when "an x-men is near dead" or something like it...and when one reader said he loves her, they answered something like "let's see about this after next issue".

Personally, i think she will be hurt bad and will leave the team. Vaughan did say that the line-up would change at the end of this arc...

No! Let's keep her...she's interesting...yet. I don't know how i would feel if she was a mole at the mansion all along, though.

In the solicitation for part 4 it says that we will see "The return of a familiar face! A failed seduction! An X-Man near death! Pigs with wings!" I think the familiar face is Rogue, the failed seduction is between Polaris and Magneto(not in a sexual way though), the x-man near death is cyclops, and the "pigs with wings" is angel after being transformed by scarlet witch.

TheManWithoutFear said:
We already know why. Because they're genetically altered. Well, not Sinister but he's on "suicide watch ever since he tried swallowing his tongue." Best part about it was he kept saying like "he's coming" but he also added and interesting tidbit about a baby being born or something.... gonna be awesome!!! actually I'll raise Vaughan a point for it.

Wow, Vaughan knows his stuff... He made a reference to, like, every book I've read in the time that he's been on this book. Mice and Men, Lord of the Flies, and now Silence of the Lambs. Cool stuff...

Also, it's interesting how Sinister has still got those voices in his head. Cool.

MaxwellSmart said:
In the solicitation for part 4 it says that we will see "The return of a familiar face! A failed seduction! An X-Man near death! Pigs with wings!" I think the familiar face is Rogue, the failed seduction is between Polaris and Magneto(not in a sexual way though), the x-man near death is cyclops, and the "pigs with wings" is angel after being transformed by scarlet witch.

1. Familiar face could be Rogue. Could be just Gambit's lifeless body :wink:

2. Failed seduction? I'm banking on Colossus and Longshot.

3. X-Men near death? Called dibs on Colossus originally but possibly Dazzler now.

Either way Dazzler is on the list somewhere because something is happening with her.

Pigs with wings? I think that's a joke.

TheManWithoutFear said:
1. Familiar face could be Rogue. Could be just Gambit's lifeless body :wink:

2. Failed seduction? I'm banking on Colossus and Longshot.

3. X-Men near death? Called dibs on Colossus originally but possibly Dazzler now.

Either way Dazzler is on the list somewhere because something is happening with her.

Pigs with wings? I think that's a joke.
Agree with you on all accounts. It makes the most sense. Especially the failed seduction.

Familiar face'll be Rogue. Or zombie Gambit. (zombies are lifeless bodies, too)

Failed seduction will be Magneto and Polaris.

X-men near death will be Cyclops. (whoever it is, i certainly don't think they'll die. they would have advertised it)

Pigs with wings is Angel with wings.

iceman said:
X-men near death will be Cyclops. (whoever it is, i certainly don't think they'll die. they would have advertised it)
Not always. They didn't announce it when Beast died. They never posted "someone will die" or anything.

UltimateE said:
My issue had a miscut page and I missed some dialogue...I think I got the gyst of it but I'm not sure...might have to ask someone to post it. I think it's just a couple lines. I'll have to look it up and see what page it was...

I had the same problem, was yours the Magneto/Lorna conversation as well? Something with Mags mentioning Sentinels, etc...

TheManWithoutFear said:
Oh cripes!! I missed the best part. In the start of the issue Fury is taking Longshot to his cell and he's explaining to him why DeathStrike and Essex are there.

I liked Essex and Deathstrike's appearance. Good to see Sinister didn't kill himself after all, but Fury mentioned the attempt which was also cool.

And with the last page showing Widow in her armor, this confirms the Magnetic North arc occurs sometime after the first Ultimates 2 volume (issue #4 specifically).

icemastertron said:
Baby being born?

Sinister saying that?

Mentioning Apocalypse ("He's coming")

I think of
Cable
but I somehow doubt it here.

I was thinking of the same thing. Could very well be a mention of Ultimate Cable. He doesn't necessarily have to be Cyke's and Jean's kid, as it seems way too early for that. Then again it could be something totally unrelated...just one of those things Vaughan threw in for a possible future arc by another writer (though I doubt Singer would tackle something like that).

TheManWithoutFear said:
I definitely think a death is around the corner. If not for Colossus then Dazzler would be the next best thing and it would bring Angel to a darker edge. Let's kill her.

I agree...I like Dazzler, but with all the Apocalypse hints being dropped (well, at least in this issue and way back in Tempest) it would make sense for Angel's character...at least in terms of turning him into Archangel. Whether this will be by Apocalypse's hand or not, it still makes sense.

Shihad said:
So Sinister is alive?????

Yup...Fury mentions he's been on suicide watch since he tried to swallow his own tongue, referencing the ending of Tempest when Apocalypse ordered him to choke himself.

Last edited:
DIrishB said:
I was thinking of the same thing. Could very well be a mention of Ultimate Cable. He doesn't necessarily have to be Cyke's and Jean's kid, as it seems way too early for that. Then again it could be something totally unrelated...just one of those things Vaughan threw in for a possible future arc by another writer (though I doubt Singer would tackle something like that).
Its just me, but I dont think they'll change parentage for him, even in ultimates. But that's just me.

icemastertron said:
Its just me, but I dont think they'll change parentage for him, even in ultimates. But that's just me.

I do, as if he were still Jean and Scott's kid, then it would involve time-travel or rapid aging, one of the two, and I don't see either being used effectively in the Ultimate universe. Though I could be wrong since Millar brought it into UFF, but thats a whole different corner of the universe and in a book like UFF it sort of makes sense. UXM is the racial examination book, while UFF is the whacky science based adventure book.

DIrishB said:
I do, as if he were still Jean and Scott's kid, then it would involve time-travel or rapid aging, one of the two, and I don't see either being used effectively in the Ultimate universe. Though I could be wrong since Millar brought it into UFF, but thats a whole different corner of the universe and in a book like UFF it sort of makes sense. UXM is the racial examination book, while UFF is the whacky science based adventure book.
Rapid aging would be worked better than time-travel, though you know its going to happen sooner or later. But it would be too much of a change if he's made into someone else's kid.

But hopefully we will see soon enough. Maybe the next writer will pick this up.

icemastertron said:
Rapid aging would be worked better than time-travel, though you know its going to happen sooner or later. But it would be too much of a change if he's made into someone else's kid.

But hopefully we will see soon enough. Maybe the next writer will pick this up.

Possibly, and I agree on the rapid-aging working better than time-travel point. But why would his parentage changing be too much, as opposed to say the Mad Thinker's Ultimate sex-change, Thor's God-hood in question, or Colossus being gay? The Ultimate universe is supposed to be different, doesn't have to be a near carbon copy of the 616 universe, as you know. I don't think Cable coming from different parents and not being from the future would lessen his character any. Might, in fact, make him more interesting. His name could just be Nathaniel Dayspring or Nate Askani or something. Crap, with names like that they could even turn him into an American Indian or Asian character...who knows?

I don't know. To me it just wouldn't be right. At least with the Mad Thinker there wasn't too much to the character in the first place (616). But with him, it's different. Don't know how to explain it, but it just is, for me.

Latest posts

Back